PDA

View Full Version : Need help with armson barrel, please look

Benfica4ever
05-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Some guy offerd me his 13" armson pro barrel for my grren splash tear drop, are the armson barrels any good, its rifeld, would any of you reccomend them?

ChucktheMAGician
05-16-2003, 11:11 PM
I'd stick w/ the teardrop. The rifling doesn't effect accuracy, and it should have a smaller bore, the armsons I had did. The Pro series will also be quite a bit louder than your teardrop.:)

Benfica4ever
05-16-2003, 11:12 PM
Yeah but my teat drop is green splash and doesent blen in at all with my gun.

ChucktheMAGician
05-16-2003, 11:16 PM
So you would rather have a loud barrel that is more likely to break balls, if your shooting med. bore paint now, than have your marker be mismatched?!:(

Paintchucker
05-16-2003, 11:42 PM
I broke more in my teardrop than I did in my armson pro...

Plus there aren't any holes to gunk up if a ball breaks. They are pretty easy to shoot clean.

Wickster
05-17-2003, 08:49 AM
I have an armson barrel for my mag and one for my illustrator. I bought them a long time ago (about 91 for the illustrator and 93 for the mag). They are the only barrels I use for those guns. I really like the barrels. I rarely break balls, except I had a problem with zap paint a few years ago. I usually shoot cheap paint for practice (severe that costs me $40 per case) and usually don't break any balls. I haven't had a problem with the better paint either. Could the rifling handle different sized paint better? Im not sure, but the barrels I have I really like and I don't plan on getting others.

I haven't shot the teardrop so I can't comment on that barrel. I won't tell you to take the trade, but I just wanted to tell you that for me the armson barrels shoot great.

dansim
05-17-2003, 09:26 AM
i have an 8" armson and its a great barrel, id go for it

cphilip
05-17-2003, 10:40 AM
They seem like fine barrels to me. I have one that came with my Micro E and it shoots just fine. The rifeling doesn't do anything realy but it doesn't seem to hurt anything either. I was thinking they were rather large to medium bores but I could be wrong...

GhillieGuy
05-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Well i'd go with the trade (since i'm the one trading the barrel):) Also you can ask these guys with the armsons what kind of paint they use best. The paint that i used in it when i used it was cheap home paint from my local pb store.:)

ChucktheMAGician
05-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Maybe it was just the VM68 and not the barrel, everyone else seems to love theirs!:confused: :(

BajaBoy
05-17-2003, 11:23 AM
i use to use an armson stealth and it was a Great barrel. Ide take the trade bc the tear drop is cheaper anyway

Benfica4ever
05-17-2003, 11:26 AM
iTS NOT AN ARMSON STEALTH, ITS AN ARMSON PRO.

BajaBoy
05-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Benfica4ever
iTS NOT AN ARMSON STEALTH, ITS AN ARMSON PRO.

if that was to me, yes i know i was just telling you about my take of armson barrels.

Strider
05-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Armson barrels rock.

I have four for my emag. :) One from each generation plus a tiny 8"'r. I wish they had multi-bore kits. :(

But yeh, the pro-series were LOUD. :) "Bark Bark Bark"