PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: most n00b-friendly field in NJ/east PA?

theraidenproject
05-23-2003, 09:29 PM
I need to know, for tomorrow morning, what the best field in central NJ/eastern central PA (around Bucks County) is to take a first-timer to paintball. My normal field is Top Gun, but they cater more to experienced players. Thank you very much in advance.
To the mods - I know Meet & Greet would probably be more appropriate, but I need to know for tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Mango
05-23-2003, 09:43 PM
Fireball Mountain - North Hanover location!

www.fireballmountain.com

enjoy! :D

I would say On Target in Pemberton but they often attract experienced players. FBM would be your best bet.

magman007
05-24-2003, 12:57 AM
bucks county? Know where pottstown is? go on over to Poco Loco. www.pocolocopaintball.com

very newb friendly, great little field, expensive, but great field. Ive played there numerous times with my school, and its been a great experience for them. They fill air, as well as hae rentals etc. go to pocoloco!

edit, first link was to a pottery place!

BajaBoy
05-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Jackfrost
www.jfbb.com

its a great place to just have fun.

Toxic Dave
05-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Cousins in Manchester NJ is VERY noob friendly.

dave

Thordic
05-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Skirmish.

Fireball mountain SOUTH is newb friendly, fireball mountain north is the anti-newb.

I think skirmish is good though. Expensive, but the fields are good enough to get a new guy addicted to the sport.

1stdeadeye
05-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Check out On Target Paintball (http://www.ontargetpaintball.com) !

They do have experienced players, but they usually play speedball seperately from the walk-ons. The walk-on groups are very newb friendly with a good variety of fields to play. Plus it is BYOP!

Have fun!

theraidenproject
05-24-2003, 04:55 PM
We ended up going to FBM North Hanover, since when I went to bed last night, Spraying Mango's was the only post. When I get there, it turned out to be the same place I went for my first time. For some reason I thougt the field was north.
We were the only ones there til maybe 11 am, so we played 1 on 1, and I took it easy on him. He actually got me out a couple times, and he was one of the best first-timers I've ever seen. My Emag worked great, it was the first time I got to take it on the field. My pro-connect broke and I somehow was getting shootdown at anything over 7 bps, but I didn't notice it unless I was really hammering on the trigger, because we played with and against two groups of noobies. I was asked several times if my Emag was "a machine gun" or "an automatic". I would get at least 3 out a game, but they were good enough to keep it fun for me and them. The only thing was my team didn't move up too much, and I found myself exposed sometimes because I was too far up for help. For once, I stayed in the whole game more times than I was eliminated. Anyway, the guy I went with loved it and is hooked. I'll try to hook him on mags after he plays some more. I'm predicting the standard Tippmann phase for him starting out.