PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Threads, this is making my head hurt!

trutle
05-14-2003, 09:45 PM
Okay, I am looking for barrels for my recently aquired mini mag, and I am getting so confusing signals. At the smart parts website they referred to the all american threads as "Automag RT" threads, but then at paintballgear, where i buy all my paintball stuff, they just say "Automag Threads" so basically my question is, What kinda barrel threads will a left powerfeed minimag accept? I mean, when buying barrels for my mag does which side the gun feeds from really matter? Or can I just buy any barrel for it, I KNOW IT MATTERS FOR CENTER FEED, I am asking for LEFT POWER FEED MINIMAG.

Russ
05-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Just to make your head spin a bit more...'Mag barrels aren't threaded at all, they use the twist-lock format. No threads.

The AGD Lightweight aluminum ULE mainbodies, and X-Mags use autococker threaded-barrels.

trutle
05-14-2003, 09:56 PM
THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED, I KNOW THEY ARE TWIST LOCK YOU RAZZER FRAZZER SAZZER BAZZER RAMAMA DING DONG *** CLOWN! NOW READ MY DAMN POST BEFORE YOU GO SHOOTING YOUR MOUTH AND TRY AND MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!

"HOT! HOT! HOT! Finally here, the ALL Aluminum Colored Bodies! All the features you want including :

1. Screw in feed tube with Angel threads"

THE ULES ARE ANGEL THREADED!

/Rant off

Russ
05-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Whoa there, buck-o!

What's flown up your backside! And as far as "trying to make you look like an idiot" , I think you just took care of that yourself!

NOW READ MY DAMN POST BEFORE YOU GO SHOOTING YOUR MOUTH AND TRY AND MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT!

...and ULE mainbodies use 'cocker barrel threads, and ANGEL threaded feed necks.

Now GO LAY DOWN!

trutle
05-14-2003, 10:04 PM
Maybe you could have answered my question, instead of your sarcastic little "automags barrels arn't thread they are blah blah". Don't respond unless you know! I didn't ask about the ULEs I didnt ask what there threads were.

J Murder
05-14-2003, 10:11 PM
yeah, sometimes you gotta put up with a$$holes like that on these forms, but to actually answer your question, I'm 99% sure that they are the exact same barrel and that they just decided to word it differently (probably to look cool):p

P.S. I thought I was the only one to use the phrase "a$$ clown". Darn:mad:

Deliberate avoidance of the filter will get you banned just as quickly as cursing. DO NOT do it again - cphilip

trutle
05-14-2003, 10:12 PM
What's flown up your backside!

a badger.

trutle
05-14-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by J Murder
yeah, sometimes you gotta put up with a$$holes like that on these forms, but to actually answer your question, I'm 99% sure that they are the exact same barrel and that they just decided to word it differently (probably to look cool):p

P.S. I thought I was the only one to use the phrase "a$$ clown". Darn:mad:

I now they arnt exactly the same because you need a certain barrel for center feed.

1old68classic
05-14-2003, 10:17 PM
stop your *****in and get a dye they have slots for center feed and standard/power feed is that good enough

Stop the curse filter triggering or you will be banned - cphilip

Russ
05-14-2003, 10:28 PM
There's a lot of anger in the AO young'uns tonight...is it a full moon?

@ trutle,

I was trying to answer your question...and there was no sarcasm in my post, just trying to clarify the difference between mag barrels & threaded barrels. You added the drama :eek:

deathstalker
05-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Russ
There's a lot of anger in the AO young'uns tonight...is it a full moon?
Almost - it's tomorrow. Wait 'til tomorrow night when there's a lunar eclipse, too; something's bound to hit a fan...

trutle, call or visit a store and tell them you need a barrel for a powerfeed/hopper left 'Mag. Then please stop posting until you take your medication.

personman
05-15-2003, 01:47 PM
All the mag barrels are the same. Same threads, same detent, same everything, unless your mag/minimag/rt/rtpro/emag is centerfeed. Then, you find a barrel with centerfeed threads. 90% of the time, centerfeed barrels can also double as HL/HR barrels.

Frank (the spank)
05-15-2003, 07:04 PM
hahaha... what the hell is wrong with you? Russ was only trying to help, like he helps everyone else out and has helped me out a lot of times. How many packets of kool aid did you eat?!

rdb123
05-15-2003, 07:10 PM
@1old68classic, trutle, and JMurder: Russ was just trying to help; I don't see any sarcasm in his post. All three of you really should review the forum rules...cursing get's you banned here.

cphilip
05-15-2003, 08:19 PM
trutle, you must be new. I am cphilip and I am your worst nightmare if you continue to act like this here. Warned... We do not conduct ourselves like that here on AO. You can agree or you can get outa here. Those are your choices....

J Murder
05-15-2003, 09:36 PM
you are rediculous with the censorship on this website. These are words that everyone has heard and can even be said on PUBLIC TV. Do you know what is on the internet? I don't think anyone is going to have a heart attack if they see such a word. You need to chill out

J Murder
05-15-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Russ
Just to make your head spin a bit more...'Mag barrels aren't threaded at all, they use the twist-lock format. No threads.

The AGD Lightweight aluminum ULE mainbodies, and X-Mags use autococker threaded-barrels.

Russ was only trying to help

How is making somebody's head spin helping them. His post is irrelevant to the question.

Blennidae
05-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Whats the phrase, "in before the ban". :D :rolleyes:

rdb123
05-15-2003, 09:47 PM

How is making somebody's head spin helping them. His post is irrelevant to the question.

Do you notice that Russ was just jesting along with what trutle said in his first post? Russ just asserted some extra information for trutle to ponder--no harm in that.

His response wasn't really irrelevant either. He was just trying to clear up some misconception that trutle might have had; heck, he might have been confused the whole time because of the word "threading" when he thought that mags didn't have threading, which they don't.

J Murder
05-15-2003, 09:48 PM
oh, is this the kind of website that bans everyone with a different point of view? (If so, then moderators probably have too much power, because that's rediculous). Whatever though, ban me if you please

J Murder
05-15-2003, 09:50 PM
"arguing on the internet is like the special olymipcs, even if someone wins, they're all retarded"

Im out

rdb123
05-15-2003, 09:50 PM
oh, is this the kind of website that bans everyone with a different point of view? (If so, then moderators probably have too much power, because that's rediculous). Whatever though, ban me if you please

Who ever said anything about conflicting viewpoints???

This forum is owned by Airgun Designs, they made the rules; mods like cphillip, Load SM5, etc. just enforce them.

Timmee
05-15-2003, 10:03 PM

No, this is the kind of website that has rules, and the kind of website where the Mods enforce those rules. You broke the rules, therefore the Mods had to act. To help you avoid the same mistakes as before here they are:

We want you to enjoy our community and interact with our moderators and members with our online forum. However, there are some rules as we strive to keep the forum "family" orientated, and maintain a "PG-13" level of discussion. There are also some rules that are just general "netiquette".

• No cussing
• No racial, religious, or sexually inflammatory language
• Avoid topics containing religious, racial, or political discussion (they are the top three flame starting toipcs)
• No "hitting" on other members of the channel - they are here for paintball, not for a date
• Do not type in all caps - it means you are shouting
• Do not use excessive colors, bold letters, or ASCII characters
• Do not try to circumvent the cuss filters by using spaces or other characters
• Do not spam or flood the channel with repeated statements or questions
• Do not ask to be a moderator
• Do not exhibit disruptive behavior
• Post topics under their respective forum. For example, a tech question goes in the Tech Forum
• Do not post the same topic in multiple forms
• Off topic posts are allowed, but they must be reasonable and civil
• Do not threaten or "flame" members of the board

Generally we will give you a warning - maybe two. After that you will be banned.

These rules may change at any point and changes will be posted on the forum.

The one in bold is the one you broke.

Now, onto Trutle's question that was originally asked. As long as your Minimag isn't centerfeed, any barrel marketed for hopper left will also fit hopper right, and vis versa. If it is centerfeed, barrels will be tougher to find, but hopper left/right barrels can possibly be modded to work for centerfeed.

Russ
05-15-2003, 10:11 PM
@ J Murder,

just what 'n the heck are you all cranked up about?

your seeing things that no one else sees...

rdb123
05-15-2003, 10:11 PM
...Im out

Have fun at PBReview! WE'll miss you here.

cphilip
05-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Oh yea... thats the first time I ever heard someone claim censorship and over moderation and power abuse when some little punk doesn't get to tirade and curse and go on and on about how superior he is over every one else. And of course we are so stupid and he is so freakin smart he as to tell us that...:rolleyes:

Your pathetic. Someday you need to reflect on what realy is important and when to pick your battles kid. This one you gonna lose....

Your outa here. Banned indefinately. He can appologize and maybe I let him back but until then he is gone....

Halliday
05-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by personman
All the mag barrels are the same. Same threads, same detent, same everything, unless your mag/minimag/rt/rtpro/emag is centerfeed. Then, you find a barrel with centerfeed threads. 90% of the time, centerfeed barrels can also double as HL/HR barrels.

You SHOULD mention that there are a few Mag barrels that are 1-side feed only (right or left only, not both). I've seen and used one so I know they exist.

cphilip
05-15-2003, 10:37 PM
Yes that is true I have seen a few with only one slot on them. Do not recall exactly what makes were like that but they only went one way so to speak.

I do know the little barrels used on the Sydarms were only one slot for that unit. No need to slot them any other way. Sort of a center feed only slot. I think all the center feeds were that way too.

Load SM5
05-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Wow..do I miss some interesting things when I go to sleep early.:rolleyes:

cphilip
05-16-2003, 08:34 AM
You snooze....you lose... :D

slushee
05-16-2003, 11:14 PM
ok .. this is getting rediculous

:rolleyes:

you post a question, someone tried to HELP ..and you flame ...

if they didn't provide you the info you required, ask again, or mention that that wasn't what you wanted ... I mean, we try to help you all .. and then get yelled at for it???

I think my sig. say's it all.......