PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear from SilverFox lately???

RamboPreacher
05-18-2003, 04:55 PM
I am not sure where to put this, so mods feel free to move it as appropriate.

a while ago, I have contracted SilverFox to make me some automag pump-arms. he had advertised that he could make them and so, I bit. I PayPaled him (after some email conversations), and we are off....

The next think I know, there is a rather "ugly" thread building about this situation with some others of his "customers". My order had been delayed because of a personal situation that he had explained to me in a PM. I believed him and about a week later, I had recieved one (I had payed for two, one had been lost in shipping) of the parts in a not-so-well-packed envelope.

After another communication bout with him (all friendly and cooperative, BTW) - he sent out another package and about a week or so later, I had a new package with two new pump arms. everything was well.

We had been communicating further about him doing som custom milling on a stock class sniper I own adn then he was going to have it anoed green, nothing fnacy, just plain green, after it had been milled and prepped. The payment was a sluggo body.

I had already sent him the sluggo body (sine it is my personal preference to prepay for custom work as posible). I received one pm from him well over a month ago saying that it was done. I hadn't sent the sluggo yet, they were on back order, but had received it and sent it to him about a month ago. and have not heard from him since.

I am concerned for him and was wondering if anyone has heard from him. I know there was some personal things going on, and there was a thread that many had started to bash and flame him, but I remained calm since we had been communicating well untill I actually paid him with the sluggo body.

Has anyone heard from SilverFox? I have emailed and PMed him a few times in the last month and have not heard back.

sneakyhacker420
05-18-2003, 11:19 PM
last time i heard from him was when i got my pump rod... 2 months ago

you'll wanna contact him in every way possible... email, PM, ICQ, Yahoo, AIM... whatever he lists in his profile

edit: do you still have your green fade euro x-mag??

RamboPreacher
05-19-2003, 09:40 AM
thanks - been trying to connect with him, but no luck.

lopxtc
05-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Wish you the best of luck in getting in touch with him. I tried all the means at my disposal and none of them were ever answered.

Thankfully I had paid with paypal (Which is odd since I normally warn of the major problems people have had with them) so I just filled a complaint and got my money back about two weeks later.

Again best of luck, but to my knowledge no one has been able to get in contact with him. Although I dont think anyone has tried driving to his house.

Aaron

Strider
05-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Last I heard from him was my order for a pump rod. It was the day before he disapeared.

I know everyone is getting mad, but it does sound like something happened... He was communicating quite well up untill he disapeared. According to my PM tracker, he hasn't been on since.

Cort95
05-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Sorry to tell you guys, but he sent me an email in april saying my Automag would be here on the 12th of that month. I've pretty much kissed the ol' gal goodbye by now, cause I haven't seen so much as a nubbin.

frost
05-23-2003, 06:49 PM
i know this may sound dumb or something but from what your all saying it doesnt sound like he riped you all off. but maybe he like died in a car crash or something i mean if he lives on his own or something how would anyone know if that stuff was his or not idk but it doesnt sound like he ripped u off

irbodden
05-23-2003, 07:00 PM
I have a legit address of his here somewhere I believe.

I sold him a 'Mag valve awhile ago I believe, he had me ship it to his work address which took him days to get for me... hmm

RamboPreacher
06-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Though through a third party, it seems that it is official that I have been taken advantage of and have lost: Palmerized Stock Class Sniper II, and a blank sluggo body.

This is truely dissapointing.

Here is the thread at one of his local Paintball field hangouts:
http://5empty.net/pgbforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=365

This is a lesson learned for a trusting soul. I hope that it does not afffect any of my other transactions and how I deal with people on the internet.

The Frymarker
06-10-2003, 11:43 AM
RP,

I'm sorry to hear this. That is really horrible.

Did you ever here back from Angel Eyes either?

shartley
06-10-2003, 11:52 AM
Hopefully he just forgot, or something. If not….. sorry to hear about this.

I know sometimes custom folks get behind (heck even me), but they should always answer their e-mail inquiries and do their best to keep folks up to date.

Speaking of which…. If you are an AO member with work on order…. I AM WORKING ON IT!!! ;) I am just taking my lunch break.

GT
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
come on guys this is AO not PBN. I refuse to believe someone just disappears of the face of the planet. Someone that lives in his same town must be an AO member and can check up on him.

jb

RamboPreacher
06-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Frymark - no, haven't heard back. That is a loss as well. I have tried emailng and calling, to no avail. :(

As to Silverfox just dissapearing; apparently, he hasn't. the post (linked above) by another person that lives in teh area, says
warhawk - went by his house the other day and heres the info. i will have my gun back friday and he is and has been doing business. but rambopreacher, i asked him about your stuff and he says he doesnt know anything about it.In all my posts and emails, I have given him teh benefit of the doubt and even now am a bit leery, as I say that it "seems" that he has taken me for a ride. Untill now, I have posted nothing but positive or at worst nutral information about him.

I truly do hope that he is okay and there is nothing personally wrong, even if he possibly did decieve me. I hate to see anyone go through personal troubles.

GT
06-10-2003, 03:25 PM
what city does he live in? Do you have any proof that he recived your stuff?

jb

RamboPreacher
06-10-2003, 03:32 PM
The information on his address is in that other thread, it matches what I have and where I sent my gear. THe "proof I have is in teh Form of a PM from him saying that he was finished milling and just needed to be ano'd. unfortunately, I didn't make him sign for any package I sent. I had no reason to not trust him, he treated me right in a previous transaction.

[RPEdit] - just checked that other thread and his address had been removed, but it did match the information I have wich an address in Nicholasville, KY. Sorry, I won't post his address publicly.

sneakyhacker420
06-10-2003, 04:45 PM
RP, try calling him

RamboPreacher
06-10-2003, 04:55 PM
the one piece of info I don't have (phone number).

GT
06-11-2003, 07:34 AM
we need a member of the AO army to go to his house. If he indeed has taken us for a ride its like your best friend comming into to your house and stealling all your stuff.

madmatt151
06-20-2003, 02:06 AM
I too was taken advantage of by him. He was supposed to make a custom spacer for me and annodize it. He made it and said he shipped it. I never heard form hima dn then a month later after I emailed nad PMd he tells me there were many packages lost and he will make me another one. Ihave never heard from him since. Many emails and PMs have been sent to him. PLease someone try to get in touch with him. Tell himto just simply return emails and PMs.

RamboPreacher
10-31-2003, 02:36 PM
surprise package came from teh UPS man today!
Recieved my sniper (SC) and the blank slug-body I sent in payment for millwork/ano-job that was to be done on my sniper.

Issues:
* The barrel is some generic barrel, and not the JJ I sent.
* The back block and bolt are not teh ones sent. I sent a standard big-chunk block (original) and it had a lightning bolt, now I have some taso block and weird venturi bolt (bah)
* cocking rod missing altogether (who knows what else is missing/ruined internally).

Thank you John Macky (name on the UPS box) for returning this equipment. I appreciate the attempt at restitution. However, I now know that I was LIED to. One of the final communications I had from you said that the milling was complete on the sniper body and that you were waiting for the slug-body for payment. you were asking me about getting it ano'd as well.

Well, it seems that there was NO milling done to this body, and now I have a NON-functioning sniper, that prior to sending to you was just back from PPS for a complete "sleeper" rebuild for ultimate performance. now I have a pile of parts.

beam
10-31-2003, 03:13 PM
Wow! What an ordeal.

RP...you have handled this whole thing very well.

Way to go man! Hope you can get everything back up an running.