PDA

View Full Version : ule trigger into an emag (smaller solenoid/battery)

darc
05-21-2003, 05:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to add a ULE trigger mechanism into an emag? I was hoping the lessened pull would allow the use of a lower powered solenoid (and a lighter/smaller battery pack).

Kevmaster
05-21-2003, 06:48 AM
good thought....although im guessing it wont fit because of the board and solenoid

Jonno06
05-21-2003, 06:52 AM
do you mean just the trigger itself...or part of the trigger mechanism inside of the gun?

Kevmaster
05-21-2003, 07:02 AM
he means the mechanism so that the solenoid and battery can shrink..if its possible...

cphilip
05-21-2003, 07:30 AM
I do not think there would be any reasonable relief to the selenoid because its not in a mechanical mode here at this point. The reason for that selenoid being the size it is happens to be so that it will drive the motion and delay of the sear dependably without energy loss from heat build up to the Seleniod. Its energy produced to do all the other motions is still the same. I have no information that the sear release and relock up energy while in Emode would be reduced significantly from this mod. It would still take the same energy to rock that sear. And that is triggered to happen by the proximity of the HES to the magnet not the trigger rod. The amount of finger wieght it takes to make that sear drop off the edge of the bolt in manual mode is a totaly different thing because the trigger rod is used then. So I suspect this would not change things while in emode. NOTICE>>>>Thats just a guess though. Because I do not know the specifics of this new lighter trigger. But just deducing from that standpoint it would not affect how much energy it takes to make those motions happen in between in emode and so it would not reduce the power needed for it in emode. Again just trying to visualize what that trigger system may be so realy its all speculation on my part.

Tom puts that selenoid in there for reliablility. And that reliability would most likely still need to be there in emode. However could this mod be adapted to the Emag for Manual mode? I have no idea since I do not know what is changed in there.

Paintchucker
05-21-2003, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a hyperframe to me...

Hexis
05-21-2003, 10:47 AM
The UL trigger I tried was on Tom's XMag in manual mode. So yes, it works in emags, well in at least one part of it's development.

Personally I'm all for it helping in emode. But not at the cost of a redesign. Gimme a bigguns battery and solenoid for reliability. I'm all for that. I'll put one in my ReTro Minimag and EMag just to have the same feel on both.

Evil Bob
05-21-2003, 01:40 PM
The key phrase that Tom used:

"It will fit into 99% of the mags out there"

This includes Emags, Xmags, classics, RT's, RT Pros...

-Evil Bob

rehme
05-21-2003, 04:23 PM
well what is the other 1%

benchmark

or

Dye

which one ;)