PDA

View Full Version : I've got an air pressure question...

iownamag
05-17-2003, 09:39 AM
this may seem stupid, but I don't really know a whole lot of stuff about mags. whats the deal with the pressure on a tanks reg and being preset, is that just something that the guns reg deals with? Really what I am asking is how does the lvl 10 change this, or is the bolt pressure a whole other story. Thanks

ChucktheMAGician
05-17-2003, 09:54 AM
It seems like you're wondering if a preset tank will work w/ Level X? They will, you will more than likely have to turn your velocity up a little tho. Level X does require a higher operating pressure and turning the mag valve up a little usually fixes it. Hope that was the answer you were looking for!:D

iownamag
05-17-2003, 10:03 AM
so in other words if i buy a preset tank, screw it in, and make some adjustements it will work...? Thanks a lot :D

ChucktheMAGician
05-17-2003, 10:09 AM
It should, check out http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40904 and
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43538 if you haven't already. They are full of good Level X info.

primetime
05-17-2003, 05:20 PM
I have had problems with screw in tanks and the level X. I had one I used on my RT before the LX install then after the install it wouldn't feed it enough air to run it. I went through 4 of my screw ins before I found one that would work.

Also this last weekend one of my teamates tank went down, she rented one from the field(same tank as hers)it would not work.

To solve the problem right off the bat you should just spend the extra money and get a Adjustable, as long as it adjusts to 850+psi your set. Yes its a little extra money but you wont buy a tank and find out it wont work.

Hope this helps you make choice.

iownamag
05-17-2003, 05:28 PM
thanks a lot that was exactly what i was asking, a lot of the presets i have seen have been set at 800-900 psi

primetime
05-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Exactly, my point is that my tanks said the same but wouldn't feed the LX enough air.

But I would expect that if you bought a Centerflag,Air America or Mac Dev screw in tank they would work just fine with out any prob. But buying a Adjustable right off the bat your air problems are solved as long as its not a low pressure system.

I have a High output Angel Air right now, but buying a Dynaflow Adjustable at the first of the month, but mine is a weight issue. I will lose about a pound and a half changing tanks.

jaylock33
05-17-2003, 06:01 PM
On one of my mags I use a pmi pure energy for the level X, I believe they are preset to 850 it works fine at that pressure. On the other one I use a flatline set at just about 800 that works fine also.

iownamag
05-17-2003, 10:10 PM
yea, the tank I am probably buying from a friend is a bulldog set at 850 psi so it sounds like that should work.

Powday
05-22-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by iownamag
yea, the tank I am probably buying from a friend is a bulldog set at 850 psi so it sounds like that should work.

I use a bulldog... works great. Alot lighter than my flatline too, actually. Is only a 3K psi tank though, vs 4.5K on the flatline.

Enjoy!

athomas
05-22-2003, 07:44 AM
The level 10 bolt upgrade only increases the internal operating pressure of the front chamber of the mag valve. The air pressure behind the ball remains the same. The bolt force on the ball is significantly reduced. The input pressure to a mag valve should be at least 200psi higher than the operating pressure in order for the mag or any regulator to work properly. That means the original mag valve required at least 600psi to operate properly and the new level 10 requires more. I suspect at least 700psi. Many have used this number but many have found better results in higher values. The higher the input pressure the better the recharge rate, especially on retro valves.

Everyone I know uses preset tanks at about 800 - 850psi and no one has problems using the level 10 bolt. We all have retro valves, and I have an emag. No air starving problems at all. I consistently shoot at 12 - 14bps with no shootdown.