PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everybody...Guess what I found out???!!

DiRTyBuNNy
05-22-2003, 12:55 PM
I just got off the phone with Extreme Rage (because I have nothing else to do at work) and found out that they are NOT going to make anymore Omega Rails...why, you ask? Well..it seems like a Rob from NJ bought all of the rails they had and bought the design from them. He mentioned something about Rob wanting to make custom markers and wouldn't sell them separate. So..for all you people who think that the rails are rare or hard to find..they're not..anyone who tells you that is a liar...but Rob from NJ...he's the man with the master plan...;) ;) ;)

Dayspring
05-22-2003, 12:57 PM
Gee... Wonder who that Rob could be. ;)

cphilip
05-22-2003, 02:00 PM
To be more precise and be sure you do not give the wrong impression...

He bought what he could find AFTER they had stopped making them and that is when he found out they would not be anymore when he tried to buy a few for his custom marker business.

So they told you wrong on that part. They had already quit.

And he has been selling them seperate and still is. So they wrong again. Or maybe you got something wrong?

This was the last manufacturer who did make anything other than stock and he needed them to make his custom markers. And there was not realy that many of them to be rounded up. So he kinda HAD to track down what he could find and get them as he knew he would not have anymore. And he is now FORCED to consider making his own to continue after that batch is out. If there is to be anything other than stock. Remember Benchmark quit making them a long while back. Tom announced that here. So there is no after market rail for the mags anymore being produced. So they are rare and still continue to be. So if he does start making some then there will maybe be a limited market for them. Perhaps. But others have not done so well in that respect or they would still BE making them...Wouldn't you think? ;)

So just so you know realy how it went down...

And often he told all here (for the last two months as a matter of fact) and many others told you (me included) that there were no more Omega rails outside of what he had and perhaps a few undiscoverd ones in pro shops we do not know of. So that was no secret either. So I am not sure what you think is new here.

Thats the facts.

la690
05-22-2003, 02:59 PM
i saw one in a pro shop the other day. it was $85.

cphilip
05-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Yes and Jeff (Paintballdaddy) out in California told me he had three a month back... So there are just a few lurking around in the further reaches. But people know they are scarce.

DiRTyBuNNy
05-22-2003, 03:11 PM
Well, then maybe Rob in NJ may want to contact Extreme Rage and tell them to get their facts straight...and just because they are no longer produced does not automatically make them rare. Someone may need to pass on the definitions for both rare and discontinued to those who keep insisting that the Omega Rails are indeed "rare." From what was told to me by ER , unless he intends on blowing them out, he should not have a problem keeping them in stock for quite a while (or just start producing them himself) because of the supposed "limited market" for these rails.

cphilip
05-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
Well, then maybe Rob in NJ may want to contact Extreme Rage and tell them to get their facts straight...

I am pretty sure he will!

But realy who cares what they are saying?
I realy could care less if they want to say that. I have no idea why that would benefit them or why they would care. They made the desicion to do not make them. And that was based on economics and demand I suppose.

Again my point was and still is there are no more being made. Rare? Scarce? Whatever you want to use is fine with me. But then agian their are no more Corvairs or DoDo Birds being made niether. Some care and some don't. The Birds I realy miss. The Corvair not so much... ;)