PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new AM/MM Rail from AGD and...

tmnothing
05-19-2003, 03:39 PM
I just got a new AM/MM Rail from AGD and I was expecting there to be a whole in the front for a vertical adapter like my other MM rail. There is a whole but it doesnt go all the way through the rail. Do I have to drill that out or did I order the wrong rail? I didnt want to start drilling if I didnt order the right rail.

johnny dee
05-19-2003, 03:48 PM
i believethat u haveto punch it out....there should be a thing that looks like a hole that can be punched out....im pretty sure about that...go ask in the tech forum for this also.

Miscue
05-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Yeah, you can see where you are supposed to drill out the hole...

jayloo
05-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by tmnothing
I just got a new AM/MM Rail from AGD and I was expecting there to be a whole in the front for a vertical adapter like my other MM rail. There is a whole but it doesnt go all the way through the rail. Do I have to drill that out or did I order the wrong rail? I didnt want to start drilling if I didnt order the right rail.

I'm confused what a "whole"?:p

Prezents
05-19-2003, 09:41 PM
that hole in the front I belive is 1/4" and all you have to do is drill it out.

I'm confused what a "whole"?
the hole that he is talking about is for the verticle adaptor. For him to use a gas through or a expansion chamber.

Potatoboy
05-19-2003, 09:53 PM
You don't have to drill it.

It's super thin, you should be able to just put the screw in and pop it through with your thumb. Worst case scenario, flip it over and put the screwhead on a table and push hard.

It'll pop right through.

tmnothing
05-19-2003, 11:01 PM
sorry for the typo... anyway thanks for the help guys i'm gonna go try it in a couple minutes.