PDA

View Full Version : chop/"burp" problem with Micro - HELP!

rav3nware
05-17-2003, 06:18 PM
The last time I took my MicroMag out to play, I ran into a strange problem. The marker would shoot as normal, and then suddenly it would start to chop more balls than it was shooting, literally squirting paint straight out the side of the powerfeed, along with a strange noise coming from the valve. I cleaned the breach out as best as I could at went to try again with a barrel w/ a different boresize, and ran into the same problem. I love my Mag and I accept the fact that until I throw a Level 10 on it, it's gonna chop every now and then, but I'm pretty new to Mags in genereal and when this happened I had utterly no idea what was going on. The problem seemed to happen most often in rapid fire, but happened a couple times just snap-shooting.

One interesting thing to note is that once, while dry-firing my marker to try to help clear the breach, the valve started to free-flow gas. The venting stopped when I held the trigger and started again when I released it. After working the trigger for a few seconds, I felt the bolt and valve reset and the venting stopped. Not sure what caused this, but it seemed like it might be related.

I've ordered an X-Valve anyway so that should solve the problem when I get it, but I wanted to ask about what caused this in case I ever run into this problem again in the future. If anyone has any input for a 'Mag-tech newbie, it'll be greatly appreciated ;).

One final (unrelated question) - I'm also looking for some opinions on what is a good barrel type and length to put on a Micro. I'm currently using a 16" J&J two-piece. Again, any input is appreciated; made it a poll for convenience.

Thanks!

ChucktheMAGician
05-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Welcome to AO! I'll try to answer some of your questions, in no particular order! I use a freak(s) and my longest tip is 14", but I mostly use the 10-12" ones. It sounds like you need to change your powertube spacer. You are correct in thinking that Level 10 will solve your chopping problems but there will be carriers and other parts that you will need to learn about and how to adjust accordingly. Check out these 2 threads if you haven't already http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40904
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43538
The second one is the problems thread, so you may not need to read thru that one til later. Definately watch Miscues video, a link in the first thread. :)