PDA

View Full Version : Need pics of X-mag Ace Board

kilaueakid
05-18-2003, 04:11 PM
I am currently installing an AGD ace board in my sfl emag. I need pics of where the orange and yellow wires go, power connection setup and also would like to see a top view of the eye itself to make sure I have the four legs to the eye in the board properly in the respectable slots. Thanks for any help guys,

kila

kilaueakid
05-18-2003, 11:30 PM
somebody here has to have pics of the guts of their x-mag??

kila

Eric_AGD
05-19-2003, 07:03 AM
I dont have a picture, but I think I can talk you through it. Yellow and orange wires both run down to the Emag board. There is a line of sockets that run down the left side of the Emag board (14 in a row). The yellow wire gets soldered to the 5th one from the top. You can remove the socket, and just solder the wire in its place. The orange wire should have a terminal crimped on the end. This gets pushed into the middle terminal on the jumper plug (5 position plug with a brown wire loop).

Now looking at the top (side with the silkscreened letters) of the ACE board, and the switch on the left side, put the sensor/eye in with the flat side towards the top. Put the black sleeve over the sensor, and push the sensor down so it is flush with the top of the sleeve. Then remove the sleeve and solder it in place. Then use some silicone to hold the sleeve on.

Hope that helps.

snakestang
05-19-2003, 10:06 AM
This is the best pic I have for now. I am at work but if you need a better pic I can get one for you tonight.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=727411

kilaueakid
05-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

I think I got it figured out now.

kila

kilaueakid
05-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Ok...I have everything wired up and soldered in place. Yellow wire to #5 socket, orange wire to middle plug on jumper plug, main board power wire soldered in place on the ace board and ace board powered to battery. Also have eye/sensor in place with flat side facing up when switch is on the left.

I set the selector to ACE 1 and tried ACE2 as well, however the gun will fire all the time regardless of which setting it is in. I also have tried adjusting the pot clockwise and counter clockwise, but it will still fire all the time.

When I look at the pic in this thread from snakestang, his yellow wire is soldered to a different location than mine. Mine appears to be wired the same as the pic in the AGD online store.

Any suggestions?

kila

yagrmiestr
05-21-2003, 12:42 PM
kila,

I just picked up an ACE board recently as well and mine is connected on the underside of the board at the hole in the following image. This looks like it is the same electrical connection as on snakestang's board.

Did you get a screw with the board to hold the board into the ULE frame? I did not, and need to find the right size. This screw is the ground for the ACE board so I don't think it would work without it. If you have some sort of multimeter you can probe the yellow wire (ACE signal) to see if it is 5V or 0V with a ball in front of it. Then you'll know if the ACE board is working or if it the connection to the main board.

Hopefully someone else can provide a little more insight. :D

Edit: Whoops forgot picture..
http://homepage.mac.com/yagrmiestr/.Pictures/ace.jpg

Eric_AGD
05-21-2003, 12:51 PM
The picture shown, is an earlier model done by AGDE. The current production boards have the wires solder to the bottom.

It make take 5 or more full turns counter-clockwise to get the pot in the correct range. How far did you turn it? Also make sure the sensor is covered so it is not picking up light from another source.

yagrmiestr
05-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Hey Eric,

what size screw is used to ground the ACE board and hold it to the ULE frame.

From snakestang's picture it looks like there is some sort of an isolator or spacer used at well. Could you tell me what I need??

Thanks

kilaueakid
05-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Yep Eric was right,
just had to turn the pot counter clockwise a few more turns. thanks!!

kila