PDA

View Full Version : HALO A upgrade?

TheJester
05-24-2003, 03:37 PM
I got an offer for a brand new HALO A for $90. I was about to order a HALO B w/ clear shells anyway ($120), would it be worth buying the A for $90 then sending it in for the upgrade? I plan on calling on tuesday, but i figured i could at least get a preliminary answer here, or you guys might know a trick or 2 on what to say.

Timmee
05-24-2003, 04:20 PM
I'm currently awaiting the return of my Halo, after sending it in for the B upgrade (although I opted not to get new shells).

FutureMagOwner
05-24-2003, 04:32 PM
30 for the upgrade then 10 for new software(unless they do that all in one) and then whatever the rip drive is if you want it and 20 for new shells so math time

110- for the upgrade
120- brandnew halob

cphilip
05-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Someone is having some math problems seems to me...

Why would you pay the same for a used one when you had to ship in and have that done and if I am not mistaken you will still have to pay the shipping to you even on the new one?

Anyway $90 + $30 is $120 and then PLUS any shipping costs...

$120 Plus shipping for new one?

So.... Well you think about it.

Paintchucker
05-24-2003, 06:33 PM
If you wanted a different shell color, since the Halo A is probably black, it would be $90 + 50 + and then some shipping... It would be a good deal if you could talk them into HaloA for $75 :)

rehme
05-24-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
30 for the upgrade then 10 for new software(unless they do that all in one) and then whatever the rip drive is if you want it and 20 for new shells so math time

110- for the upgrade
120- brandnew halob

no the new software is included with the upgrade.

the rip drive i think it is not and cost a extra 30 dollars

TheJester
05-24-2003, 07:42 PM
ok, what about this....would it even be worth while upgrading to the B? what are the differences between the A and B? yes, i would prefer clear shells, but i'm not gonna be all that picky when i can save myself some cash.

BajaBoy
05-24-2003, 07:45 PM
just get a brandnew one.. no hasle

FutureMagOwner
05-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Someone is having some math problems seems to me...

hey i was in a rush! anyway what the point is its cheaper to get the b pretty much and you get to choose your own color and im sure if you dug around you could probably get it for less than 120

TheJester
05-24-2003, 08:50 PM
i think he was refering to me w/ the math problems

cphilip
05-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by TheJester
i think he was refering to me w/ the math problems

hehe... Gotcha! :D

No I think it was Futuremag...

FutureMagOwner
05-24-2003, 08:59 PM
yeah i think he was refering to my inability to add 9 and 3 and to attach a 0 on the end result to produce 120

cphilip
05-24-2003, 10:51 PM
Just raggin ya Future. You know I love ya bud! :D

BobTheCow
05-24-2003, 11:04 PM
Even before deciphering all that "math," it's obvious you should go with the brand-new B.

- You can't get ripped off from a possible bad trader (like I did :( )

- You won't have the chance of seeing how a $90 blender performs atop your marker by using an A model (another mistake I made)

- Although not essential, you get a choice of cool colors. And of course you'll get the new software, and the choice of RipDrive... ALL AT ONCE!! No hassle, no excessive shipping fees... buying a B with whatever you want, NEW, will definitely be cheaper and easier... seems like a fairly simple choice to me!!

.bolink
05-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Or you can buy a completely broken Halo A from some dork at the field for 5 dollars...thats right 5 dollars. Essentially I paid 60 bucks and have a brand new Halo B.

BobTheCow
05-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by .bolink
Or you can buy a completely broken Halo A from some dork at the field for 5 dollars...thats right 5 dollars. Essentially I paid 60 bucks and have a brand new Halo B.
Thank god for stupid people. We'd really all be a lot worse off without them!! :D

Haha unfortunately, the exact OPPOSITE thing happened to me... I paid nearly a hundred dollars for (the guy claimed) a black HALO B. What I got, however, was an A model, with messed up shell. So I had to get the fifty dollar upgrade for upgrade + new shell, meaning I ended up paying $140 for a B. :(

This wasn't to discourage you Jester... good luck with the HALO, it's a great product!!