PDA

View Full Version : does xvalve work with the zbody

fastpitch321
05-13-2003, 11:32 AM
will Xvalve adn LX work with the Zbody (not Zgrip)?

Dayspring
05-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Yup.

p8ntballsnowman
05-13-2003, 02:10 PM
"I’ve got a Galactic Systems Z-body and my LvL 10 bolt won’t fit in it.

The LvL 10 bolt is .005” larger in diameter than the Level 7 bolt. Thus, LvL 10’s are not compatible with Z-bodies. Z-bodies are not an Airgun Designs product and Airgun Designs does not support it. Contact Galactic Systems thttp://www.galacticz.com to see if they have a remedy available."

I took this from the little disk that came with the level ten. I have never tried it, but it looks like it wouldnt work. I am not sure though, just stating what AGD said. Maybe the LX is different then the level ten + RT, i dont know.

fastpitch321
05-13-2003, 05:37 PM
hm, some say yes, some say no. Has anyone actually tried it?

borph
05-16-2003, 12:11 AM
I sure hope so.. I just LOVE my z-bod.
Recently ordered an X-Valve, so I'll post again after it's arrival.

pbzmag
05-16-2003, 01:09 AM
You need to do some light sanding to make if fit. What you need is fine sandpaper that comes in a roll. Those are made for pipes. Roll a piece around the head of the bolt, wrap your hand around the sandpaper and twist the bolt around 15-20 times or 10-15 times. Check the fit and repeat if necessary. Remember to let the bolt cool down from time to time.

RecklessFable
05-17-2003, 09:48 AM
I've got the X-Valve (and hence the Level 10) in my Z-Body. The only problem I've been having is a leak out the side hole (the small one opposite the air input). I'm not sure if this is related to the Z-Body since there are tons of RTs in Z-Bodies out there.

But to answer your question, yes, it fits, and no, I didn't have to do anything special to the Level 10 part of it.

askman
05-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Zbody have a stainless insert that captures the spring. This parts have a smaller bolt hole that cause the bolt to stick, but my guess is that tolerance is looser,so in some cases, it works. In my case, I had to ream out this insert.(I have a reamer that fits, but you probably can also do it with rolled up sand paper. You can also sand the bolt like some recommend) The aluminum body itself have big enough hole for level x bolt. I am in the process of putting together RT levelX zbody mag. (with either intelli or booyah)

Hope this clears it up. Looks like we have several zbody owners out there.

borph
05-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pbzmag
Roll a piece around the head of the bolt

head meaning the entire front end the spring goes around?

pbzmag
05-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Yes. Here's a pic where to sand.

borph
05-22-2003, 11:12 PM
The X-Valve (including the bolt) gives me no problem at all fitting inside the zbody, but nothing I've tried will make it fire. In this thread they were having similar problems,
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=83044
but even with my velocity adjustment cranked all the way clockwise as far as it'll go, still nothing. I've tried all three springs, but they all seemed too tense to let the bolt travel forward.
So I tried leaving the spring off and sticking an ink pen in the breach. That did make it fire, and I could reset the bolt with the pen.
Do you think sanding down the leading edge of the bolt could possibly make any difference here? I'm at a loss.

Dayspring
05-22-2003, 11:35 PM
You need to tune the carrier oring. The oring inside is too tight and not letting the bolt travel forward.

pbzmag
05-22-2003, 11:57 PM
Borph - What carrier are you using? Here's a trick that others used to tune the carrier. Insert the carrier onto the stem of the bolt with the white oring facing the bolt. Point the bolt down, if it slides off the carrier freely, the carrier is too big. Go to the next carrier till the bolt slides off slowly. Assemble the LX with no shims, original bolt and gas up. If it leaks, go to the next smallest carrier.

borph
05-23-2003, 12:16 AM
I just didn't have the velocity up high enough! I had to really get down on it to move it any further, but it finally budged s'more and now it's shooting with the stock spring, 2 shims, and the #1 carrier. Thanks to you all for your support! :D

fozzidouni
06-01-2003, 02:58 PM
I haven't had a single problem with my setup... I got my X-valve with Lev 10 setup in my Z-body... I've shot about half a case through my mag and haven't noticed a problem with the lev 10 not fitting in the Z-body. Oh, and while we're on the subject... the Z-body is real sick... I love being able to lob piant w/or withouth hop-up. And with my warp feed I can turn my gun upside down, turn the backspin up and lob paint over bunkers with such a crazy drop that it sits right ontop of peoples heads... try if you got the means...:D

pbzmag
06-01-2003, 03:21 PM
fozzidouni - I have my hopper on top but still can get a shot upside down. What I like doing is tilting my zbody to the right or left and let the ball veer right or left on a bunker. The player behind the bunker is like WTF! One question, what kind of paintballs are you using? Right now I'm using Proball. Nice and small but sometimes warped. I was using Marbs before but started to hate the the new shells.

fozzidouni
06-01-2003, 03:47 PM
yeah dude... that's just another advantage of the spin... I've used All-Stars and Hellfires... Both work pretty well... I've also used Zap Chronics, which are awesome paintballs, they don't get as good of a spin, but they're some of my favorite PBalls... Check out this site... It has the info you need for your Barrel... Afterall that's what you have to match the paint to.
http://www.paintballtimes.com/paintballsizes.htm