PDA

View Full Version : Golf or Paintball

taylor492
05-20-2003, 11:46 PM
I currently work at a golf course which is cool cuz i get to play for free but it doesnt pay very much. The indoor field ive been reffin at for the past six months wants me to quit reffing and run the proshop plus ill be making about triple what i make at the golf course. Dont get me wrong id jump on this in a heart beat except for the fact that its a 35-40 minute trip one way. Not to mention my car doesnt have ac and i live in Arizona. Gas prices arent exactly cheap these days either. I live for paintball. The little checks i get at the golf course usually get spent on parts for my cocker or paint. Should i stay at the golf course and its 10 minute drive or better paying job farther away in the 100 degree heat.

Cryer
05-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Paintball! Does Gorman, Sal, or anyone else live near you? you could carpool... Or mass transit? (busses have airconditioners, right?:confused: )

If the Paintball course pays so much more, you can fix the airconditioner.:p

taylor492
05-21-2003, 12:05 AM
nope they all live on the other side of the valley...
never thought about busses...

Cryer
05-21-2003, 12:09 AM
busses may be your best bet. Check out the routes/times between you and the field. One possible downside is that quick 45 min drive in the car could become an hour 1/2 in the bus.

Digits
05-21-2003, 12:10 AM
ya.. Just take the buss untill you can afford to fix your a/c.. Then it's all good.

Smegma
05-21-2003, 01:32 AM
Matt's brain process

1. Paintball is fun
2. Take the job
3. Roll down your window

Enough said :)

M-a-s-sDriver
05-21-2003, 02:06 AM
Golf. Play golf.
MUCH harder than paintball.

Tyger
05-21-2003, 05:11 AM
Paintball is remarkably like golf.

Golfers have bunkers. We have bunkers.
Golfers have balls. WE have balls, a lot more than them.
Golfers spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on gear. WE spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on gear.
Golfers wear goofy clothing. We wear goofy clothing.
Golfers carry a bag with their stuff in it, most of which they never use. WE carry bags of stuff, most of which WE never use.
Golfers go for flags. WE go for flags.
Golfers play in all sorts of weater. WE play in all sorts of weather.
Golfers will travel hundresds of miles to play at a good course. We will travel hundreds of miles to play a good field.

And, most importantly :
Golfers have Tiger. and we have Tyger. Really. I mean it. Honestly. That's really important...

-Tyger

nuclear zombie
05-21-2003, 06:31 AM
I'm not for sure what this AC thing is , never had it in my car . I do however know what an x-mag is and I have one on order . My point is you have a chance to work selling paintball stuff and could help more kids grow through paintball and teach them to identify all of the misleading hype.

Also you may want to be careful that you don't get burnt out on paintball. (don't really know if that is possible:))

cphilip
05-21-2003, 07:45 AM
I have NEVER been to a paintball field where a realy cute chick came up to you in a Golf Cart and offered you a Beer...

No I do not even play Golf. But I am starting to wonder why.... :confused:

ShooterJM
05-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
I have NEVER been to a paintball field where a realy cute chick came up to you in a Golf Cart and offered you a Beer...

And THAT is why I play golf on Thursdays..... :D

JAM
05-21-2003, 09:14 AM
paintball,
do what you like.

dre1919
05-21-2003, 10:39 AM
^^
I agree with J, do what you like most. However, I'd go with paintball. Plus, think about this, why don't you take the bus for a short bit, then use a little money on your A/C first instead of more cocker parts? That way, you're car is fixed and you can work as much as possible for more money and parts down the road.

Good luck either way.

Micromag man!
05-21-2003, 11:30 AM
or you could just take the paintball job, sell ur cocker fix the ac with that money thn ask if u could get a discount on a gun and buy a decked mag (which is about 2x cheaper than a decked cocker) that way you dont have to spend all ur money on the cocker on upgraded parts or broken parts which ever comes first....... theres one to ponder :D :D :D

Bubonic Plauge
05-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Where in Arizona? I live in Tucson...

taylor492
05-21-2003, 08:20 PM
i live in gilbert just north of queen creek

hitech
05-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Someone needs to work on that! ;)

I say paintball field, unless you really like golf.

Yes, paintball and golf are a lot alike. They both cost a fortune!