PDA

View Full Version : Mag and Shocker 03 more similar than just looks...

56kSomeGuy
05-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Im not sure if this is true or not but after reading some posts on Shocker owners group which talked about the shocker being a single tube open bolt blow forward design like a mag, so SP not only makes it look like a mag but also it preforms like a mag.... Has anyone else heard of this?

personman
05-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Most spyders are open bolt.. are they like mags? No.
Tippmanns are open bolt, are they like mags? No. :p

56kSomeGuy
05-15-2003, 05:10 PM
No they are single tube open blow forward bolt like a mag. spyders are stacked tube and Im not even sure what tippy's are....

Miscue
05-15-2003, 05:10 PM
They ought to just accept XValves... that way SP doesn't have to engineer new pneumatics. :)

56kSomeGuy
05-15-2003, 05:12 PM
+ this means SP lied about it being closed bolt....

NewMag
05-15-2003, 05:59 PM
you sure they weren't talking about the nerve?

-=Squid=-
05-15-2003, 06:00 PM
This is humorous because the shocker is closed bolt, as will be the new one. And by the way, the never is open bolt.

56kSomeGuy
05-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Read it yourself...

http://shockerowners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=193

Butterfingers
05-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Apparently it also has a "reverse polarity magnetic trigger"

Screw making it accept X-valves. They should just put thier name on an x-mag and call it a shocker.

Skoad
05-15-2003, 06:06 PM
whoa! Butters!

MaChu
05-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Butter has risen from the dead and responded!

Butterfingers
05-15-2003, 06:13 PM
YEAP FINALS ARE OVER!!!! School is over! Graduation is this Sunday.

I just dusted off my halo put it in a box and sent it out to Garland Texas for a firmware upgrade. Apparently they have come out with a new hopper and 2 software updates in my absence.

When I get it back Ill be back in the scene this summer.

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-15-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers
Apparently it also has a "reverse polarity magnetic trigger"

Screw making it accept X-valves. They should just put thier name on an x-mag and call it a shocker.

Well, emags don't have reverse polairty magnets, so they are different.;)

Jack & Coke
05-16-2003, 12:44 AM

http://www.hypersportworks.com/03blue.jpg

This is the latest word from Smart Parts

The new Shocker .03 MAY BE a Blow Forward Open Bolt: But SP claims it's still amazingly accurate! They are undecided as of today 5-12-03 as to the exact operation of the gun. We will be a little disapointed if they do make it an open bolt gun.

Release date has been moved back AGAIN to late June, early July. They are trying to make it all that and a bag of chips, and that can take a while.

MSRP of $750.00 for a black Shocker with the NEW (tiny) Vert Max Flo and an AA Barrel

Add $175 (MSRP) for a vision eye.

4 Moving Internal Parts: Simplicity!

BPS should be around 16 or more.

Unbelievably Light.

More details as they come to us.

All this ignorance over closed bolt vs open bolt just boggles the mind...

:rolleyes:

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
05-16-2003, 01:56 AM
All I know is that Smart Parts website still says that it is a closed bolt marker. If it isn't, then what sets it apart?

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Doesn't any mag have 3 moving parts(sear, on/off pin, bolt)? Big deal. I guess i'm missing something here.

ShinyGuy
05-16-2003, 02:57 AM
The patent for the new shocker shows it as closed bolt but the rumer is they can't make it work the way it was designed to.

As for claims nothing I've seen claims closed bolt, it claims "closed bolt accuracy". Since plenty of open bolt guns are every bit as accurate as the old shocker that isn't likely a lie, just a misleading statement.

eg0_Slayer
05-16-2003, 07:50 AM
HOLY JEEZ! the fades on hypersportsworks.com are all kinda of ugly!

xen_100
05-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
Doesn't any mag have 3 moving parts(sear, on/off pin, bolt)? Big deal. I guess i'm missing something here.

dont forget the cup seal and reg piston. they move as well.

cphilip
05-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by xen_100

Cup Seal? Huh?

TheBigRaguPB4L
05-16-2003, 10:47 AM

Cup seal wouldn't really be considered a moving part, but ok. The Reg piston only moves when you adjust the velocity. The valve pin, however would probably be a moving part everytime you fire so that's 4.

xen_100
05-16-2003, 11:09 AM
sorry.......valve pin, it looks just like a cupseal for spyders. (except it is all metal)

what do you think moves the valve pin???? everytime you fire the gun the reg piston moves forward(under spring pressure) which pushes on the valve pin letting in more air. as the air charges the gun, the air pushes the regpiston back it reseals the pin. so it is still 5.

that is why your velocity adjuster works. the more you screw it in the more spring pressure you create, so it takes more air pressure to push it back. (IE: higher pressure)

sniper1rfa
05-16-2003, 11:16 AM
read from here on in the PBNation forum.

the open bolt thing is a rumor. everything that i state as fact comes directly from the patent.

the patent shows a closed bolt operating system, though it could be made open bolt with relative ease. currently the rumor is that SP is having TONS of problems with the design.

It is a spool gun, meaning nothing is done with brute force. All routing of air is done with a pneumatic pilot. there is no valve pin.

*EDIT*

forgot link...

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126958&perpage=30&pagenumber=13

hitech
05-16-2003, 11:30 AM
What do you think moves the valve pin???? Every time you fire the gun the reg piston moves forward(under spring pressure) which pushes on the valve pin letting in more air. As the air charges the gun, the air pushes the reg. piston back it reseals the pin. So it is still 5.

That is true. However, if we are comparing the 'mag to this new marker, we can't include the reg. I doubt they including any regs. in the moving part count.

WARPED1
05-16-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by personman
Most spyders are open bolt.. are they like mags? No.
Tippmanns are open bolt, are they like mags? No. :p Spyders are also blow BACK semi auto guns, mags are blow FORWARD.

Quickling
05-16-2003, 02:29 PM
I am really waiting to see these on the field, though I hope if they make it open bolt that AGD sues the hell outta them. As much as I like the looks of them I think they are a little too close to the mag in terms of looks.

And if SP is having this many problems with these guns this close to the release, I dont know why people would even buy the guys... cause you know all new markers have some bugs, but ones that dont work up to the release date are gonna have LOTS of bugs

xen_100
05-16-2003, 02:43 PM
since when has releasing a buggy product that doesn't work right ever stopped smartparts???

how long has the imp been out now? it still has problems that they wont try to fix.

logamus
05-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Quickling
And if SP is having this many problems with these guns this close to the release, I dont know why people would even buy the guys... cause you know all new markers have some bugs, but ones that dont work up to the release date are gonna have LOTS of bugs

this is exactly what i was thinking. i think this goes back to Tom's 3 business points with quality, price, and delivery and SP trying to do all 3 and failing.

cledford
05-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Cup Seal? Huh?

Phil,

Wink, wink - guess they're learning huh?

Anyone else thsink it's sad that a marker that is susposed to be out already still hasn't had it final means of operation determined? Classic SP BS. I wonder how good the first 5 gens of these guys will be...

-Calvin

personman
05-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Spyders are also blow BACK semi auto guns, mags are blow FORWARD.
I never said that they werent.
When he made the post, he said absolutely NOTHING about the possiblility of it being blow forward. All he stated was that it might be open bolt, and that would mean it would be just like a mag. Then after he saw my post he edited it, thus making me look like an idiot. :rolleyes:

56kSomeGuy
05-16-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by personman

All he stated was that it might be open bolt, and that would mean it would be just like a mag. Then after he saw my post he edited it, thus making me look like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you look like an idiot..your post made me notice that what i was saying was not specific enough.

personman
05-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Its ok, I'm used to looking like an idiot.. it happens often ;)
Or maybe I'm just really an idiot?!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: