PDA

View Full Version : Regulator or No Regulator

rmhawk
05-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Ok this is driving me nuts. It is my understanding that the A.I.R. (advanced integrated REGULATOR) Valve is just that, a regulator. Is it or is it not a regulator? If so, why are people putting rugulators on their automags if it already has one? It's just like having two regulators on a gun! I realize the aftermarket regulators can be adjusted, but what is the point. Is it better to have the second regulator?

i_baked_cookies
05-16-2003, 03:04 PM
some people like to have more than one reg because it keeps their gun more consisitant. so you can have a tripple reg gun (one in the mag, on on a vertical adapter, and the one on the tank). i say just get a gas thru instead of a vertical reg because all veritcal regs do is cause problems with rechanging of the gun

JAM
05-16-2003, 05:00 PM
well, you can add regs, but it's really overkill and might hurt performance.

If you're using N2, the tank has a reg and the A.I.R. is a reg, so that's double regulation- plenty.

rmhawk
05-16-2003, 05:09 PM
good call! i never even thought about the N2 regulator. I didn't plan on buying a third regulator, i just didn't understand why people are putting a third regulator on the gun. waste of money