PDA

View Full Version : dead on short bullet drop

EsPo
05-20-2003, 06:25 PM
anyone ever used one of these.. i really just want to know if it fits on a 68/3k fiber..
http://www.countypaintball.com/product_description.asp?item=2815

yeahthatsme
05-20-2003, 07:03 PM
it should fit...i dont see why not...

EsPo
05-20-2003, 07:37 PM
well.. read the county note on one of the comments... it says it will fit co2 tanks. but that other guy said that he fit it on his nitro tank.

or somebody can suggest me a drop with on/off

SyntaxError
05-20-2003, 07:40 PM
Knockout (KO) Paintball's on/off short drop, very comfortable, high quality.

FalconGuy016
05-20-2003, 07:50 PM
DO NOT GET KAPP ON/OFF :(

EsPo
05-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by SyntaxError
Knockout (KO) Paintball's on/off short drop, very comfortable, high quality.
they have a website? how much do they go for? pic?

sneakyhacker420
05-20-2003, 09:00 PM
espo you little anal fairy, the drop should fit any tank... my SP drop fits my 68/45 just fine... but i gotta take off the nipple cover, otherwise it hits the drop... but i love it cause it puts the tank foward so that its in a very comfortable position... not to mention that it has a very low profile

enuf about my sweet SP drop... onto little espo's question... yes, it will fit your tank, but you may have fill nipple cover clearance problems like i did... just take it off when you screw the tank in and replace it once its screwed in all the way... simple fact :p

Wynken
05-21-2003, 12:28 AM
Espo,

Yeah, I wrote that "review" for County. It might easily fit on a 68k/3000. Or, it might not. It has to do with the regulator and where the both nipple & dial is placed. There is not enough room between the on/off and the drop forward. This is with the nipple cover off and the dial... dialed.

I've only actually tested this with a 47/3000 crossfire and a 68/4500 crossfire. So, it might just be crossfires.

Like I said in the review, it's usable, it's just not really easy. You have to take the on/off off of the drop-forward and screw/unscrew the tank. Then put it back on.

As for other on/off drop forwards... I don't really know. Sorry

-Wynken

AlabamaMan
05-21-2003, 12:07 PM
Two of my teamates use these. They both have crossfire tanks. A 68ci, and a 47ci.

The company says they will fit all nitro tanks. But that doesn't mean it won't take some work. Seems that both the guage, and the fill nipple are in the way when you try to screw it in. So what you have to do is take the on/off off of the drop then screw in your tank. Then put the on/off back on the drop. One of the allen screw that you have to losses is a real pain. They had to modify an allen wrench to get into the spot. It's kinda a pain to do, but neither of them tank their tanks off the gun anyway. So after the initial pain it's not that big of a deal.

xadamx
05-21-2003, 12:16 PM
system x drop and on/off are awesome, never had a fill nipple or gauge get in the way of anything. they look dead sexy too. check them out on paintballgear.com

EsPo
05-21-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
espo you little anal fairy, the drop should fit any tank... my SP drop fits my 68/45 just fine... but i gotta take off the nipple cover, otherwise it hits the drop... but i love it cause it puts the tank foward so that its in a very comfortable position... not to mention that it has a very low profile

enuf about my sweet SP drop... onto little espo's question... yes, it will fit your tank, but you may have fill nipple cover clearance problems like i did... just take it off when you screw the tank in and replace it once its screwed in all the way... simple fact :p
thanks for the info on this drop and other on/off drops sneaky[/sarcasm]

just so you know.. Dead ons website said its 'for the co2 user', the catalyst for my doubt.. so i came to AO and as always got my answer.

ANNNYWAY..

wynken- thanks, i think ill be purchasing this baby, i use a crossfire as well. As long as the on/off works decent, i wont need to unscrew the tank.

AlabamaMan
05-21-2003, 05:51 PM
LOL wynken is my team-mate didn't even see him post.

EsPo
05-21-2003, 07:42 PM
alabamaman- whaddya mean by 'modify' the allen wrench, was the wrench to small?

<--- lacks allan wrenches.

05-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Just get a Dye, CP, or Shocktech Micro drop. Check Paintballgear.com or your local proshop!

EsPo
05-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 845
Just get a Dye, CP, or Shocktech Micro drop. Check Paintballgear.com or your local proshop!
well.. thats the thing, a dye/cp/shocktech with on/off would cost.. at least double that.

AlabamaMan
05-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that the wrench wasn't long enough, on the straight side. I don't think that it would reach all the way down the hole to the set screw. But if you have a set of ball drivers or something, you should be fine.