PDA

View Full Version : New York Xtreme Matrix - talk to me

JEDI
05-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Where better than an AGD forum to find out about a Matrix? :D Does anyone own one? Does anyone know any info on them besides the FON video? Does NYX have a website?

manike
05-13-2003, 12:56 PM
I've tried Eggi's who is the Finish guy making the eyes for them.

I'm also hoping to try one this weekend when in New York for the LIBG. I'm hoping to hook up with some friends on what was GZ but now is NYX etc.

So after this weekend I may be able to give you a better view.

So far, Eggi's mowed :)

JEDI
05-13-2003, 01:21 PM
Great! Thanks, I look forward to it.

JT2002
05-13-2003, 02:06 PM
hey manike, hope to see u there. u said u would be in the camp site place right? dont forget the x . heeh. well guys, a few weeks ago i was at teh cousins indoor field, and Kayle (sp?) of NYX was there behind the counter. me and 2 others wanted to see his trix. now it wasnt his NYX trix, but it did have the eye system, and the whole eye setup itself is cool. also go to shoot it. man that trigger goes on a dime, and FAAASTTT. now if i could only sell my timmy for a trix or xmag, hrmm.

well manike, we should also look for Dave from toxic there, a few weeks ago i also saw his toxic trix, man the milling is hot.

Fat Yoda
06-20-2003, 09:22 PM
#55:D

WarBUCKs
06-21-2003, 03:20 AM
No Skillz owns a the NYX... he has number 17

Edit: Check this forum
http://forums.matrixowner.com/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=bf8683425980d18196a95cab291007b7

Matt Crawford
06-21-2003, 09:38 AM
I have #27 here with me right now...(teammates)

Never tell a new matrix owner to install a freeflow bolt kit...LOL I gotta rebuild the whoe bolt kit then ibnstall the kit right....

*ArKfEaR*
06-21-2003, 11:33 AM
I was watching the videos its looking mad sweet. But too mad its mad ugly.

heh.

Tunaman
06-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Hey Jedi! You should wait and talk to Mel at PBX. You MUST see what is going on over there.;)

No sKiLLz
06-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Warbucks is once again a tool. No sKiLLz has #14, and I already enlightened Jedi to stay away from the Angel Speed. :D Everything I was saying about the Speed, Jedi, Warbucks can back up, because he was there (blender). Cop 2 is a joke. I think it breaks balls on purpose.

Make sure you go to Matrixowner, not MatrixownerS, dot com. Otherwise you get to the Toyota Matrix website. There you will find all kinds of neat stuff. Notice FreeFlow doesn't have their own thread...;)

JEDI
06-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Has any one gotten a rough estimate yet of what their hooked up Matrix can get out of a 68/4500 tank. This is the only reservation I still have. I heard they are worse than Emags on efficiency.

EsPo
06-23-2003, 08:40 AM
http://www.nyxtremematrix.com/

didnt see that posted already..

No sKiLLz
06-23-2003, 11:40 AM
The NYX is NOT efficient. On a 4500 I can get between 1200 to 1300 shots. A 3000 will get 8-900. The bolt in the Matrix is a Gen-E bolt, but Leethal (Lee) is coming out with his own, more air efficient bolt in the next couple of months. The current estimate is 2000 shots from a 68 45, but I don't think ANY marker gets 2000 out of a 68 45.

You can increase the input pressure to make it more efficient, get an Orracle spacer and the Leethal mod (which I think is going to come with the new bolt), but with the higher pressure, it's going to shoot different and not be as quiet or soft on your paint, which kind of defeats the purpose of owning a matrix. Remember, the Matrix is a relatively new marker. It hasn't seen a decade of R&D and field testing like the Mags and Cockers. As is, it shoots unbelievably well, and whenever the X-mag gets delivered to Warbucks, I can start doing a comparison, because there are very few markers that perform at this level.

The NYX is THE finest Matrix made to date. But of course, before you buy anything, try it out first.:D

minimag187
06-23-2003, 12:07 PM
I believe the Trauma Freeflow is one of the best deals and best matrix's, you get a lifetime parts and labor warranty so if your board fries you get a new one free, and any new upgrades that come out you get them free. Pretty soon or in a few weeks (not sure) you will be able to get the free optical switch/eye installed if you own a Trauma Freeflow Matrix LCD. The NYX currently does have the eye over the freeflow though.

No sKiLLz
06-23-2003, 12:33 PM
(sigh) Minimag, TRY the NYX before you say the Trauma is better. I'm almost 100% positive when FF comes out with the eye it will be reflective IR instead of a beam. NYX also has a similar gaurantee because both FF and the NYX guyz are backed (product wise, not financially) by Gen-E.

But think about this, if you were in business to make money, and you put out an obligation to give away for free all the money and R&D you use to develop something, at some point, you will either go under, or have to quit developing. How can a company constantly sink resources and man hours into something that will make them very little money? Let's take an aftermarker bolt for instance (hypothetically speaking lets pretend FF came out with a second generation bolt). If I were going to replace my Gen-E bolt, would I use the FreeFlow, or the Leethal bolt? Probably the Leethal, since the guy who develops Leethal products is one of three original patent holders of the Matrix design. So who would get an aftermarket FF bolt? The guys who can get it for free. What kind of company can stay in business if they have to give away everything they develop and manufacture, and recieve revenue from a small minority of people who maybe don't do their homework and buy what they are told to buy.

So IMO, FF has a uncalculated liability on their hands. The Matrix is a relatively new marker with plenty of room for development. Eventually they will have to charge for upgrades, or stop upgrading.

No sKiLLz
06-23-2003, 02:16 PM
A couple of posts from www.matrixowner.com (http://www.matrixowner.com)

Picture of Ironmen and a tri-fade NYX at Chicago

http://paintball.com/pics/PSP/chicago2003/la.jpg

Matty Marshal and Richi Telford lent Alex Lunquists NYX instead of their Ironmen Trixes,and what did they do with aftershock they whoped their asses with the best trix in the world NYX.Trauma (team) have the EGGI eye on all there trixes,they dont have NYX trixes.......just the eye.

But why would trauma need to borrow them. Until they get the Trauma trix's they have dust black led's that have the eggy board and eye(nyx board and eye). And i am not sayin this off of hear say, this is strait from the guys on trauma. I play a tourny series called cfoa and they ref some of the events, theres alwasy a couple of them at every event. One of the players told me about it when i had my trauma trix, he was giving me a hard time for gettin it before their team did. Very cool guy, not sure of his name lol, but very cool. And they spoke highly of the eggy stuff. Will

Looks like Trauma is using NYX parts in their markers...Hmm.

minimag187
06-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Yes, because they make the eye hardware and are the first ones to make an eye for the trix. Once FF comes out with the eye they will probably start to use them. BTW FF's do have better efficiency than NYXs, and are actually cheaper by $100-$200, like it matters. Yes, possibly they will charge for upgrades later, but im not sure.

manike
06-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by minimag187
BTW FF's do have better efficiency than NYXs,

Do they really? or do they just 'claim' to? :rolleyes:

One of the best reasons to get a NYXTrix is because Alex and Max Lundqvist who are responsible for the design and project are two of the coolest and nicest people in paintball. I love those guys and spent several sunny afternoons with them in Amsterdam getting drunk :)

Also Eggi who makes the eyes for them is as cool as heck :) I played in the same team with him at the World Cup last year.

Top people all around, not that it makes that much difference to people buying the gun, but it does to me :D

No sKiLLz
06-23-2003, 02:57 PM
FF supposedly has better efficiency because of FF's bolt. NYX uses the Gen-E Image bolt which gets (from personal experience) 12-1300 shots on a 68 4500 and 8-900 on a 68 3000. Personally I'm holding out for Leethals new bolt due out any day now.

And the extra price is for the custom board AND software. The chip IS NOT a Gun 20 chip, it is specific for the NYX. You will not find this software in any other Trix but the NYX (cept for the ones Team Trauma is using right now). FF is good, but IMO NYX is better. Like E-mag vs. Storm X-mag.

And Manike is right about the NYX guyz. Coolest people on the planet. Won't think twice about replacing a marker you're having problems with. And I don't know if you've met him, Manike, but Pete Reilly is just as awesome about anything the NYX buyers need.

minimag187
06-23-2003, 03:01 PM
Actually they do get better efficiency manike, the bolt is more efficient from what I see from matrixowner.com. You can buy the ff bolt for any matrix, but the leethal looks like it is worth the wait. And from what I see from playing regular games I can already shoot very fast, I dont see what a new board is really going to do for me for speed, I can see it for the eye though.

manike
06-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
And I don't know if you've met him, Manike, but Pete Reilly is just as awesome about anything the NYX buyers need.

I know Pete well. He was screaming at me across the trade stands at LIBG :) and I was with him in Toulouse the year he was 'poster boy' :D should have seen his face then, when his poster was ALL OVER Toulouse. The posters were larger than he is :) You are right, he is another great guy. In fact I love all the NYX guys I know. A great bunch.

As to the efficiency. I'm skeptical about any and all FF claims. They have been claiming the impossible for years and when it comes to real life impartial testing I have never seen the claims backed up. People that have paid for their stuff usually want it to be better because they paid out. Those I know that have really tested it weren't so happy. Just be aware of that when choosing is all I am saying.

But hey, if they are more efficient then great :)

Eggi's board is all about the eye... and the speed that lets you achieve without breaking paint. All the guns I have seen and tried with it felt 'faster' than the normal boards by quite a significant margin. Some of the guys on Eggi's team (Cyclone) are insanely fast with it and a Halo B on top.

Ov3rmind
06-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
The current estimate is 2000 shots from a 68 45, but I don't think ANY marker gets 2000 out of a 68 45.
Actually Vikings and Excaliburs have been getting that for a while.

WarBUCKs
06-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Don't let No Skillz bamboozle all of you over the NYX. (Note: No Skiillz has never shot the Trauma Free Flow Matrix) Shop around and see what you can get before you decide to buy anything. Here is my top 10 list of problems that I have noticed with his NYX:

1. Weight is a problem
2. You can't get the battery out unless you pry with a utensil
3. Everyone asks to hold it and then they complain about #1
4. You seem to carry the gun around everywhere you go cuz you are afraid to be away from it.
5. You get shot in the face alot.
6. Everyone shoots at you cuz you shoot way to much paint.
7. You name it Trixy
8. You give it countless trigger jobs.
9. When people ask to take a few shots, they empty your hopper cuz they don't realize how fast it shoots and then you wonder why you have no paint for the rest of the day and need to go to "Gramps and Grizzily's Outpost" to get more.
10. It's not an X-mag

Thank you and goodnight.

reefer madness
06-24-2003, 09:40 AM
how mantinence intensive are matrix compared to other high end markers?

No sKiLLz
06-24-2003, 01:47 PM
I'm going to light you up, Warbucks. I don't care if you're on my side or not.:mad:

1. Weight is a problem
Cuz ur a puss and have no muscles.

2. You can't get the battery out unless you pry with a utensil
Big freakin' deal

3. Everyone asks to hold it and then they complain about #1
They are all pusses with no muscles.

4. You seem to carry the gun around everywhere you go cuz you are afraid to be away from it.
I don't see the problem with this.

5. You get shot in the face alot.
Better I get eliminated from a face shot than a broken ankle, klutz.

6. Everyone shoots at you cuz you shoot way to much paint.
Another reason I get shot in the face.

7. You name it Trixy
It's spelled with an IE! TRIXIE!!!

8. You give it countless trigger jobs.
Bob Long would understand.

9. When people ask to take a few shots, they empty your hopper cuz they don't realize how fast it shoots and then you wonder why you have no paint for the rest of the day and need to go to "Gramps and Grizzily's Outpost" to get more.
Good thing I'm not poor like you.

10. It's not an X-mag
Keep waiting by the mailbox. Someday it will show up.:p
Trash talkin' Martha Focker.

WarBUCKs
06-24-2003, 03:04 PM
hehehee... this is fun.

11. Before you get lit up you think of lame excuses like, "Gee, you are lucky that I ran out of air" and the classic "Crap, I am out of paint." See #9 above.

12. You call everyone a puss cuz they don't like how much it weighs. People think realistically sometimes and wonder how hard it would be to get this thing to the fifty off the break. (of course I speak from watching no skillz in the back, seems like he has to do more reloading than shooting)

13. Dolph Lundgren was a lame punisher.

14. You are only punishing yourself if you buy one cuz No Skillz has one.

15. You try to mod the gun by moving the 1.2 ounce 9v battery out of the back and onto your sleeve.

16. You start wearing gold chains and pinky rings cuz you want to show your "Bling Bling."

17. The same guy shoots you every game with a cocker. In the face and gun.

18. Your dominant arm is 5 times larger than everyone elses cuz you are busy lifting a 20 pound gun and fondling it constantly.

19. You are a back player (this may be a preference for some). See #12

20. Overall: The gun is pretty good, has low pressure, fires nice and straight, weighs a ton, has a really nice ACE style eye (don't know what it is called), but it just isn't for me. I would definately pass up an Angel Speed for this gun. The Angel speed wasn't doing to well when No Skillz and I saw it the other day. My Angel Speed slogan, (sung to the tune of "Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, Oh What a relief it is") "Chop Chop, Ball Break, Oh what a mistake you made!" I have attached a picture of the NYX in Action. Look at him speedily turn the gun off!!!
http://www.rob2k.com/pics/paintball/peter5.jpg

FeelTheRT
06-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by WarBUCKs

17. The same guy shoots you every game with a cocker. In the face and gun.

http://www.rob2k.com/pics/paintball/peter5.jpg

maybe if he gets rid of that monsterous drop and start using a rail, he'll actually see the paint comming towards him instead of just seing the back of his gun pressed on his lenses ;)