PDA

View Full Version : Bore and barrel question

davidnj
05-19-2003, 07:02 PM
A few weeks ago I got a ULE body for my mag. Between finals and such, I haven't had time to setup my new body. I'm finally done and will be playing soon.

Before I had the ULE, I used an All-American barrel which I really liked.

I've managed to narrow down my choices for the ULE body to a new All-American, Dye Boomstick, Dye Ultralight, Freak kit or a J&J Edge kit. Ok...so I haven't really narrowed it down at all.

While Im confident that I can't really go wrong with any of the barrels I listed, my question is this: If I got the freak and only 1 or 2 inserts, what would be the most common bore zizes? I was thinking .698 and .691.

Thanks for any help. If you have any opinions on those barrels feel free to share them.

Torbo
05-19-2003, 09:22 PM
i would say 693 and 687, if you are going for 2. It would be better to get 693, 689 and 685 though. That way you are covered no matter what paint you are useing, and it works nice with the big barrel in the summer.

davidnj
05-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Has anybody used the new 2 piece boomsticks? Was wondering if they're improved or the same as the old ones. I hate to spend over $100 on a product I cant really test ;\

askman
05-20-2003, 08:58 AM
I just bought at CP 2piece. they come in 5 bore size including, 685 and 689. If I was getting 2, I would get these two size. price was about 27.5 for back and same price for the tip plus shipping. affordable. WGP Kaner kit is another that you may want to consider...

Torbo
05-21-2003, 04:32 PM
the boomsticks are nice, but kinda overpriced. i would still go with a freak, but if you want a non adjustbale barrel, go all american. Way cheaper, shoots better too.