PDA

View Full Version : War Machine? (Video)

Frank (the spank)
05-15-2003, 03:57 AM
Checking out this new marker, War Machine...

Video of it here: http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/sammy.mpg

(low speed) http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/sammy%20small.mpg

Anyone know anything about it? Ever use it? Funky design. I know it has been shown here before, first time I saw the video.

They also arm midgets... http://www.tshirtgun.com/images/bleacherreacherpro.jpg

hehehe, ok.. so they make "T-shirt guns"... I never thought there was such a demand..

ShowTime
05-15-2003, 04:46 AM
OMG its UGLYYY, and not to mention look at that gun kick when hes firing it, that barrel is jump like crazy, looks like it kicks worse then a bushmaster, i havent seen 1 person use that gun, i guess that tells u something right there...

p.s. why do u have a picture of a midget with a bazzooka when that pic has nothing to do with the vid just wondering

Frank (the spank)
05-15-2003, 06:25 AM
lol

Cause the company that makes the "War Machine" also makes the T-Shirt Gun that the midget is holding.

Yeah.. the gun is ugly.. something weird about the kick.. look at the barrel.. it looks like it is really loose since it moves seprate from the body of the gun..

Yeah, it has a kick.. and the sound.. sounds like a mag thats low on air and about 10 times louder.

Goldie D Pimp
05-15-2003, 08:08 AM
I thought those had the rotating breech? So you could put the warp on WITHOUT the elbow?

Jack & Coke
05-15-2003, 08:59 AM
The Bleacher-Reacher Pro©
Our most powerful and longest shooting hand-held launcher. Shoots to the top deck of most arenas. Built-in regulator, electronic trigger, and comes with a 20" barrel.
Variable range = 10 - 300 ft.
MSRP $ 3499

wow! Quite expensive...

Paintchucker
05-15-2003, 10:01 AM
http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/images/assault1.jpg

Is this what became of the NOVA ????

Assault w/recoilless
breech, supercharger,
tournament cap, and solenoid guard
(barrel not included) AS80F $799

Jack & Coke
05-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Remember this thread...?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55395

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 10:37 AM
I don't understand why manufacturers offer full auto/burst. 99% of fields don't, or can't, allowe these modes! So why put it on your release model? Leave those modes on test models and such.

shartley
05-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Think that is tourney legal? I watched his finger and it looks like he is just pulling once and letting the marker do the shooting. It is either on full auto, or it has RT set to “sweet spot”.

Not a bad looking marker the way they have it set up, but still reminds me of a grease gun. ;)

But hey, as long as it gets folks on the field…. But I say that about BE markers too. :D I still like my RT Pro. ;)

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 10:49 AM
I like it, but lets see a with a warp and HALO B!:D

Frank (the spank)
05-15-2003, 10:51 AM
It's expensive and ugly.. and that video did not impress me, anyone else notice the barrel moves up and down seprate from the body of the gun?

Anyone actually shoot one? If so.. how was it? What did ya think?

Why the hell did they put an electro trigger on a single shot T-Shirt cannon? For rate of fire?!? Accuracy?! lol

Evil Bob
05-15-2003, 11:47 AM
The t-shirt launcher has got to be putting out some serious air volume to fire a t-shirt 300 feet, wonder how many long range shots they get off of the tank pictured...

-Evil Bob

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 12:16 PM
"YOU'RE OUT! And dressed in a nice tshirt as well!"

Skoad
05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
i beleive its called the Assault - 80, not the war machine.

And, i don't believe the comment about 99% of the fields not allowing modes such as burst/full auto.

I find that many don't care as long as you buy their paint. Mostly its little kids with E-spyders.

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
i beleive its called the Assault - 80, not the war machine. War Machine is the company, the Assault-80 is the markers name. I been folowing this marker sorta for awhile.

cheetah256
05-15-2003, 02:00 PM
kinda makes me miss my old supernova : )

you'd be surprised how many weird looks you get when people notice your barrel moving back and forth...

JT2002
05-15-2003, 02:18 PM
just so u guys know, that bazooka, the reason why it costs 3500 is cuz its made for places like hockey and basketball arenas to buy, so inbetween periods when they are cleaning the ice, the (NY Islanders) "Ice Girls" hop up on the zambonie (sp?) and shoot free t shirts to the crowd.

and whats with that barrel?

rikkter
05-15-2003, 03:00 PM
my teammate actually has this gun(plus many others, ir3, xmag, evo cocker, eblade cocker. etc etc) and when it first came out, the barrel actually didn't come apart. it literally moved in and out of the gun. but the video shows a more up to date version of it. my teammate sent his in for the upgrades. and i guess thats what it will be like
i'm sure the barrel is not going to be lose when they release the final version.

anyways. the gun was actually quite nice. it didn't have much kick to it at all. its accuracy was surprisingly awesome. the electronic button velocity was a neat feature of it. it actually works pretty good and is consistent.

Shartly, about the RTness in it, there wasn't any. but in my teammate's, it didn' thave any type of modes i believe. one pull, one shot. but since thats a updated version, who knows. but there is no rt in it. nothing forces the trigger back into its position. but then again. the video is a updated version so.

Frank (the spank)
05-15-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
my teammate actually has this gun(plus many others, ir3, xmag, evo cocker, eblade cocker. etc etc)

I hate your teammate..... :mad:

rikkter
05-15-2003, 03:49 PM
hes a lawyer. go figure lol. he just said to me the other night
'i want one of every gun'

and the scary thing is. he was being dead serious

56kSomeGuy
05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
Read what it says:

http://www.paintballinc.com/app/site/site.nl/site.ACCT121803/mode.items/sc.2/category.3/it.A/id.3725/.f

"With an available Overdrive chip the Assault 80 has achieved a world record 23 balls per second firing rate."

I thought the rt can reach 30bps:rolleyes:

rikkter
05-15-2003, 04:24 PM
it can. but then again its only CPS. (cycles)
but that was when Butter ran it off a scuba tank

Jack & Coke
05-15-2003, 04:41 PM
LOL!!!

What a joke!

...The new War Machine Assault 80 has the lowest operating pressure of any marker to date. Operating at an unbelievable 80 psi the Assault 80 runs at half the pressure of it closest competitor and still maintains the shot efficiencies of markers that operate at 4 times that amount of pressure. Not only is it the lowest pressure and most efficient marker made, it is also the fastest. With an available Overdrive chip the Assault 80 has achieved a world record 23 balls per second firing rate. This is the marker that everyone will be playing with next year. You can get yours now. Dual Regulators, articulating barrel, electronic velocity adjuster, and adjustable rate of fire come standard...

:rolleyes:

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Why do you all get mad when some other company, other than AGD comes out with a gun that might outshoot an RT?
It happens ya know............

shartley
05-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Why do you all get mad when some other company, other than AGD comes out with a gun that might outshoot an RT?
I must have missed something... who exactly is mad? ;)

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Well, not mad, but they instantly jump on the claim and say "no way."

56kSomeGuy
05-15-2003, 05:22 PM

We are AGD's messangers and must defend the Greatness Of The MAG! Well it's kinda funny that they are claiming it is a world record of 23bps. I can think of a few other guns capable of that other than the rt/e-mag....

rikkter
05-15-2003, 05:32 PM
i dont see them saying its a world record?

also. if it runs on 80psi, why does the manual say 250-280 or something around there

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Input at 250, 80psi to cycle the bolt most likely.

Frank (the spank)
05-15-2003, 06:13 PM
Can't the RT shoot 26 BALLS per sec?

I hate their ad's... sounds like a little rihc kid.

"Lower pressure than your gun"
"Fater than your gun"

How about..

"Uglier than your gun"

God.. this thing is one big clown shoe. Ok performance over everything else.. but from what I hear... not all that great.

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 06:22 PM
I believe that was a paintless 26 CYCLES per second, versus the assaults 23 with paint. I think.

Butterfingers
05-15-2003, 06:24 PM
E-mail them

they are lying...

http://paintball.butters.org

25 BPS with paint off a 1997 Raptor 3000 psi system.

shartley
05-15-2003, 06:25 PM
I believe that was a paintless 26 CYCLES per second, versus the assaults 23 with paint. I think.
Actually..... that is 26 BPS without shootdown. It is not cycles..... RTs can CYCLE far faster than 26 cps.

Please folks, all this is on AGD's Main site and online store.

WARPED1
05-15-2003, 06:35 PM
Why I said "I think", I didn't have my facts in front of me!:p

shartley
05-15-2003, 06:39 PM
;) It's all good.

Paintchucker
05-15-2003, 08:05 PM
Halo Action Videos (http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halovideos.html)

Listen to the WarMachine, and then listen to the one halo video that compares the Emag @ 20bps and the Angel @ 13bps, and draw your own conclusions...

In the WarMachine video, he only fires short bursts vs. the empty the hopper shooting on the Halo videos. Since one is realplayer and the other is the windows viewer, you can run them at the same time.

He only has a revy on the back, which means overall he can't sustain a rate of more than 12-14 (even though he has the warp to push them through faster), but it doesn't sound like he is going much faster anyway...

Hellbore
05-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey, I'm just a lurker but I wanted to add my opinion... This marker is ugly and dumb :D

barberjohn
05-23-2003, 05:44 PM
hey, im here to shed a little light on this situation. i just happen to live a city over from where they make those, and i have been to thier field before. the barrel in that pic is just loose, the new assault 80s have an adapter that lets you use regular barrels, and the dont recipricate. it doesnt actually RUN on 80 psi, that is only the lpr, which is wrong because i think an impulse runs lower on the lpr than that. they actually are really fast guns, the trigger is very ripable. oh yea, and the part about the "world record of 23 bps" is what they think. i know the part owner of Badlands paintball, and he believes that all the companies boasting 30 bps and the lcd readout on ur gun is lying to you. supposively you are shooting like 8 bps when you think you are shooting 14, which he has supposively "proven" on a chrono of his. i think this is totally wrong, and he said that my angel was lying to me:( , which i disagreed. the overall gun is pretty nice, it is not worth what you pay, but that is typical of a company just starting out. i have shot one before, and i have to say that it is fast, and it does have a little kick to it, and it does have the rotating breech, since one of the guys there was running a warp. and last, it is not that ugly when you see it up close, some of the people on their factory team has thiers custom anoded, with nicknames and stuff in the anodizing, which i thought was pretty neet. oh well, thats my two cents, but everybody has their own oppinions.

barberjohn
05-23-2003, 05:46 PM
oh yea, and to just go with the trend, i think that the rt or any kind of retro mag can shoot so much faster.:D

personman
05-23-2003, 07:58 PM
LOL DOUBLE TRIGGER TSHIRT LAUNCHER!! THERE ELECTRIC TOO!! HAAH you can fire 13 tshirts in 1 second, except you only have one loaded in the barrel at once!! hahaa
http://www.tshirtgun.com/images/SMALLcompact.jpg

I bet a potato launcher could shoot a tshirt just as far as that stupid thing and also costs atleast 2570 less than those stupid things.. why would you pay for that??!?! :p

Catch22
05-23-2003, 11:15 PM
It is a REALLY BAD IDEA to put such a sensitive trigger on that huge a$$ cannon that's gonna be pointing at the faces in the audience while pretty girls jump up and down trying to get the crowd pumped.

T-shirt girls: "HEY everybody!! Who wants to be pummeled by a T-shirt on accident!!!"

aaron_mag
05-24-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by rikkter
hes a lawyer. go figure lol. he just said to me the other night
'i want one of every gun'

and the scary thing is. he was being dead serious

He must be one of three things. An extremely succssful lawyer, unmarried, or both!:D

Good teammate to have, however. Just let him pick the gun he is going to use then casually ask if you can use one of his other ones....

Gotenks
08-19-2003, 11:51 AM
It's a lie.

Ever since Airstar, and nova like marker has been a scandal.

I ran the Nova Owners Group for a while, so I got to talk to people that worked at Airstar.

Mike Woods is a BAD person. Theres a reason Airstar, Section-8, went down while Mike Wood was still making good money. Warmachine wont last long at all.

Xyxyll
08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
okay... thread was too long to read. Just to set something straight. The barrel looks like it is goin crazy because it's moving. The Assault 80 has one moving part... the barrel.

ASDadam
08-19-2003, 10:57 PM
WOW, its an Nova which became the Mayhem which has now become the Assault 80.....hmmmm weird that the Mayhem runs on "100" psi and the Assault 80 runs on 80...Just tinker here, add something there and a Mayhem/nova becomes an Assault 80...Friend of mine just got a brand new Mayhem, and guess who its made by? The same people who make the T-shirt launchers...PGI.

Spartan X
08-19-2003, 10:59 PM
These guns can work very well actually. But if they are not working and are messed up, you might as well toss them...they do not gave very good customer servise.

Fuji
08-20-2003, 12:00 AM
Hey Warped1! How's the shocker treating you? Anywho, to get to your full auto question. It's not for field use. Well, I have never needed it for play. But, it does make a nice way to tune the marker in. Say you're setting your bolt, dwell, ROF, whatever. It's a quick and easy way to see if the marker is even cycling correctly. I just used it as a tuning tool.

FalconGuy016
08-20-2003, 12:31 AM
Everything I have heard about this gun in actual performance has been good, since the first unveiling a few monthes ago.

dinger
08-20-2003, 04:54 PM
i dont give 2 hoots about these cheesy-mcGreezy paintball guns.

all i want is a t-shirt launcher!!!! :D :D