PDA

View Full Version : Difference between RT and RT Pro?

AFRaven
05-20-2003, 07:13 AM
The subject says it all. What is the difference between the Automag RT and the Automag RT Pro?

Patron God of Pirates
05-20-2003, 07:28 AM
The RT is a departure from the "everything interchangeable" nature of Mags. It comes with a gas through grip and integrated air line. This is nice because the hose never gets in our way or scratches your finish. It also has a much longer main body. IMHO the best looking body of the pre-slug era. The field strip screw is replaced by a banjo bolt that the gas actually runs through. And there are a number of meaningless air ports at the back of the rail. Outside of LV.10 and a specially cut Intelliframe, there aren't many upgrades for them because of the differences in the body, rail, valve, and banjo bolt.

The RT Pro took the RetroValve design and put it in a more compatible body. This way you can have RT Mini's and Classics. The Marker is much more upgradable, able to take ULE Rails, and any of the slug type bodies.

AFRaven
05-20-2003, 07:32 AM
So the regular RT cannot be upgraded with the ULE body?

Patron God of Pirates
05-20-2003, 07:37 AM
Not without replacing almost everything else. The ID of the mainbodies are different, and the RT body is cut for the Z-Lock.

AFRaven
05-20-2003, 07:38 AM
I see. Thanks for the help.

dre1919
05-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Difference between RT and RT Pro?

Resale value. :p

cphilip
05-20-2003, 03:09 PM
Ones kewl and the other is even kewler...:D

BajaBoy
05-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Also the old rt has the sear with bearings! i think thats the best part of the old rt.

personaly ide take the older one over the pro.

dre1919
05-20-2003, 03:20 PM
^^
Really? Wanna buy one? :) Because all ya'll sayin' how cool the old school RT is could certainly purchase mine from me!

~WarpedRT#2~
05-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeah, the older ones are much cooler. Way cooler body. Besides, what else do you need besides an Intelliframe, or electro-conversion? Upgradability isnt everything. Why over-upgrade when it just isn't needed?

reefer madness
05-21-2003, 03:25 AM
[i]Outside of LV.10 and a specially cut Intelliframe, there aren't many upgrades for them because of the differences in the body, rail, valve, and banjo bolt. [/B]

Intelli isnt bolt on for the clasic rt?

Lopy-slopy
05-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Basicaly the body is smaller so everything else is. I would have to agree with everyone else. It alredy is a good gun. Tom said that he would make a package deal for old school RTs so you could get a ule body and rail and an X valve. But it would function the same only be lighter. For the like 500 it would cost for all of that it's not worth it. People upgrade too much. What's the point of buying the gun if you want to change every part anyway?

Viral
05-21-2003, 01:54 PM
The biggest advantage of owning an RT pro over a classic RT is interchangability. The RT Pro has many interchangable parts with the classic mag and Emags. I own a Mag, and Emag and an original RT. If something were to go wrong with the RT on the field, I can't swap out the valve or other parts. The RT was a great idea, and I love mine, but the RT pro was the logical progression. I think Tom realized that all his guns should be a uniform size with (mostly) interchangable parts.

Though I love my RT, I would trade for an RT pro any day just to gain uniformity with my other mags.

--Viral