PDA

View Full Version : Yet another ebay scam?

WARPED1
05-14-2003, 10:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607784207&category=16048
AGI? Typo or scammer?

maglover52
05-14-2003, 10:26 PM
typo look at the title Extreme Xmag Air Gun Designs Paintball

deathstalker
05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
It's a typo. Geez, the guy has perfect feedback.:rolleyes: Also, be sure to READ the auction listing. He does not have the markers in hand.

WARPED1
05-14-2003, 10:33 PM
No, he says he'll have it in Oct/Nov if you bid now and win. Multiple times he calls it AGI. Feedback is easy to scam, just have friends bid on false auctions you create, then leave awesome feedback. You don't think ebay checks on these things do ya?
"I am selling the basic x-mag for 900 off of ebay."

maglover52
05-14-2003, 10:36 PM
ok so he made typos. he could have ordered the xmag a while ago also.

WARPED1
05-14-2003, 10:38 PM
READ IT! He says you're bidding on it, then he orders it from AGD(well,I to him.:p )

deathstalker
05-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Feedback is easy to scam, just have friends bid on false auctions you create, then leave awesome feedback.
On the Book of Mormon?:rolleyes:

I'll bet a paycheck the auction's legit. Although a healthy dose of caution is always a good thing, it's a shame that so many people here think that eBay is nothing but scam artists.

askman
05-14-2003, 11:21 PM
One thing though. I believe ebay regulation does not allow selling of things not in possession. I know for a fact that by postal regulation, you have to have things delivered within 30days of payment. I guess this could be considered back ordered with permission, but they are not allowed to be paid until shipping. also, I have problem with basically not having any protection at all, in case of fraud due to its 6month time frame. I would not bid just because of that. Beyond that, he his previous auctions are not really paintball stuff. I mean if he was one of the established dealers one bay that deals primarily with new paintball goods (there are some there), I would be more inclined to risk it, but not this guy...

WARPED1
05-14-2003, 11:31 PM
It just seemed suspicious. For $900? I've been taught "if it sounds too goo to be true, it most likely is."
Who knows, he could be perfectly legit, just wanted anyone looking to buy an Xmag now, just to be careful.

Splathappy
05-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Sounds like a scam to me, I mean what kind of person would actuly auction anything they dont have yet.. and the price of 900 looks a little low to me .

~WarpedRT#2~
05-15-2003, 08:45 AM
I'm with WARPED1. I dont think it's legit. Why would he skrew himself out of money? No one is going to pay him more than what Airgun charges. Why pay more for the same thing, and why risk it? At least when you buy direct from Airgun you get a guarantee that you WILL get it.

This is a SCAM. He takes half of your money now, then around October when you go looking for him to get your X-Mag, he suddenly isnt there anymore. Come on, use your head, dont get sucked into this. I know alot of people who buy stuff from people who have the best feedback in the world, and they get taken. And it isnt hard to fake feedback. They simply apply for many email accounts, then apply for many ebay accounts, and give THEMSELVES feeback. Alot of people do this to make their bids go higher too. At the last minute, they get on under another name, and race your for the bid. When they see it gets high enough, they let you take it. Think a little people.

And I wouldnt use ebay simply because they are heavily dependant on Paypal.