PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem

p8ntballsnowman
05-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Well i was trying to install my level ten, so it said to turn up the velocity, so i did, it wouldnt work, so i turn it up again, and so on. I turned it up all the way, and now it wont unscrew. I almost broke the allen wrench, but instead, it stripped the threads, so now an allen wrench wont work. Its almost a circle. I have tried using chanel locks, and it just scratched the black part of the RT valve. I just need to get it out, so i can order a new one. Dont care if it scratches it, function over style. Any suggestions.

And, if i cant get it out, can i buy the black part anywhere, they dont seem to sell it on airgun.com

05-13-2003, 10:04 PM
If its a screw which uses an allen wrench and the screw is striped, try cutting a slot into the screw top. Make the slot wide and deep enough so that you can use the slot to remove the screw with a screw driver.

Hope this helps....

TAW
05-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Call AGD tomorrow before you totaly mess it up. Sounds like you didnt have some lube on the threads and buggered them.

p8ntballsnowman
05-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Well i didnt lube it, i didnt know u were supposed to. It just seemed to lock in place. I already know i totally messed it up, i just need to get it out. If not, i got to buy the silver part, and the black part. Newbie, that wont work, because its not a screw. Its where the velocity goes. I did lube it trying to get it out, hoping it would loosen the threads.

p8ntballsnowman
05-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Up. Can anyone help, or show me where i can get the parts i need.

HOMOCIDAL2
05-15-2003, 01:30 PM
GO GET A SET OF EASY OUTS DRILL A HOLE AND REMOVE IT.

p8ntballsnowman
05-15-2003, 08:47 PM
I dont think that will work. Has anyone else had this problem?

HOMOCIDAL2
05-15-2003, 10:52 PM
IT'S REALLY NOT THAT DIFFICULT. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TRY THE EASY OUTS THEN TRY A LEFT HAND THREAD SCREW OR BOLT. OR YOU CAN SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND TAKE IT TO SOMEONEWHO HAS EXPRIENCE REMOVING BROKEN BOLTS(ANY MECHANIC OR MACHINIST)