PDA

View Full Version : have u been to fox paintball

pur rage
05-19-2003, 03:40 PM
to begin with i do not own FOX but i do have alot to say about it. for those who dont know FOX has been around for over 16+ years. we were around when challenge park used to be in sugargrove, il. as you can tell i have been with FOX for a long time. i read in alot of threads that people played at CPX, ACTION GAMES, AND BADLANDS. we are the same amount of time from downtown chicago as CPX; and we are alot closer than badlands.now for the reason to play at fox

#1: we are not expensive. go to our website @www.FOXPAINTBALL.COM and check it out. we offer memberships and even honor other fields memberships( entry only). if you prepay for field paint 7+ days ahead of your game you get a $10 discount. that $90 for a 2000 rd case of field paint.

#2: private games are inexpensive. we do not punish you if you add players players to your private game in the last 7 days. plus if you prepay the base fee 30 days ahead you get a 10% discount. players w/ own equipment are only $15 per person (after base fee). FOX members play for free in private games and open games( other than paint).the organizer of the private game may want some $$$ from the mem though.

#3: we offer team practice at $20 ea. but is b.y.o.p. for team practice. please check out the website for all the info. no rental equip allowed in team practice. by the end of fall we plan on having a sup air field. plus we have a booster to fill to 4500 psi

#4: we offer advanced admission tickets for the open game only. you have to buy 5 tickets min but to get a pump its $12 a ticket or a semi for $18 a ticket. compared to $20 or $30. it includes admission as well. these have to be bought through the retail store ahead of time, you cannot go to the field and expect these prices. we honor other tickets as well but call the store and ask for specifics.there are certain days that we do not honor ANY tickets like b.y.o.p. days and special event days(go to foxpaintball.com and check out the calender of events.

#5: so far i have told you how to save money on admission and paint; now alittle about the field. we are 60 acres along the fox river. 3 speedball fields, 1 town ( its no BEDLAM but it nice), the HILL, and 15 woods fields. since the beginning of the year we have added to what we call our front half over 60 bunkers. for those that have played here before we made 2 fields into attack and defend fields. one of the main things is that we get the games going. our philosophy is that you are there to play so you want to play as many games as possible. our games are 20 min long with a turn around time of about 5 min before we start gathering for the next game. we usually get over 10+ games in a day.

#6: COLOSSAL BRAWL. on june 14 and 15 we are hosting a B.Y.O.P. big game. yes i said B.Y.O.P. check out our website for more info. register early and save $$$$. i dont think anyone in the area has done this before.

please give me feedback on your experiences at FOX; good or bad it is still benifitial to me. maybe you have an idea that we didnt think about. be within reason, we are not a multi-million dollar facility with thousands of dollars at our whim.

see you at FOX (hopefully)

JAM
05-19-2003, 05:01 PM
regular $100/case and then a "deal" of $90/case... that seems WAY high. reminds me of the old old days.

never been to the field though, maybe it's awesome.
-j

Grasshopper
05-19-2003, 05:25 PM
I'm glad I play at an always B.Y.O.P. field and pay only $40-$50 a case :)

Sounds like a nice field, though.

skipdogg
05-19-2003, 08:05 PM
I have not played at Fox recently. However I did play there somewhat regularly many a years ago, including the 1991 IPO. The field does have sentimental value to me. It was the first place I ever saw/heard of the automag. The guys from Swarm showed it to our team. It is also the first place I played with Tom Kaye, in a scrimmage against Swarm. Anyway - i loved it then, and have been meaning to get back there.

CFD323
05-19-2003, 10:21 PM
I've played at a handful of fields around the Chicagoland area and Fox is by far the best ! The refs are the best too as they're always hurrying everybody up to get the games going. No waiting around 30-40 minutes like at Operation Paintball. The people who run it also seem to genuinely care that you have a pleasant experience. I played down there a couple weeks ago and had a blast. I tell everybody to go there. I've been playing there off and on for probably 5 yrs and I've never had a bad experience at all. That's impressive for a field. I wish the paint was a little cheaper but I realize that's a field's money maker. The only bad thing about Fox is they've switched to Diablo Blaze now. Not sure when they switched but Blaze sucks. I would bounce probably 80% of my hits. Go back to PMI premiums. They work fine for the money.

Curly
05-20-2003, 12:42 AM
Im sorry but 90 dollars for a case of paint is not what i would call anywhere close to a deal. This might be a nice field but I have a feeling that your prices drive teams away. I know what paint costs and I know you are marking it up way too high. If you lower the price more people will play. More people at a lower cost over time will pay off with higher profits. Its simple business.

demonguy8
05-20-2003, 02:20 AM
I fell into a mudpit that was AT LEAST up to my belt while there (and was still sinking)... I have NO intention of going back anytime soon now that I have an electro

CFD323
05-20-2003, 03:42 AM
that was one of the front fields right ?

damageinc54
05-20-2003, 11:29 AM
I go there all the time ;) BYOP for team practices is great. I have never had a problem with the Diablo paint at Fox. Shoots great every time for us.

pur rage
05-20-2003, 05:21 PM
in our area ( midwest ) all the fields pretty mch have the same paint prices. except two that are sponcered by paint companies. cpx as you know is sponcered by brass eagle, and another that that will let you bring your own paint. but i will probably guess that if you play there and fox; must people will say fox is much better. my guess CURLY is that you either play renegade or you play at a paint sponcered field.

Curly
05-20-2003, 05:32 PM
Try neither. Most fields in my area are actually BYOP and I havent seen a case for sale at any of the FPO fields for more then $75 a case, often there will be paint as cheap as $50 a case. Personally I play for a sponsored team and get paint at a much lower price then even that. I know what paint costs and I know that at $100 a case you are making almost triple what you pay for it. That is unless you are as a field getting ripped off. Diablo shipped to a retailer is not 50 bucks a case. I understand that to run a field you need to make money. But you also need to keep customers. In my opinon a lower cost on paint will draw more customers and therefore make you more money in the long run. Thats just my opinion you dont have to listen to it.

demonguy8
05-20-2003, 06:16 PM
ima have to completely back up what curly just said

pur rage
05-21-2003, 05:12 PM
TO Demonguy8 the refs almost always warn players about the mudpit. and the deepest it gets is about waist deep anyway; unless your 2 feet tall, then its over your head. also what field allows you to shoot anything other than regular semi.as far as i know all fields dont allow burst mode or full auto.

TO Curly i somewhat agree with your reasoning that the cheaper the paint the more players you will have; but we have already tried that in the past. in order to sell the paint say at $50 you would have to have twice the number of players to come out just to break even w/ the previous year.
there are not that many new players that join the sport for 1 field to lower thier paint prices. FOX in my opinion has the best membership program around; cheaper paint, free entry, and even discount at the retail stores on product (LIFETIME ONLY ). we dont charge for members in a private game, and they also get free entry on most special events.
we could sell a cheaper paint for less money (32 degrees, brass eagle, etc) but then we would have the same problem as CPX. at least we dont charge $100 for BE paint.
we keep people coming back because we have friendly staff, decent fields, and a good professional attitude. and we do host B.Y.O.P. days and even free days where the gun rentals are free.so we do accomadate all kinds of players.

I just cant see how byop field can stay open without sacrificing quality. do you only get 1 judge per field. maybe the fields require thier sponcered teams to work for free to cut down on overhead. does the field pay workmans comp on thier staff. all that is overhead; if you can cut overhead and save money while still making money then of course fields can cut costs.

pur rage
05-22-2003, 12:40 PM
if you havent been to the website lately we are hosting a B.Y.O.P. BIG GAME ON JUNE 14TH AND 15TH. GO TO WWW.FOXPAINTBALL.COM AND CHECK OUT THE INFO

jayloo
05-22-2003, 03:13 PM
If I am going to pay $90 to $100 for a case of paint it better either be a **** good tournament or an indoor field. We all lnow that pball IS expensive and folks will always try to find a way to make it cheaper and paint $ is alwayse the 1st stop.

I will however play any field once just for a different experience.

pur rage
05-27-2003, 12:04 PM
the sport of paintball has been growing steadly since it began years ago. if you own a paintball field you have to continually upgrade them to keep them interesting or people will go elsewhere. people think that when the field sells a case of paint for $100 that they are gouging the player. almost all the fields in our area have the same prices. you, the player, have no idea the overhaed costs of a field.all you think is that the owner must be rich. do you realize that paintball fields carry the same insurance as amusement parks. just think of the cost. insurance gets raised every year yet we havent changed our prices in a long time.

xadamx
05-27-2003, 12:21 PM
i would play there once(if i lived close enough hehe) but 100 bucks a case is hardly cheap. the most i payed for paint in a long time was 75 a case for blaze at my last tourni. i couldnt afford paintball if your field was my homefield.

pur rage
05-30-2003, 10:46 AM
the deadline is coming up for the colossal brawl at fox paintball in millington, il. just an hour from chicago. check out WWW.FOXPAINTBALL.COM

pur rage
06-05-2003, 10:45 AM
fox paintball is finally getting a sup air field. they are making it as i type this. so come on down to fox paintball for team practice and play on a sup air field coming soon. we plan on it being completely done by the cpsa on sept 21st.

-=Squid=-
06-05-2003, 01:04 PM
#1: we are not expensive. go to our website @www.FOXPAINTBALL.COM and check it out. we offer memberships and even honor other fields memberships( entry only). if you prepay for field paint 7+ days ahead of your game you get a $10 discount. that $90 for a 2000 rd case of field paint.

Funny, I only pay $40 a case at my field, woo woo, $90 what a steal!

:rolleyes:

-=Squid=-
06-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by pur rage
TO Demonguy8 the refs almost always warn players about the mudpit. and the deepest it gets is about waist deep anyway; unless your 2 feet tall, then its over your head. also what field allows you to shoot anything other than regular semi.as far as i know all fields dont allow burst mode or full auto.

TO Curly i somewhat agree with your reasoning that the cheaper the paint the more players you will have; but we have already tried that in the past. in order to sell the paint say at $50 you would have to have twice the number of players to come out just to break even w/ the previous year.
there are not that many new players that join the sport for 1 field to lower thier paint prices. FOX in my opinion has the best membership program around; cheaper paint, free entry, and even discount at the retail stores on product (LIFETIME ONLY ). we dont charge for members in a private game, and they also get free entry on most special events.
we could sell a cheaper paint for less money (32 degrees, brass eagle, etc) but then we would have the same problem as CPX. at least we dont charge $100 for BE paint.
we keep people coming back because we have friendly staff, decent fields, and a good professional attitude. and we do host B.Y.O.P. days and even free days where the gun rentals are free.so we do accomadate all kinds of players.

I just cant see how byop field can stay open without sacrificing quality. do you only get 1 judge per field. maybe the fields require thier sponcered teams to work for free to cut down on overhead. does the field pay workmans comp on thier staff. all that is overhead; if you can cut overhead and save money while still making money then of course fields can cut costs.

Break even selling at $50 a case? :rolleyes: My god, this does not make me want to play there. Paint only costs around $30 for the field to buy. Im not stupid, my field sells me stuff for next to nothing prices, and I know quite a lot of the whole sale pricing. Trust me when I say your not pulling anything over my eyes.

-=Squid=-
06-05-2003, 01:11 PM
the sport of paintball has been growing steadly since it began years ago. if you own a paintball field you have to continually upgrade them to keep them interesting or people will go elsewhere. people think that when the field sells a case of paint for $100 that they are gouging the player. almost all the fields in our area have the same prices. you, the player, have no idea the overhaed costs of a field.all you think is that the owner must be rich. do you realize that paintball fields carry the same insurance as amusement parks. just think of the cost. insurance gets raised every year yet we havent changed our prices in a long time.

Once again, its not that bad. Our field mabe gets 20 players a month nowadays, small town (by the way even when business was good and we got hundred or so a month, which isnt that good still for most fields, he has managed to keep prices DIRT cheap, and afford a NICE store and field.) Im sorry, but there is nothing you can do to trick me into thinking $100 a case is a deal in ANY way, especially when I KNOW you are getting more business than my field. Its sad really, I Wish all the shop owners were pro-paintball like mine, rather than pro-MONEY MONEY MOEN TEH !!!?!/1 Also, Sorry for not putting this all in one post im replying as I read his comments.

pur rage
06-11-2003, 06:35 PM
squid, its sounds like you belong to more of a paintball club than an actual field. if the field you go to sell you paint for $40 a case tell me what kind it is. is it brass eagle or another "cheap" paint? i also would wager that you also work there or are a member. i cant see how the field you go to can stay open for long unless it is more more of a club. the math tells it all.if you get 35 players a month (at the high end) and each person buys a case @$40 that $1400. how can the owner pay staff,workmans comp,and insurance on $1400(gross)buy your math the owner pays about $20 - $25 a case. so he runs his field on about $800 a month.these figures do not include sign in fees or air fees
your field sound great with those prices i just hope you stay open.

-=Squid=-
06-11-2003, 09:42 PM
squid, its sounds like you belong to more of a paintball club than an actual field. if the field you go to sell you paint for $40 a case tell me what kind it is. is it brass eagle or another "cheap" paint? i also would wager that you also work there or are a member. i cant see how the field you go to can stay open for long unless it is more more of a club. the math tells it all.if you get 35 players a month (at the high end) and each person buys a case @$40 that $1400. how can the owner pay staff,workmans comp,and insurance on $1400(gross)buy your math the owner pays about $20 - $25 a case. so he runs his field on about $800 a month.these figures do not include sign in fees or air fees
your field sound great with those prices i just hope you stay open.

Its been here for over 10 years :rolleyes: no it is not a club, the building is nicer than a LOT of fields (not a trailer, actual building built specifically for the field) nice speedball field, good rec field, proper netting, fills nitrogen, shop geared towards newer players (not a lot of tourney ballers) sells a lot of tournement stuff as well though, nice owner...the refs arent payed, we are here because we love the sport, not to make money...he instead pays us by allowing gun trades, gun payments, cheaper stuff, and yes, the prices I listed are NOT with the discounts we get. The paint we shoot is NOT cheap brands, it is top of the line Kick'n, as he is a wholesaler. Occasionally he will specially order a few preferred cases for the refs. Im not going to buy into your high prices, because they are NOT necessary. This is not a "club."

minimag187
06-12-2003, 10:20 AM
I play with people here (a field) and they have a nice big sup air field /w the snake and the works, and you can bring your own paint. I buy Evil paintballs on the internet for $55 a case and get a free shipping from buying two, so $110 for 2 cases.

Skreemer
06-12-2003, 12:13 PM
I wish paint was cheaper but when it comes down to it.. CPX charges 100$ a case for BE paint, CCP indoor charges 110$ a case for RP, Tricity Paintball charges 100$ a case for blaze. For this area paint at 90$ a case is a good draw. Except for Fox team practice and BadLandz no other place nearby is BYOP unless you feel like taking the 3 hour drive to wisconsin and playing apocalypse.

Then again when I'm poor I don't worry about paint price too much. I head to Tri-City or Country Club indoor and with 18$, a PGP, and a handful of 12grams I can play almost all day.

DjGruv
06-12-2003, 12:33 PM
I don't care what you buy. You will never get it at cost. When you buy food, you think your paying cost. That car you drive. You think you paid cost on that. I don't think so! Unless your mommy got it for you.The only people getting paint at cost or just above are sponserd teams, staff and friends of who ever. I doubt I can walk on to any field in Cali and get paint for $30-40. Not to mention most rec ballers pay ALOT more than tourny players anyway. On that Fox paintball rocks. Nice fields, lots of parking,and great staff.

-=Squid=-
06-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Just wondering, but you do realize that paint only costs around $25 to wholesalers? Mabe $35.

ratmonkey
06-12-2003, 01:24 PM
and since its a large field they're buying by the pallett and thats usually an even deeper discount on wholesale price. you can get blaze at 20 a case if you buy a pallett or more. (a pallett containing 90 cases)

Vert
06-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Squid you pay $40 a case at a field you work at for free. Now what does he charge people that dont work there?

-=Squid=-
06-12-2003, 04:12 PM
People who dont work there pay like 52. I think it dropped since. I really need to update his site, the prices are waaay off.

no_doz
06-12-2003, 05:02 PM
i agree with squid, i also only pay 40 a case at my field (its not byob either) and its NOT a club. 90 is a screw job, instead of buying a case of paint there, upgrade your gun! itll be cheaper!

nippinout
06-12-2003, 05:27 PM
At almost all fields in the Chicagoland area you have to pay $100 or $110 for a case of paint.

The only fields that I can think of that are different are Badlandz and Manny's field. Badlandz you have to pay a higher field fee for BYOP. Manny's got pretty good prices on cases of paint.

Manny's field is in IN and only has airball fields. No woods.

Country Club Paintball has special prices on a few days of the year.

I'd like to see the Chicago area's paint prices go down. It's really hard to play on just half a case each time you go out. I can't afford to buy a case of paint for myself for a day of play.

You would think that the prices would be as low as other fields with all of this competition for customers. Chicago has a lot of paintball players. Maybe the field owners just can't lower them or risk going out of business. Or no one wants to budge in price and get away with it.

I don't know.

I just don't like having to pay $110 for a case of paint when I can get a case for <$45.

the123
06-13-2003, 09:35 AM
For anyone who was thinking about playing at Fox Paintball, this weekend would be the best time to go. They are having a BYOP *BIG GAME* WEEKEND this weekend. Admission is cheap considering what you get. $20!!! for all day play and air. There will basically be 2 games, one on Saturday and one on Sunday played on appx. 30 acres of lush woods, creeks, 2 large forts and a town field with 2 towers.
I have personally played there more times than I can remember. I started playing 3 years ago, and that was the first true Paintball Field that I ever went to. I've never looked back and now play every weekend, and a lot of times during the week. The good atmosphere at Fox kept me coming back again and again no matter what the cost. Also, members of the field get in for FREE!!
I'll be practicing on the speedball fields in the AM. Come say hi. You can't miss my long hair and big orange ladders on my truck.

OutRage86
06-13-2003, 10:38 AM
I've played at a handful of fields around the Chicagoland area and Fox is by far the best !

Im sorry But BY far BADLANDS IS The Best Field in the CHi Town Area.

Paint is not 100$ a case for BLAZE which is a CRAP paint. The fields at Fox are ok... Nothing to brag about.

I understand that that comment was an opinion , as is mine.

CFD323
06-13-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey OutRage, what's the paint prices like at Badlands ? Admission fee ? Just curious as I've never played there.

warpfeedmod
06-13-2003, 10:55 AM
25$ admission to badlandz, includes all day air

BYOP so whatever you can get it for, or they have premium which is $70 a case.

CFD323
06-13-2003, 10:57 AM
How are the fields ? How's the ref's ? I hate playing where the ref's don't keep you playing constantly all day. I don't pay to go there and sit around all day. Some fields do that and I wanted to make sure that Badlands doesn't.

Is anybody from here going to Fox's big game on Sat ? I'll be down there.

pur rage
06-19-2003, 11:26 AM
HEY CFD323 how did you like the colossal brawl(big game) on june 14 & 15. we had over 300 players on sat. it was a blast to watch and see if any of the teams would use the tanks and helicopters to thier potential.

squid; i guess you will never be in business for yourself because you dont seem to understand the concept. you are a ref/player.you want to go to a field and pay about $55 a case for 2000 rds. your dreaming. but you said yourself that you work for free which also means he is not paying workmans comp on you. do you also work at the store for free also? i said earlier that when you keep overhead down you keep costs down.

ratmonkey; in order to pay $20 a case for 90+ pricing you would have to buy very cheap paint.you can find paint probably cheaper than BE paint but you get what you pay for.
we dont sell crap paint. if you go to a field and pay say $50 for 2000 rds and you break every ball, are you going to remember buying paint cheaply or buying "cheap paint".

CFD323
06-19-2003, 11:58 AM
I had a blast with only complaint being the reinsertions at the beginning of the day were a little too long in between. It allowed the opposing teams to stack up right by the reinsertion points to annihilate the reinserting team. Also, if you were unlucky enough to get shot out early you had to wait a while to get back in.

All in all, very well run as usual and a fun time. I did find it interesting that for a BYOP event Fox was selling Diablo Blaze paint $65/case whereas when it's a field paint only day that same Diablo Blaze paint goes up in price to $100/case. That tells me there's a large profit margin.

I may try Badlandz next since their paint is much cheaper, not to mention I can bring my own if I so desire. the Badlandz (http://www.buyshocktech.com/pages/badlandz/open.html)

No sKiLLz
06-19-2003, 12:16 PM
It sounds like you need to put more money into marketing your field and the sport to attract more players to cover your costs.

I'm in SoCal and out of all our fields out here there is only one I know of that requires field paint, and that's Hollywood Sports Park and I never go there (in fact, I hope they go out of business, but that's a different story altogether). For a guy who shoots 2 cases of paint on a conservative day, I can't justify paying $200 on top of entry fee and air. But I am guessing since I go 3-5 times per month, I'm exactly the kind of player you want coming to your field.

I know this is WAY out in left field, but if you concentrate on what's going to bring more players to your field instead of how to make money off the people that DO come, it might actually be more profitable in the long run.

Just a thought.

BTW, Severe "Standard" I consider decent paint for the money, and retail I can pick it up for $41/case. Maybe use that instead of Blaze.

pur rage
06-19-2003, 01:06 PM
the paint we were selling at the field was just regular retail paint from our retail store. it is event only paint so you cannot use it in regular play. you cannot find our field color paint in any store or order online. as for reinsertion it was evey 20 min. if you died 15 min into game you go to entry point, wipe off, and wait 5 min. as for a team controlling the entry point its all part of the game and we never let a team control it for 2 long. we would enter teams at the middle bridge and the judges even went as far as to escourt players into the base. the judges even rolled the tanks in and threw smoke to help the players. if you do go to badlandz tell me about your experience there.

no skillz; we could sell a cheaper paint but they do not come in a field only color. we are a field paint only field and with our own color it makes it difficult for people to sneak paint in. if people want to play with their own paint then come to team practice at fox and pay $20 a person and play on our speedball fields(soon to have sup air)there are no rentals allowed in team practice.

No sKiLLz
06-19-2003, 01:19 PM
we could sell a cheaper paint but they do not come in a field only color. we are a field paint only field and with our own color it makes it difficult for people to sneak paint in. if people want to play with their own paint then come to team practice at fox and pay $20 a person and play on our speedball fields(soon to have sup air)there are no rentals allowed in team practice.

Call Severe and ask them if they can make a special color for you, if it matters and you are willing to be flexible. I pay $10 for entry and $10 for all day air, and anyone can go in the arena. Don't take this as a personal attack or anything, but I think by requiring rec ball and first timers to pay that much money doesn't encourage new members to our game. Isn't that what's really important to everyone? I would rather see this as a mainstream sport for anyone who wants to go rather than a once or twice a year occurrance.

Besides, if everyone out by you charges for field paint, and you don't, doesn't that make you the popular one? I know you have costs, but suck it up for a bit, advertise that you don't force people to buy expensive paint, and before you know it you will have to buy more land to accomodate your guests. IMO of course.

pur rage
06-19-2003, 02:36 PM
in the past we did try lowering paint prices but we ended up losing money overall. it could have been the economy at the time but i dont think so. now as i said when i started this thread, i just manage the field. i know the field owner took eveything into consideration when he did the paint prices. in oder for us to lower say 20%( $80 case) then we need attendance to raise 15-20% as well. so far only once did we grow that much in the last 5 years. it makes sense what your saying but it actuality it didnt when we tried it b4. we do offer paint discounts as well, members get a discount; prepaid cases of 5+ or more is $85 a case. to you that is still high but in the chi-town area it is pretty good. unless you live in the middle of nowhere; where the cost of living is dirt cheap and the staff either works for free or product; paint is higher here. the refs make an average of $7.50 an hour. we pay well because would you go to a field where the staff is 13-15 years old. as for badlandz they are paint sponcered and sometimes get their paint at a "steal"

CFD323
06-19-2003, 03:05 PM
I've played there a few times in the last couple months and all the refs seem like they're very young (14-17ish) so it's not like the refs are adults.

I've played at a couple different fields north and northwest of Fox and the attendance never even compares to what Fox brings in and those fields charge $100-110/cs so if you're getting MUCH more customers, then why is the paint so high ?

The paint you sold this past weekend was event only paint but it's still just Diablo Blaze paint. Differences in shell/fill color doesn't justify a $35/cs increase in price. I could see if you were selling Blaze for $65 and Marbs for $100. There's a difference in quality which correlates in the prices of each. But Blaze is blaze, irregardless of it's color, it's still Blaze.

Now don't get me wrong cuz I really enjoy playing walk-on at Fox when I can't get enough people together to play on private property but the price of paint there is disgustingly high. I know LOTS of people who buy their own equipment and play on private property due to the excessive paint prices at fields. And to be fair, all the fields around this area have high paint prices except for Badlandz. I can only afford to buy a half case of Blaze ($55) when I go and then after a few games, I'm done for the day and I'm out $70 for paint and admission. I can play at Badlandz all day for $75(case of paint & admission), and if I choose to bring my own paint, I can, which saves me an additional $10 a day. I would gladly pay a higher admission if I could shoot my own paint.

I am sure Fox will not change their prices anytime soon but I agree with No Skillz that if you lowered paint costs you'd get more customers and those same customers would play more often. When I tell people who are interested in trying out the sport what a typical day will cost them, they immediately are turned off.

Well that's my .02

Fox still is a great field, no doubt about it. Definitely keep up the excellent customer service and good reffing that keeps the games moving along fast !

pur rage
06-19-2003, 03:46 PM
cfd323; i hope you continue to come to fox and i do (trully) understand what you are saying. we may try another blaze brand paint for cheaper but it will still be more than badlandz (most likely). have you thought about a membership from us. you get onto the field for free and 1000 rds would be $45. the membership is free if you buy a gun from our store or a $100 for a 1 year membership.$150 for lifetime mem. with a membership you would pay $85 for 2000 rds; free admission;free air(part of admission fee anyway).thats $10 more tham badlandz but alot closer and i bet you get more games in.

InfinatyBPS
06-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Isn't this post against the rules? Not sure but I heard that you can't use AO as a way to advertize:confused:

Otherwise I have to say that if thats how much I had to pay to play paintball, I'd quit or only play like every other month or so. Over here I pay like $20 for admission and $10 for air and its byop and I can get air for like $35-$50 for decent paint.

the123
06-19-2003, 05:58 PM
besides, the badlandz sucks for open game. The only reason to go there is for tournament practice.