PDA

View Full Version : First shot is dead and then fires normal

Frank (the spank)
05-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey there, need some help..

Just gassed up my mag for the first time and have a weird issue...

I shot some oil through the gun and then went outside and put my first shots through it. If I let the gun sit for awhile and then shoot it the first shot goes "psshhh" and no fire, and then it fires like a champ..

And let me tell ya how it fires like a champ... damn!!! I can empty my Halo B at the blink of an eye!

I am playing tomorrow annd this will be my shake down to break in the gun.

My config:

Flatline 4500, set to 800psi output
Brand new E-Mag, E-Max and lvl X

Not such a big deal, as fast as I can fire I won't miss 1 first shot, lol

Thanks for any info.

joeyjoe367
05-17-2003, 12:49 AM
When this happens, is your gun in e-mode, manual, or hybrid?

BlackVCG
05-17-2003, 12:52 AM
The problem with the bolt stick on the first shot after letting it sit is the reason why you have all of those carriers. Each o-rings size is slightly different. You need to get the proper fit with the o-ring and carrier and the way to get the proper fit is to use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Be sure to use the SAME o-ring you have been using.

Frank (the spank)
05-17-2003, 01:26 AM
It's in E mode

Thank you BlackVCG for the info!

Damn... will it hurt it to shoot it like that all day? Not a big deal.. I just don't wanna mess with it too much while I play tomorrow. I'm all outta air so next time I shoot it will have to be at the field...

But I will take my entire parts kit and a set of dental picks in case I need them. ooh.. that reminds me, I better print out the instructions for the lvl X just in case, hehehe

I've put about 700 shots through my E-Mag so far, 500 of them actual paint. Damn.. what a rush! I'm glad I got an e-mag, this thing can throw paint! I also tested my lvl X by turning off my halo, I fanned the trigger and in between shots I heard that "psshhh" as it pinched a ball. But... gun is squeaky clean :)

scrambler
05-17-2003, 06:02 AM
try switching to the shortest spring till you have time to fine tune your level 10, then work your way back to longer spring. its what i did till had time to tune.

Bill

Frank (the spank)
05-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Thanks scrambler! Thats what saved me yesterday!

My bolt stick got REALLY bad.. first game and 2 or 3 rounds would bloop out of my barrel.. So.. I went to the shortest spring and my E-Mag shot like a DREAM the rest of the day!

I was all over the place at the chrono station, but I think I heard thats because I am on the shortest spring. Plus my Flatline is brand new. I didn't mind the few problems I had, I expected it because my gun is brand new and I only got to shoot 500 rounds in my backyard.

Thanks again guys for the advice, it saved me yesterday, I have a full tank so after I clean my E-Mag and oil it up again I'm gonna fine tune it. :)

Treefall25
05-19-2003, 09:25 AM
thats wut happened to mine with the x-valve but i dont have a e-mag

BlackVCG
05-19-2003, 09:46 AM
Inconsistent velocities are caused by running too tight of a carrier o-ring fit. That is also the reason why your first shot doesn't fire after letting it sit. Keep increasing the carrier size by a half size with the SAME o-ring untill it starts to leak.

Frank (the spank)
05-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Good advice as always BlackVCG

I can actually move today so I think I'll mess with my gun and try that. I sorta over did it on Saturday.. lol

Should I go back to the middle spring and then increase the carrier size? I have the shortest and it works like a charm, well except the inconsistent velocities at the chrono..

Thanks again

BlackVCG
05-19-2003, 12:05 PM
I use the short spring in all of my setups. Just work with the carrier o-ring fit for now.

Frank (the spank)
05-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Ok.. I'm at the largest carrier that won't leak, short spring works fine, but... it sure hits hard, I think it could chop if it pinched a ball. So I then put the middle spring.. I let it sit and it fires fine, but.. every few shots it will stick.

now this is all dry firing.. no paint, and I don't have a chrono so I don't know what I am shooting at.

Any advice?

Brenten
05-20-2003, 12:22 PM
I am having the same problem, but it seems that the more i use it the better it gets, I have put at least two scuba tanks worth of air through mine, and it got a lot better. Good luck!!

BlackVCG
05-20-2003, 12:28 PM
The proper test procedure is to drop the bolt from the top of the PT tip and see if it falls all the way down and hits the bumper. If it stops due to o-ring friction, it's too tight.

Try a new o-ring. Every one is different and you just have to keep trying different ones until you get the ideal fit.