PDA

View Full Version : Paintball sponsors...

Ljinks
05-15-2003, 02:54 PM
besides PJ are there any other companies that offer a "buy-In" type sponsorship program?

graycie
05-15-2003, 03:23 PM
there are different levels of sponsorship for each company, discount levels vary at each level. sometimes it could just be a real discount sponsorship or a one time "buy" deal for the team. best way to find out is contact the companies you are interested in to see if they are offering any sponsorships at this time.

tony3
05-15-2003, 04:35 PM
you pay them 125 bucks, they give you a jersey, pants, harness, head gear, and some other little things

-=Squid=-
05-15-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by tony3
you pay them 125 bucks, they give you a jersey, pants, harness, head gear, and some other little things

That doesnt sound like a very good sponsorship deal to me...

Grasshopper
05-15-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by beefstew
what is the deal with the PBJ sponsorship anyways? i guess im lost. If anyone that has one could explain it to me that would be great.
http://www.paintballjunkies.com/sppr.html

Hmm, I don't really understand it all that much. Doesn't seem to much like a "sponsorship" to me. :confused:

eg0_Slayer
05-15-2003, 07:50 PM
think of it this way...you're covered head to toe in their gear...and they made 150 buxx off you...so its a good deal for them...lol:D

Kevmaster
05-15-2003, 08:14 PM
KAPP does a very similar thing...they offer a "team package" for like $300 and you get KAPP everything....

its hardly a real "sponsorship" but since most rookie teams want banners and want to be sponsored, it works well for these sponsors

Kevmaster
05-15-2003, 08:16 PM
the PBJ sponsorship also requires that you purchase their paint for practice

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-15-2003, 08:20 PM
No they don't.

While it isn't a true sponsership, it isn't a bad deal at all. Jerseys, antron pants, gloves, headbands, packs, barrel condoms, and stickers(go stickers) for 125. The antron pants alone are like 70.

paintball8869
05-15-2003, 08:34 PM
you also need to factor in that they'll sell you their paint for dirt cheap. Probably somewhere around dealer cost. That right there makes up the 125 in about what? 6 weeks? Depending on what you pay for paint now that is.

put it this way, if they give it to you for $35 and you're normally paying $50........$15 per case*2 cases per practice*6 weeks= $180 savings

yeahthatsme
05-15-2003, 09:00 PM
could somebody link me to the kapp sponsorship info pleeze? thanks

pito189
05-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Kapp1.com

There is there site enjoy.

Kevmaster
05-16-2003, 09:33 AM
sorry

it states in their program
"All practice paint must be purchased from Paintball Junkies"
they then say that "Practice paint" is defined as their Morpheous paint...which costs $40/case(retail) + $5-8 shipping per case.

nowhere does it mention getting a discount on it

lopxtc
05-16-2003, 10:16 AM
I have spent some time on the phone with PJ about their offer. Yes you are required to use their paint except in situations that are FPO. They are selling their paint at a price of $30-$35.00 depending on what brand you buy.

The savings isnt bad ... if you go with all high cost products, you save about $175.00 ... if you go all low cost you stil save about $125.00 ... so for teams starting out you can save some bucks.

Also there is no length of contract ... so if you dont like their paint, guess what stop using them. You dont need to give any gear back ...

So if you have a team starting out, and need to look the part cheap its not a bad way to go.

Aaron

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-16-2003, 10:45 AM
My team bought the 125 for just the apparel and we've never bought their paint. I remember something about them only being able to sell it to us a skid at a time. Our problem was that we had no place to hold the skid so we never could do it. I don't recall if this was the exact situation, but it was something like that. But anyways, we've never purchased their paint before. We probably should have.

Splathappy
05-16-2003, 11:23 AM
i dont know anytime a company asks you to pay them i cant possible think it could be considered a sponsership.. I mean if anything it's like some kind of discount club.. Look at it this way your paying them to advertise there goods.. Its a scam plain and simple if anything they are not sponsering you, you're sponsering them ..

lopxtc
05-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Again this isnt something for teams that are already kitted out ... if you have five guys with nothing but makers, then this makes it a great way to get gear to play in. Again there is no time limit to how long you need to buy their paint. No scam, just a decent way for new (really new) players to get a complete outfit. Yeah you are advertising their stuff, but hey when sears offers their cloths for %50 off you are advertising those brands also.

Aaron

Originally posted by Splathappy
Its a scam plain and simple if anything they are not sponsering you, you're sponsering them ..

pito189
05-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Splathappy
i dont know anytime a company asks you to pay them i cant possible think it could be considered a sponsership.. I mean if anything it's like some kind of discount club.. Look at it this way your paying them to advertise there goods.. Its a scam plain and simple if anything they are not sponsering you, you're sponsering them ..

It's not a scam. It makes good buisness sense to me. Get teams to buy your apparel, and then if the team stays together for more than a few months, actually attends tournaments, and get your name out their in a good way. Then you offer them more of a sponsorship. Makes sense to me.

EDIT: spelling is key

Splathappy
05-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Sure its a good deal price wise and sure it's good buisness sense, heck if i was starting up a team i would probly even consider it. But you still can't call it a sponsership because you are paying them not he other way around. PJ gets you at every corner 1. I am sure even at the good prices they are offering for the geat they some kind of profit. 2. You agree to use nothing but there paint for pratice even at the low price there is probly profit there and they have a captured market. 3. If your team does well they get the free Advertising. It's all up side for them. Thats why i consider it a scam. I mean if you want to charge a team reduced price for products call it somthing else not a sponsership.. Becaue it realy is not one.

PaInTbAlLeR476
05-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Kapp has a decent one. Send them 100$(so 20$ per teammate if its a 5-man team) and they give you 5 jerseys, 5 headbands, 10 stickers, and a team banner.

beefstew
05-16-2003, 07:31 PM
I have a team that most of the people on have much experiance, including myself, and before we even play our first tourny together (for most of us) They offered me the next level of sponsorship (more discounts, less total cost on clothes) Unfortunatly i am not allowed to devulge the discounts on apparel,paint or markers, but let me tell you, for every level of sponsorship its pretty good
BeefStew

tony3
05-16-2003, 07:43 PM
The kapp one is nothing special, the pbj one really isnt a sponsorship, you are advertising for them, but in return you are getting a full outfit of gear for really really cheap

beefstew
05-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Im not sure what you guys are talking about. paint at 27-35 (joker=my teams practice paint is at 32 for this buy-in deal) IS AN EXTREMELY GENEROUS PRICE FOR A 50 CASE! You DO NOT have to buy a skid at a time you can buy as little as one case.
Thanks
Phil
PBJ's Team Imagine

eg0_Slayer
05-18-2003, 08:59 PM
lol...i didnt even know PBJ made paint...i feel dumb

Kevmaster
05-18-2003, 09:04 PM
nowhere in that contract does PBJ mention they will give you ANY discount on their paint. $40 for rec ball paint isnt that good of a deal. my field sells that stuff (or its equivilent) for $50/case to ANYONE

besides, if you dont have to be talented, its not really a sponsorship