PDA

View Full Version : RetroValve / frame problem - maybe bad sear or on/off pin?

Aegis
05-19-2003, 12:11 PM
I am attempting to put a used retrovalve in a used RTPro body. Both look to be in excellent condition, purchased through AO forums.

When the frame came in, I put the LX/automag valve from my old mag on it. Worked crappy - seemed to shortstroke and double fire intermittently. Put another valve on it, and it was unplayable - it would go auto. Both valves worked fine back on the old (carbon fiber) frames.

Figured I would wait for the retrovalve before worrying too much about it, but it is the worst of the three. It is very difficult to get a single shot off - the slightest pressure on the trigger makes it run away at a high ROF.

Any tips? The retrovalve is new to me. Also looking for a manual online, if anyone knows where that can be found.

xen_100
05-19-2003, 12:26 PM
what kind of frame is it?

also make sure your sear rod is the right length. if it is too long you may see the issues you are seeing.

Aegis
05-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the info. It is an intelliframe, by the way.

zeke1975
05-19-2003, 08:47 PM
Aegis,

the valve I sold you had the on/off for a mini/automag (the one that comes in the retro) in it, from the look of the tolerances in the sticky above (which I'm pasting in here) the on/off pin may be too short, the one that comes in the retro is .750" and the one used in the rtpro is .765" This could definitley be your problem, with a on/off that's too short will go into runaway.

Hope that helps,

Erik

E-Mag:

On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725" w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

RT-Pro:

On/Off Pin: .765"

Trigger Rod: 1.985"

Retro Valve/X-Valve/Classic RT:

On/Off Pin: .750"

Automag Classic/Minimag:

On/Off Pin: .750"

Trigger Rod: 1.985"

Aegis
05-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Got on one the way - thanks for the followup. The valve looks like new, thanks again.

zeke1975
05-19-2003, 08:52 PM
No problem, enjoy the valve!

Good luck!