PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Barrels

oOHiTmAn47Oo
05-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Will an impulse barrel fit on a minimag?

Dayspring
05-13-2003, 12:54 PM
No.

Impulse barrels fit Impulses. Mag barrels fit Mags.

The only time that changes is on an SFL/Xmag/Micro or ULE/Sluggo body Mag. They use cocker barrels.

oOHiTmAn47Oo
05-13-2003, 12:57 PM
I'm planning to purchase a new barrel for my minimag. I want a quiet and accurate barrel. Any suggestions?

Dayspring
05-13-2003, 01:11 PM
Well, quiet means more porting. That means less air efficiency.

Accuracy is attributed to paint to barrel match. Paint comes in different sizes, so do barrels. The closer your paint and barrel match, the more accurate your shots will be. The best way for that to happen is to get one of the barrel kits like the Freak. It allows you to size your barrel to the paint you use. If you play at one location primarily, you can settle with a mid-bore barrel and go from there.

While the stuff from Dye is somewhat expensive, they are good barrels. I shot stuff from my old boomstick and it was nice. (Using Evil and other PMI stuff). Another option is the Custom Products barrels.

Depends on how much you want to spend. Give Tunaman a PM and see what Dye barrels he has in stock. He'll hook you up good. If he doesn't have anything in stock, try www.paintballistix.com and give them a call.