PDA

View Full Version : Man...king of his castle?

aaron_mag
05-24-2003, 08:44 AM
My wife has been remodeling the basement kitchen (painting, wall papering, etc) and just informed me last night that cleaning the paintball equipment in there is now off limits! I now get to use the utility room/laundry room sink!

Her next step will be to ban the paintball stuff to the garage and I'll have to use the hose to clean it.:D I warned her that I was going to report her to AO but that threat didn't seem to work.:p

King of his castle....yeah right......:)

Darkling
05-24-2003, 09:12 AM
"A man who says he is in control of his house, lies about other things, too."

;) :D

1stdeadeye
05-24-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
My wife has been remodeling the basement kitchen (painting, wall papering, etc) and just informed me last night that cleaning the paintball equipment in there is now off limits! I now get to use the utility room/laundry room sink!

Her next step will be to ban the paintball stuff to the garage and I'll have to use the hose to clean it.:D I warned her that I was going to report her to AO but that threat didn't seem to work.:p

King of his castle....yeah right......:)

Ha,ha,ha! I should have figured you were whipped!:p

Me, I put my foot down and told my wife I would use whatever room I pleased. She told me that was fine, so long as it was my workshop in the basement! :D I won, didn't I?:confused: :eek:

Python14
05-24-2003, 01:13 PM
::makes whip crack noises::

Jack_Dubious
05-24-2003, 01:39 PM
http://www.nmi.uga.edu/students/sstewart/seanmart/pants.jpg
^^^^^^What Aarons wife is wearing. :D

JDub

aaron_mag
05-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Ha,ha,ha! I should have figured you were whipped!:p

Me, I put my foot down and told my wife I would use whatever room I pleased. She told me that was fine, so long as it was my workshop in the basement! :D I won, didn't I?:confused: :eek:

I'll take a lesson from your manliness and put my foot down as well!:p And that isn't the only thing that needs to change! Ever since I got married I can't find ANYTHING. I'll search all over the darn house looking for where I put my shoes and finally find them in the darn closet. Furthermore I have noticed that all of my bachelor furniture has slowly disappeared over the years until NONE of it is left! That darn couch was comfortable! Sheesh....man is a simple animal. I would be happy in a studio apartment with a closet for my paintball gear Now I've got this stupid thing called a yard that needs to be managed etc. Like I care about that stupid landscaping....:D

Kevmaster
05-24-2003, 04:07 PM
this is what I have to look forward too.....aah!

aaron_mag
05-24-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster

If you have ever seen Kramer's description of married life on Seinfeld he pretty much nailed it...."and you can forget eating dinner in front of the TV because that is Supper Time. You have to ask how her day was and she has to ask how your day was...."

That was hilarious. In the end, however, it is good. If only I could get her into paintball. She has been twice but doesn't like it that much. She isn't bad either. The first time she took out my brother, myself, and another friend of mine out and won the game when she was the last player left on the other team. The last time she played she snuck up and got the flag only to be lit up by a buddy of mine who was on HER team! Man did she give him some verbal abuse:D.

According to her the reason she doesn't like it is because she doesn't like getting dirty! Can you believe that? Doesn't like camping anymore because she doesn't like sleeping on the ground and needs her morning shower! Sheesh...:)

1stdeadeye
05-24-2003, 04:28 PM

I'll take a lesson from your manliness and put my foot down as well!:p And that isn't the only thing that needs to change! Ever since I got married I can't find ANYTHING. I'll search all over the darn house looking for where I put my shoes and finally find them in the darn closet. Furthermore I have noticed that all of my bachelor furniture has slowly disappeared over the years until NONE of it is left! That darn couch was comfortable! Sheesh....man is a simple animal. I would be happy in a studio apartment with a closet for my paintball gear Now I've got this stupid thing called a yard that needs to be managed etc. Like I care about that stupid landscaping....:D

Like I said, whipped!:p

Now if you will excuse me I have to go and plant two azalea bushs in the flower bed for my wife!;)

I do know what you mean though. I saved some of my furniture. It's in the garage. The workshop is all mine though. As for the beach house, not one darn thing there was picked by me (except for the location of the house ;) )

There are some perks though. I don't have to clean up when my parents come to visit as my wife is a neat freak! Also Aaron nights aren't as lonely anymore are they!:confused: :confused: :eek: ;)

aaron_mag
05-24-2003, 08:23 PM
I do know what you mean though. I saved some of my furniture. It's in the garage. The workshop is all mine though. As for the beach house, not one darn thing there was picked by me (except for the location of the house ;) )

Wha???? Explain to her that a beach house is not supposed to be pretty. They are supposed to be rustic with crappy 1970s furniture and shag carpet so it doesn't matter when you come in with sand and salt water all over you!

There are some perks though. I don't have to clean up when my parents come to visit as my wife is a neat freak! Also Aaron nights aren't as lonely anymore are they!:confused: :confused: :eek: ;)

Yes the not doing laundry anymore is pretty darn nice....except for the fact that all the clothes I like seem to disappear. I was eventually going to fit in those jeans again!!! Just need to lose like 20 pounds and I would have been able to squeeze back into them.:D

As for the other part who is to say my nights were ever lonely before? ;) Oh who am I kidding...they can still get lonely after buying the latest paintball gadget from AGD. Wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't got rid of the comfortable bachelor couch....:D

FactsOfLife
05-24-2003, 09:33 PM

And that isn't the only thing that needs to change! Ever since I got married I can't find ANYTHING.

oh man this is SO true....

BobTheCow
05-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
*sniffle* ditto... I think I'll go twiddle my thumbs and whittle away the rest of my teenage years in utter hopelessness, as my pitiful fate seems already sealed... :confused:

1stdeadeye
05-25-2003, 12:54 PM

Wha???? Explain to her that a beach house is not supposed to be pretty. They are supposed to be rustic with crappy 1970s furniture and shag carpet so it doesn't matter when you come in with sand and salt water all over you!

The furniture is pretty neutral. The problem is those little damn art galleries on the OC, NJ boardwalk. She must buy like 5 to 10 pieces a year for the house of ugly overpriced crap! I wouldn't mind if she worked and it was her money, but as her job is a Stay at Home Mommy, all of the money is hers! I get an allowance for my paintball gear.

aaron_mag
05-25-2003, 02:19 PM
She must buy like 5 to 10 pieces a year for the house of ugly overpriced crap! I wouldn't mind if she worked and it was her money,

See that ring on her finger? It is her money as well.:D Plus I'm sure she brings up the pain of child birth issue to shut you up when she really needs to open up on you with the big guns;)

but as her job is a Stay at Home Mommy, all of the money is hers! I get an allowance for my paintball gear. [/B]

And you say that I'm whipped.:rolleyes: I only have to slowly embezzle money and hide it in a rarely used shoe to hide my major paintball purchases. At this rate I'll be able to afford an SFL Emag and a trip to Shatnerball in 20 years. Hope Shatner will still be alive by then...:)

1stdeadeye
05-25-2003, 02:26 PM
I only post stuff like that because the wife is never on AO. AM I hate to be the one to say this, but all men are whipped when married!

What you need grasshopper is to learn to turn the guilt game around. Works for me. I traded a trip to Vegas for an X-Mag. Win-Win for me!

Hint on saving up money: Open an individual checking account. Send the statements to your office. Deposit all of your expense checks into it and voila-instant slush/paintball fund!;)

aaron_mag
05-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Bwa ha ha ha....you think my wife is that STUPID! She is one of the most anal people I know. She keeps files on everything including the expenses during my business trips. Slush funds are not a possibility. She is also immune to guilt trips. I can relate to overpriced nick nacks. Her fetish is remodeling every room in the house (and I mean remodeling again when she doesn't like it). We can't just live in the stupid thing...

Now her current project holds some promise as she is remodeling the basement to rent out. I've stated my request to rent it out to young good looking college age women but she doesn't seem to like that idea too much:D.

Besides when I finish with my RT (ULE body already purchased, next Powerlyte Speedline barrel, ULE trigger when Tom finishes it, and finally upgrade to Flatline air) all you miserable electros will fear my marker. :p :p

1stdeadeye
05-25-2003, 04:31 PM
She is one of the most anal people I know.
Lucky guy! :confused: :eek: ;)

She keeps files on everything including the expenses during my business trips. Slush funds are not a possibility. She is also immune to guilt trips. I can relate to overpriced nick nacks. Her fetish is remodeling every room in the house (and I mean remodeling again when she doesn't like it). We can't just live in the stupid thing...

Get more creative then! ;)

Now her current project holds some promise as she is remodeling the basement to rent out. I've stated my request to rent it out to young good looking college age women but she doesn't seem to like that idea too much:D.

That sounds great. Remember use logic. A co-ed will probably have mommy and daddy paying the rent, so no dead beat problem. Girls are neater so the place stays nice and clean. Girls smell better, so the place won't smell like socks. Your idea seems perfectly reasonable to me!

Besides when I finish with my RT (ULE body already purchased, next Powerlyte Speedline barrel, ULE trigger when Tom finishes it, and finally upgrade to Flatline air) all you miserable electros will fear my marker. :p :p

Which would you rather I lite you up with, my X-Mag or Level 10 R/T w/Intelliframe and Warp feed? Lose lose for you!:p

aaron_mag
05-25-2003, 08:17 PM
That sounds great. Remember use logic. A co-ed will probably have mommy and daddy paying the rent, so no dead beat problem. Girls are neater so the place stays nice and clean. Girls smell better, so the place won't smell like socks. Your idea seems perfectly reasonable to me!

You see...men are so practical and reasonable. Despite your flawed political beliefs your argument above is eminently logical.

Not that it matters. My years of charming maidens are long behind me. I have now reached the "can I help you sir?" age.:):p

Which would you rather I lite you up with, my X-Mag or Level 10 R/T w/Intelliframe and Warp feed? Lose lose for you!:p

Are you going to make it to Shatnerball since you it is within driving distance for you? I might make it if I happen to get a job on the east coast that is around the same time.

1stdeadeye
05-25-2003, 08:43 PM

You see...men are so practical and reasonable. Despite your flawed political beliefs your argument above is eminently logical.[

Ah, but I am an Enigma. I am a hawk, I am fiscally conservative, yet socially moderate/liberal. I just don't like the FRENCH! ;)

Not that it matters. My years of charming maidens are long behind me. I have now reached the "can I help you sir?" age.:):p

Don't I know it! :(

Are you going to make it to Shatnerball since you it is within driving distance for you? I might make it if I happen to get a job on the east coast that is around the same time.

I don't know if I am allowed. We always spend Labor Day Weekend at the shore with my whole family. That kept me from going last year. EMR is close enough to drive to, but I am not sure!

I will be at AO NJ day III in Northern NJ. If you get a job in the New York area around that time, come! Check out the thread in the Meet & Greet section!

BTW, You did not like my joke above about you being so LUCKY! ;)

aaron_mag
05-25-2003, 09:25 PM
BTW, You did not like my joke above about you being so LUCKY! ;)

Yes I got it....I just chose to ignore it.:D

than205
05-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Those of you with man caves should not complain.
At my house. No cellar. No garage.
I built a shed some time back. I can't get into it.