PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Paints...

rdb123
05-17-2003, 08:39 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if any of you have tried out Diablo House Paint, Diablo Midnight, or Diablo Nightmare.

I've basically started playing on Sunday's exclusively with the other tourney players and don't think buying a case of Evil (like I usually do) for 57 dollars just to screw around with during "tourney rec ball" is worth it. ;)

So has anyone tried those any of those three? Do they shoot nicely, etc, or would I just be better off sucking it up and buying cases of RPS Allstar for 50 a case?

House Paint- $32.00 per case
Nightmare- $40.00 per case
Midnight- $42.50 per case

If you have any other suggestions for paint of that quality, please advise. (I'm not looking to shoot seconds though.) :)

It would be great if someone could fill me in on how well you could store these paints. ie: not touching them for about 3 weeks or so.

Thanks

-Ron

EDIT: Fragile paint shouldn't be too much of an issue since I've got my SFL with ACE and Level10 along with my Scepter kit. ;)

Brak
05-17-2003, 08:47 AM
diablo paint is nice, i dont see anything wrong with it

as for storing it, just put it in a clean, dry, cool place and every couple of days take the bags and shake them a bit and lie them on a different side, to make sure that a ball doesnt get dimpled or crushed from it resting on one side for long

LittlePaintballBoy
05-17-2003, 09:58 AM
man thats cheap paint. i do get paint for 30 a case but for diablo its like 60 a case at my field and shops.

RobAGD
05-17-2003, 10:47 AM
House Paint- $32.00 per case
Nightmare- $40.00 per case
Midnight- $42.50 per case

The house paint is basically economey or white box that are kinda like seconds.

I personally woudlnt shoot midnight, As for diablo paints I would shoot blaze or Inferno. I find lesser paint tends to boounce too much.

As for RPS stuff big ball and PMI Premium are the same shell but differnt fills. The fill in the Pink Premium is awsome and its not that expensive.

Evil shoots nice as does marb. I would not really shoot big ball as it will not mark as well. If you are just doing drills and stuff Big Ball is ok, but I wouldnt really use it against others in a game.

You have a high end gun, shoot a good quality paint.

-Robert

BajaBoy
05-17-2003, 11:12 AM
most of the time ill get "ambush" from 888/800 for 29$ a case. I find it pretty good, Yes there is better but for the price, and just playing rec ball its Perfect. (i think out of 3 cases of it i only had 3-4 barrel breaks)

midnight? i bought a case in the winter and i played with it when the ground was snow covered/ also snowing and it Sucked, Alot of barrel breaks. I heard is was a brittle shell but this might have been a lil to brittle. All i know is that im not using it agian.

CFD323
05-17-2003, 11:51 AM
I will tell you I'm pretty unimpressed with Diablo Blaze. I used to shoot it and it was decent for recball. I took a year off of paintballin' and when I bought another case of Blaze it sucked ! I'd say 90% of all the balls were dimpled and the size consistency was horrible ! It was impossible to size it correctly to my barrel cuz some balls were too small for the .685 bore and then another handful would be too big for the .691 bore. On top of that they bounce like crazy. I was getting 9 bounces doing the bounce test. I was shooting at a cardboard/wood target in my basement and about 10% of the balls were bouncing off the target and rolling back to me.

When I went to the field I found they have now switched from PMI Premium to Blaze. The field paint was just as bad. I would hit guys 10 times and not 1 ball would break ! It's hard to sneak up on people when the paint won't break. I won't use Blaze again that's for sure.

Has anyone used PMI Premium lately ? Is it still decent cheap paint ? I used to shoot a lot of Marbs too (which is awesome) but it's a little high for recball. Also, has anybody had any problems with the Marbs (being partly black shelled) and Halo's with feeding issues ?

And with the Diablo Midnight, is this stuff really brittle ? I've got a couple of friends I play with that shoot Automags without Level 10's so I'm wondering if the Midnight would break too much for them. I might get a case to try out since it's only $42.

rdb123
05-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the input guys. So Rob, you think I'd be better off just using RPS All Star for 50 a case?

I WILL be using this against other tourney players from other teams moreso than I would in just drills. In tourneys Id use Evil.

Thanks again guys.

CrazyLad
05-17-2003, 12:40 PM
i use midnight and big ball at my friend's field. Its good,cheap paint