PDA

View Full Version : MMM...Mountain Dew Live Wire

TigerMan
05-19-2003, 05:16 PM
I just had some Mountain Dew Live Wire, their new orange drink, and I got to say it was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of orange, but I do love Mountain Dew drinks so I gave it a try. Tasted kinda like Surge to me, with the orange taste though. It was pretty good. Give it a try.

Will Wood
05-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Welcome to a couple weeks ago :) Been out for a while.. and I agree, I am no orange fan, but I do like this... in fact, I hate most things orange. But livewire, isn't great, but it's pretty good.

TigerMan
05-19-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Will Wood
Welcome to a couple weeks ago :) Been out for a while.. and I agree, I am no orange fan, but I do like this... in fact, I hate most things orange. But livewire, isn't great, but it's pretty good.

Jeez don't you know how to make someone feel special, I bet your awesome with the ladies. ;)

Though it may have come out in your area few weeks ago, it didn't in mine. So this was the first chance I got, so bleh. :p

And I didn't see a thread on people trying it, so I made one. So bleh again. :p

Will Wood
05-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Except for that thread were someone won it before it was available.. and told us how it tasted :)

lol sorry if I sounded a bit rude. I'm that way alot.

dansim
05-19-2003, 06:37 PM
I LOVE LIVE WIRE.. to me it tastes like an orange flavoraid popsicle but carbonated...i gotta buy about ten cases before the end of summer

SlipknotX556
05-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Live Wire rules.

jah871
05-19-2003, 07:20 PM
I just got to try it today and it is awesome. I was trying to figure out what it tastes like and I coulnd't figure it out until I saw what Danism said. It reminds me of the orange flavorade popsicles.

BobTheCow
05-19-2003, 07:31 PM
OK, here's my predicament: I LOVE Mountain Dew... always have, always will. When they came out with Code Red, I tried it, being the loyal Mountain Dew drinker I am. However, IT WAS TERRIBLE!! It wasn't Mountain Dew anymore, and it just really didn't appeal to me. I decided from that day forward to boycott all Mountain Dew spinoffs other than the real deal.

Should I change my mind, and try out the LiveWire? I'm thinkin about buying a bottle/can anyway and keeping it for years and years, for the helluvit, since they're only producing it "summer of 2003."

Fellow Mountain Dew addicts, HELP!!!!!!!!

dansim
05-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
OK, here's my predicament: I LOVE Mountain Dew... always have, always will. When they came out with Code Red, I tried it, being the loyal Mountain Dew drinker I am. However, IT WAS TERRIBLE!! It wasn't Mountain Dew anymore, and it just really didn't appeal to me. I decided from that day forward to boycott all Mountain Dew spinoffs other than the real deal.

Should I change my mind, and try out the LiveWire? I'm thinkin about buying a bottle/can anyway and keeping it for years and years, for the helluvit, since they're only producing it "summer of 2003."

Fellow Mountain Dew addicts, HELP!!!!!!!!

dude, its like a dollar, just buy it... cripes:p

warm_machine86
05-19-2003, 08:12 PM
I think it's awesome too. Way better than code red (which is still good).

BobTheCow
05-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by dansim
dude, its like a dollar, just buy it... cripes:p
No, see, it's the PRINCIPLE of the thing!!

Plus... YEAH, it's a dollar!! I'm a high school kid, who plays paintball... A DOLLAR IS A DOLLAR!! :eek:

TigerMan
05-19-2003, 08:54 PM
You won't try the new Dew, and you callyourself a Mountain Dew fan!? You make me sick, lol jk. :p

Seriously though, if your a real fan, you need to try the stuff. Otherwise your just some radical. :eek:

darklord
05-19-2003, 10:43 PM
I tried some at work, it tastes exactly the same as a full cup of mountain dew with just a little bit of orange soda in it to turn it orange in color. Seriously, I don't see the big deal. "Only available summer 2003"... you will be missed :rolleyes:

AutomagRT1483
05-19-2003, 11:04 PM
It's only out as a trial right now. If the market is good for it, expect it to be around like Code Red is now.

Clare
05-19-2003, 11:09 PM
I tried it and didn't like it! I do love code red, though!

ubooze
05-19-2003, 11:44 PM
I don't really like normal Mtn. Dew......

But I drank a 2 liter bottle of LiveWire within one hour..... I am addicted..... and I was hyper till 7 PM next day. lol

Cryer
05-20-2003, 12:35 AM
I haven't tried it yet.

I do however like the sprite fruit remix. that stuff is good.

Blazestorm
05-20-2003, 02:29 AM
Just to let you people know there are 77.5 grams of sugar in one 20oz bottle of mountain dew livewire. around 255.75 grams of sugar in a 2 liter bottle.

COOL! :D

I bought a few bottles along with sprite remix, my store was having a special (2 for 1.50!) so I bought 6 :D

I know what to buy when going to the field now... 3 livewires should give me a little boost on the field... heh... maybe too much boost :eek:

BobTheCow
05-20-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Cryer
I do however like the sprite fruit remix. that stuff is good.
aaahhhhh *yeck* I was literally spitting that crap out after I tasted it... it was terrible!!!!! Now maybe I got a bad batch, but I doubt it. Yet another thing my picky little taste buds don't agree with. *sigh*

Fatjon
05-20-2003, 07:08 AM
I just had some the other night. I dont like regualr mountain Dew, but i like this and the code red.

Will Wood
05-20-2003, 11:02 AM
255.75 .. That's all?!? ;):)

The original will always be the best. Code Red... is growing on me, that's all one of my freinds has at her house. Livewire, while I disslike orange, isn't bad. Nothing good.

As new soda products go, I must say MD/Coke has the best. Pepsi blue, yeck. All that sprite stuff.. I don't really like it to begin with. Vanilla coke is GOOOOOD , hmm.

BobTheCow
05-20-2003, 02:13 PM
ooooohhhhhhh wow yeah forgot about vanilla coke... that stuff is gooooooood...

Blazestorm
05-20-2003, 06:20 PM
255.75 is considering the fact that the amount of ingredients is proportional :)

I just took the 20 oz bottle, divided 77.5 by 20, than found out how many grams of sugar per oz. Than since 1 liter is around 33 oz, I multipled that by 2 to get 2 liters, than multipled 66 by the first number, ended up being 255.75 :D