PDA

View Full Version : Warp ULE?

WARPED1
05-18-2003, 11:13 AM
I can't find a definate estimated time frame from AGD on this. Anyone over there know when they be coming? Not like, exact day, but an ETA?

BajaBoy
05-18-2003, 11:26 AM
did u search on it? i think i remember tom saying he didnt like the idea bc it needs a new body rail

Rmarks
05-18-2003, 11:44 AM
TK was in the chat a few nights ago and said it would fit on the ULE rail. Atleast I think he said that :)

WARPED1
05-18-2003, 12:08 PM
I don't want to buy a new damn rail, I just want to buy a warp ULE and go! Tk said in one of my earlier posts that you could use a stock warp stubby feed and use an adaptor, but I want a lower profile.
I did do a search, but couldn't find a definate timeframe on them.

Peach
05-18-2003, 12:34 PM
Actualy it wouldn't be very difficult, I've been thinkong of getting someone to do it for me... but anyways --

It would be much like the PTP warpfeed mod, but it would be aluminum, and threaded, therefor you could screw it into the ULE body and keep a very low profile. As for having it comming off right, and left, the angel threads on the ULE body are very compact, a 180* turn is only about the thickness of 2-3 sheets of paper. I understand this would be loose and wiggle around. This is easily solvedby a teflon o-ring or washer that fits around the end of threads of the mod. This would give it a tight fit from being 1/16 of being screwed in to as far as it can go. Most likely it would need to be created by PTP because of their patent, but if this idea is differenciated enough it can be done.

WARPED1
05-18-2003, 12:59 PM
I guess no one knows? I just want an ETA, if possible, please!

chiefal
05-18-2003, 07:50 PM
on 5/5 I called a tech at agd and he said in a few months, 2 or 3, they will have a new ule warp body and rail out for the emag

WARPED1
05-18-2003, 07:55 PM
Why a rail?! I don't want a new damn rail!

BajaBoy
05-18-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Why a rail?! I don't want a new damn rail!

u have to get a rail.. if u searched and read about it you would understand. the feedtube have to be on a certin angle, which happends to be blicked by the rail... so that put of the rail needs to be milled. it cant just be strait out the body

Kevmaster
05-18-2003, 09:05 PM
yes, the warp tube right now would go right through the existing rail...kinda causing a problem

WARPED1
05-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BajaBoy

u have to get a rail.. if u searched and read about it you would understand. the feedtube have to be on a certin angle, which happends to be blicked by the rail... so that put of the rail needs to be milled. it cant just be strait out the body Guess I'm going to sell my Emag after all............