PDA

View Full Version : Q:spyder upgrades

magless
05-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Don't start flaming me for owning a spyder, i do own a classic automag with ule on order, this is a backup gun

spyder xtra

i've been trying to sell it but if no one bites im gonna have to upgrade.

I have put a revvy, cp barrel, bob long x chamber, turbo valve and a new bolt,

My questions:

I want to put a dye single trigger frame on it with a dye drop forward, now if i by this trigger frame does it have the spyder holes drilled in the bottom, and do i just get a autococker single trigger for it, or does it come with one?

any help would be appriciated.

martin

Vash02
05-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Well, Im sorry but i dont know the answer to your question but have you tried to sell it at www.Kingmanusa.com? I own a spyder and use to visit there and people sell all kinds of spyders there. I can almost guarantee you'll get bites there.

RAM3139
05-13-2003, 08:23 PM
the dye frames have inline spacing for bottomline attachment. They dont come with any trigger assembly as far as i know, so you would have to get a spyder single trigger ( not a cocker one ), i think 888paintball.com sells them, or call kingman directly. You would also need the sear assembly (pins, spring, etc..) and the safety assembly, but you could just transfer that from your stock frame.
Oh, and if anyone flames you for having a spyder, there just ignorant and need to be bunkered :-) My spyder has been nothing but flawless for the last two years, in recball and tournaments alike.

magless
05-13-2003, 09:28 PM
maybe but the reason i have to upgrade is simply hell, stock with a gravity fed loader this sucker chops, i had to get a bolt and a revvy to stop that and so on,

i just have the double trigger sear assembly that came with it, will that work?
and as for bunkering people who insult spyders, they own tippmans, and in woodsball..
you can see where im going,

thanks for your help guys, (really!)

martin

edit: yeah i tried to sell it at kingmanusa too but they just wanted parts, im just going to use it as a backup so hey no problem.

goat
05-13-2003, 10:25 PM
You can do (if you havent already) a pretty simple and effective trigger job, put a set screw where the "trigger return spring" is. That way you can limit your rearward travel on the trigger and raise your rate of fire....If you want details or pics PM me and I'll get them to you.
I have done this on both of my stock 2X trigger's and it works great.
Goat

magless
05-16-2003, 05:00 PM
maybe but im not really looking for rof im looking at i like the single triggers, anyway...