PDA

View Full Version : Storing Emag/Xmag molded elec pin?

Bubonic Plauge
05-13-2003, 02:45 PM
I am wondering what some of you guys have come up with. It is just a matter of time before I lose the "molded electric interrupter" pin. Any suggestion or pics as to what you have done to keep them handy, not losing it?

Thanks in advance,
Egg

cphilip
05-13-2003, 02:51 PM
I do not think I have a picture of it but on the Micro E and the Emags I had before that I used a leash from a tank nipple cover and attached it through my air line. So it hangs down there dangling from the air line where I can find it.

On the X I just do not use one.

Evil Bob
05-13-2003, 02:54 PM
As seen in alot of the pictures posted here, many people secure them to the air line (usually shrink wrap covered stainless steel braided lines) so that it is readily accessible.

Those who own Xmags (which have a built in on/off switch) rarely use the interupt at the field, mostly for storage once they get home.

For my Emag, I leave it in the tool kit locked in the car, I prefer to not have the little yellow beasty dangling around, I've got enough wires and whatnots on it already.

-Evil Bob

fire1811
05-13-2003, 03:03 PM
i use the switch all the time.
the only time i use the pin is when its going to sit for a week or so

Blennidae
05-13-2003, 04:36 PM
I use a short length of "dog tag" chain and have the hose looped thru it like Evil Bob mentioned. I use my pin as a "safety" for when I'm walking around with it.

With the pin in and the selector on E, I can't accidentally fire the gun. When I chrono, I usually flip the selector to M, chrono, then back to E. I pull the pin once I am at the starting point for the next game.

personman
05-13-2003, 04:48 PM
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/10153/p/218602_5230829442018668146_vl.jpg

Its on a little ring and I stole it from a mag light.. it just hangs dwon, it doesnt bother me at all..

Tunaman
05-13-2003, 04:56 PM
I'll put something on there you will like....dont fret none....;)

Evil Bob
05-13-2003, 05:15 PM
Blennidae:

That's what the searlock is for... you know, that little push button to the rear of the trigger frame you never use? :)

-Evil Bob

covadsucks
05-13-2003, 06:09 PM
Evil Bob -on three Emags that I've owned I could never get my safeties to work reliably. I'd simply remove them and use the pin, never had a misfire from it.:p

*knocks on wood so he doesn't get shot in the butt in the staging area like Load SM5 did to Tom*

FESTUS33
05-13-2003, 06:15 PM
I keep mine attached to my barell condom tether, that way anytime my barell condom is off so is the pin, and vice versa. Of course this assume's your not in the habit of Losing your barell condom's, I've never lost one myself.
Rick:eek:
BTW Evil Bob My safety worked so well I had to remove it, I'm a lefty and just my normal grip of the marker kept turning the damn thing on!

Rmarks
05-13-2003, 06:20 PM
I usually stick it in the little plastic box that my Xvalve springs are in at the beginning of the day.

Mr.Emag
05-13-2003, 08:00 PM
HAHAHA I did the exact same thing (stole the rope from the maglight) that is what everyone should do if works so well

Load SM5
05-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks

*knocks on wood so he doesn't get shot in the butt in the staging area like Load SM5 did to Tom*

You just wait stinky....you're going down.

Mossman
05-13-2003, 09:21 PM
I lost my only pin my 2nd day out with the emag, even though I put it in the toolbox...grr

Anyhow, microline fits perfectly and it's utterly useless for any other application, so a 12" piece of micro may run you 2 bucks and you can get at least 15 yellow pin replacements out of it :D

Blennidae
05-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob

That's what the searlock is for... you know, that little push button to the rear of the trigger frame you never use? :)

The sear lock on my Eamg is so stiff, I find it easier to do the pin thing.

Evil Bob
05-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Load shot Tom in the butt in the staging area??

-Evil Bob

Kevmaster
05-13-2003, 10:11 PM
i wish my X-Mag had an on-off switch :(

Kevie was stupid and putting his Timmy-63 trigger in just as he had 3 times before on other EMAGS. well...i put the side of the grip frame down on the table and pounded the trigger pin back in...and saw the switch fly off :( i felt like a dumb schmuck. oh well...a little soldering and that connection is bridged and so it now needs the yellow pin...which i conveniently got two of with my x-mag. i'll have to get the boys to look at it at the IAO in two months

Load SM5
05-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Evil Bob
Load shot Tom in the butt in the staging area??

-Evil Bob

NO!Not in the staging area

JT2002
05-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5

NO!Not in the staging area

ohhhhhhhhh. so it was in the parking lot :rolleyes: :D

cphilip
05-15-2003, 08:18 AM
It was on the field waiting for the start. So Barrel plugs where out and masks on.

However we are trying to design Tom a butt protector now... ;)

Load SM5
05-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Ah screw you all! You're all just jealous because you've never capped an industry leader.

Bob Long is next.........*Sinister Laugh*

Outlaw5
05-16-2003, 09:27 PM
The answer I have for this is to get the Nipple Cover teather as stated in an earlier post and place the Key Ring portion through the pin and then attach it to the mag via the Battery Box Screw in the front. The large solid ring you would place on the Air imput quick disconect on a bottle fits easily under the screw and the screw will still tighten enough to hold the Battery Box on your mag. Hope this helps.:D

Smegma
05-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Ah screw you all! You're all just jealous because you've never capped an industry leader.

Bob Long is next.........*Sinister Laugh*
I wish i could say i did that...:rolleyes: Its quite an achievement if i say for myself.