PDA

View Full Version : XValve Full Auto Mode

Strider
05-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Ok, latest problem from my last trip to the field. :)

As my Emag valve went down, I was going to use my buddies XValve. So, we swap On/Off assemblies and I slap it in. Gas up, pull trigger - FULL AUTO! :D

Ok, checked LX, good fit, proper spacing. My flatline is set to aprox 800 - 850. I put it back in his Mag, with his tank, same thing.

As long as the trigger isn't pulled, it sits nice and inocently quiet. Pull the trigger, full auto.

What might this be? I don't believe were missing any o-rings...

Dayspring
05-21-2003, 12:42 PM
On/off pin lengths are different.

Strider
05-21-2003, 01:40 PM
I tried both the emag and XValve pins, in both markers.

More to the point, his pin in his mag body is full auto. Wasn't like that last month. :)

einhander619
05-21-2003, 06:29 PM
stay away from tournies and have a blast!

Blazestorm
05-21-2003, 07:52 PM
Bingo. Tell them its the x-valve with your special AGD tank :D

if they complain, just tap the trigger to get 2-3 shot bursts :D

BlackVCG
05-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Make sure you're fully tightening the field strip screw with an allen wrench.

Strider
05-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Nice and snug Black. :) I will admit to not using an allen wrench, but my fingers are strong...

A tap from this trigger would be closer to six shots! :eek:

Hmmm, I should see if the Halo keeps up. :D

yagrmiestr
05-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Sounds like your on/off is not sealing when you pull the trigger. Take a look at the o-rings in the top of the on/off. Check their condition and make sure you swap them when you swapped the on/off assemblies. Black Quad oring goes with emag on/off and the small white o-ring goes with the standard on/off. (The larger outer o-rings should be the same.)

LittlePaintballBoy
05-26-2003, 01:06 PM
i had a retro valve on my dads gun and it was totally sweet spotting, kinda the same problem.

Strider
05-30-2003, 09:44 AM
I'll check the O-Rings, though I think I did check them before. I knew about the oring swaping part. :)

I'm not getting sweetspotting, I'm getting Full Auto. Anywhere past the start of the triggerpull goes.

Dave
05-30-2003, 10:37 AM
ok, if you pull the trigger ALL the way back, and hard, and hold it,(much to the effect of chronoing the RT) does it still go full auto with the trigger pulled ALL the way back and not moving? Or is the full auto only when you ride the trigger, and give it just enough pressure to fire? If it fires full auto when you pull it hard and hold it, my best bet is that it is an o-ring situation in the on/off. If if only goes full auto when you ride the trigger...could be on/off pin, o-rings, sear, etc. Something to check is the trigger rod...make sure it's stickin' out far enough to make complete shots. Try a nice n' healthy ReTro on/off pin...there could be a chance both are Emag pins...who knows?

-Dave

Strider
05-30-2003, 11:32 AM
- Full auto when held back hard. Or when slightly pulling.

- Not the trigger rod, we've tried multiple marker setups, all produced the same result.

- The pins were definatly different, I could see the difference.

Well, more things to check next outting...

BajaBoy
05-31-2003, 05:59 PM
try a longer spring on the lx. put the input to about 750 and try it then.

short spring/800 input made my rt go crazy.. so i Had to use a bigger spring