PDA

View Full Version : HPA maintenance, the saftey issue kinda bothers me.

breg
05-17-2003, 02:46 AM
Maybe I'm just a wuss, but I refuse to do mos work on my HPA system. I'm certified to work on munitions for the Air Force, and one thing that is drilled in to our heads is that if you don't know then don't do it. (especally if there is at least a ton and a half of pounds per square inch next to you chin:))
I mean, I see every one talking about swapping out this and that on regs, removing this, adding that,; and the thing that really gets to me is that I don't even know the torque value of the fill nipple. So if I want to attach a cnipple cover with a lanyard, I'm not sure if I'm over tightening or undertightening, etc. It kind of scares me. yes, I know that they have burst discs built in. But still the graveyards are full of speeders who wore thier sealt belts.
I'm not trying to make anyone mad, and if you know what you are doing, do it. But, if you don't find someone who does.

Thoughts, questions, comments?

let me know,
Breg

Halliday
05-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Whenever I work on my tank, it's empty. All I've ever done is clean the fill nipple.

ChucktheMAGician
05-17-2003, 10:19 AM
I never take my fill nipple off. I hook the lanyard between the hose and quick disconnect fitting, or between the elbow and quick disconnect on the output.