PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody like this body rail?

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 12:51 PM
I got bored. :D

Cristobal
05-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Wow, short! -- and probably light. My only thought/question has to do with the z-lock. (which it looks like you dispensed with) I'd always wondered that the SFL Emag apparently didn't have it... just how important is it to have the z-lock slot in the rail?

magman007
05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
z lock pin as you know, is to keep the valve from shooting out the back of the marker and hitting you, also, it stabilizes the valve for velocity adjustments. Its a retty good thing to have

on the sfl, there is a nice lil set screw in the back tho, that helps keep the valve steady etc

Cristobal
05-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by magman007
on the sfl, there is a nice lil set screw in the back tho, that helps keep the valve steady etc

ahhh, so that explains how they get away without having the z-lock. Thanks.

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Yep. I have to grap the reg to do velocity adjustments. I haven't had any problems with the valve shooting out the back. It would have to come unscrewed which i don't think it can do while it's under pressure. Plus it has that oring in there. When's the last time your tank came unscrewed durring play? The pin is still there. I think i can just grab it with pliars and pull it out but i haven't tried yet. I'm trying to remember if it goes all the way through the reg body first... I don't think it does.

Anyways i don't use forgrips so i figured why cary the extra weight around? So off it came. I'm going to send the whole thing out for a nice powdercoat later.

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I was thinking about puting a window through the middle next. lol

WickeDKlowN
05-14-2003, 02:46 PM
I just cut the back off mine, and it looks similar to that, but with it missing the front, it just looks plain funky! ;)

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
The regs on tanks dont come unscrewed during play because they are normally lock-tited. They also have extra long thread necks(2-3 inches) in the event they start to. And the thread pitch is VERY high(32-40, maybe higher). On the reg of a mag, the thread pitch isnt high, and its maybe a 3/8" inch thread neck.

Actually i was talking about where the tank screws into the asa. If for some reason i did start having problems with it i could use blue locktite.

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by WickeDKlowN
I just cut the back off mine, and it looks similar to that, but with it missing the front, it just looks plain funky! ;)

Did you pull the pin out of the back of yours?

BajaBoy
05-14-2003, 03:25 PM
guys u NEED the xlock. in a day of play your reg Will unscrew and blow off. i did this to my rail and withing 500shots my reg turned half way down.

i did locktit the threads tho (with a drop of blue) and it worked great

nuclear zombie
05-14-2003, 03:26 PM
I have a shortened rail on my mag , without the z-lock the AIR valve regulator has a tendency to unscrew while shooting . Of course my slug body with matching rail will be back from the shop next week ,so I won't play with it until then . just be careful and check the reg every once and a while when playing just so you don't end up like him :

Nope...sorry not allowing that one - cphilip

enjoy !

slushee
05-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nuclear zombie
I have a shortened rail on my mag , without the z-lock the AIR valve regulator has a tendency to unscrew while shooting . Of course my slug body with matching rail will be back from the shop next week ,so I won't play with it until then . just be careful and check the reg every once and a while when playing just so you don't end up like him :

Gaaaa! No way! cphilip

enjoy !

WoW! .. that's just brutal..
I'd hate to think of what you must dream about guy ...

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
I can't belive you posted that...

Happily Ever After
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
RogueFactor: where did you get those frame rails? Are they commercial or custom?

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 03:39 PM
Those are ules aren't they? I can do that to mine too. ;)

Tunaman
05-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Now your marker has become VERY unsafe. You need that z lock pin to be in there. Period.

nuclear zombie
05-14-2003, 04:44 PM
yeah losing 2oz of weight ,isn't worth the possible risk .

Hoplon
05-14-2003, 04:45 PM
If i removed the reg from the back of the gun, capped the hole, and ran the tank through a sidewinder reg would it work basically the same?

iownamag
05-14-2003, 06:48 PM
at the very least, I would say it is quite interesting, if it works then getting rid of excess metal is always good.

Ityl
05-14-2003, 10:54 PM
my brother's emag didn't have the z lock and it never had any problems. better to be safe than sorry though.

Miscue
05-14-2003, 11:46 PM
See ya on the Darwin Awards...

joeyjoe367
05-15-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
Happily Ever After......I do those rails. A few AO'ers have had me mill them out for them.

Do you like?

They're sweet. I had rogue do one for me, I thin kit's the RT one in the 2nd pic.

Happily Ever After
05-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Yes, RogueFactor - they are very nice - you do great work - is it expensive?

fanera17
05-23-2003, 09:58 PM
what if later you wanna add a fore grip???

tony3
05-24-2003, 12:20 AM
whats a z-lock? you should try to cap the back reg and run it to a sidewiner, jsut make sure u used SS not aluminum

iownamag
05-24-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm stupid so i can't figure out how to put a quote in (other than just copying and pasting it), but I agree with fanera, isn't it strange to not have a foregrip?