PDA

View Full Version : How do I correct this so the nipple isn't right under the drop forward ?

CFD323
05-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Here's a stupid question, how do I fix this ? My fill nipple ends up right smack underneath my drop. I can't rotate the drop and the cradle is dovetailed so I can't spin that either. I'm sure I'm just brainfarting but if anyone's got any suggestions, let me hear 'em. I thought about inserting a washer in the on/off so it back the tank out just a little bit where the nipple might be off center. I'd like to be able to fill the tank while the gun is charged but that might not work if I can't find a way around this.

sniper1rfa
05-16-2003, 05:09 PM
go to the hardware store and get a big washer that fits in the ASA. put that in before you screw in the tank.

if you lose your seal that way, try throwing an o-ring in there.

Phil
05-16-2003, 05:25 PM
North West paintball makes a thingy www.nwpaintballproducts.com that goes in the asa forming a seal so you no longer need an o-ring. It might be thick enough to serve your purpose. Its worth a try...

la690
05-16-2003, 05:26 PM
twist harder:D

Blennidae
05-16-2003, 05:34 PM
Is it possible to swap the fill nipple and the burst disk?

Quickling
05-16-2003, 07:35 PM
or you might be able to swap the fill nipple and the guage.

Remington
05-16-2003, 09:13 PM
That's what I did to my Crossfire tank. Switch the fill nipple with the gauge and you'll be all set. EMPTY YOUR TANK FIRST THOUGH! I can't stress that enough. :)

deathstalker
05-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil
North West paintball makes a thingy www.nwpaintballproducts.com that goes in the asa forming a seal so you no longer need an o-ring. It might be thick enough to serve your purpose. Its worth a try...
YES!!!

Before I bothered to install my Life Saver seal, my gauge was right under the screw for my NW Quick Disconnect block (yet another great product of theirs). This made it annoying to tighten down the screw. After I installed the seal, it's not a problem, nor do I ever need to use a tank o-ring. The tank needs fewer turns to screw in and should put your fill nipple of to the side.

joeyjoe367
05-17-2003, 12:46 AM
That's a hyperflow tank, correct?

If that's the case, then No, you won't be able to swap out the fill nipple with any of the other ports on the reg. All dynaflow tanks use separate air lines (inside the reg) to fill the tank; It doesn't go thru the regulator at all. There's also a filter where air enters the output section of the regulator to keep air going thru the reg, and eventually thru your gun, clean.

Just toss a plain' old tank o-ring in the asa. That should let you back out the tank a bit.

Cryer
05-17-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by deathstalker

YES!!!

Before I bothered to install my Life Saver seal, my gauge was right under the screw for my NW Quick Disconnect block (yet another great product of theirs). This made it annoying to tighten down the screw. After I installed the seal, it's not a problem, nor do I ever need to use a tank o-ring. The tank needs fewer turns to screw in and should put your fill nipple of to the side.

This (http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/MM011.ASP?pageno=151) will be your best bet. The aforementioned Black Magic Lifesaver Seal from NWPP. I'm going to get one, too. It seems the Empire on/off's have a tendency to put the fill nipple right in the most awkward places (mine isjutting straight out the right side and stabs into my wrist when I'm shouldering my marker).

CFD323
05-17-2003, 01:03 AM
Hey Cryer thanks for the advice on the Empire on/off. I bought it today and am very pleased with it so far.

Cryer
05-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by CFD323
Hey Cryer thanks for the advice on the Empire on/off. I bought it today and am very pleased with it so far.
Yeah, no prob. I love mine. One tip, tho. On the knob you'll notice a set screw recessed into one of the 'teardrop' millings. Tighten it down. I was messing around with it (as I have a tendency to do with my new toys:p :rolleyes: ) and after I loosened it, the knob fell off. No big deal, I just realligned it and tightened the screw, but I could imagine if you lost the knob on the field...:eek:

fire1811
05-17-2003, 07:52 AM
like joeyjoe367 said a oring in the bottom of the asa worked just fine before i got my flatline