PDA

View Full Version : mag owners HELP

MedicBanks
05-24-2003, 03:52 PM
I have two Classic Mags with problems, both have had a parts kit put in them:

Mag #1:

when you gas it up it leaks gas out the barrel, if you put CO2 on it you'd think it was a fire ext.

Mag #2:

when you gas it up it will shoot fine when you shoot about once every second, anythink more than that and the trigger starts sticking and eventually just starts making a burping sound when you pull the trigger

any ideas would be great, both mags have one star left on the valve but i don't want to send them in unless i have to.

Blazingace
05-24-2003, 04:11 PM
If you are using CO2 you might be freezing the o-rings and that would cause your leak. Degas the gun, oil it and try using an anti-syphon tank or an expansion chamber/ remote coil combo. The gun cycles fast enough to suck liquid CO2 into it.

The second problem might be starving the gun. Is this the same gun? Are you running High Pressure air on the second one if it is? If it is the same gun the freezing might starve the gun. Once again an expansion chamber/remote coil combo might help with that too.

MedicBanks
05-24-2003, 04:47 PM
both guns are having the problems with co2 and hpa.

Lee
05-24-2003, 08:53 PM
same bolts in each one? are they stock bolts? try experimenting with different power tube spacers.

askman
05-25-2003, 01:14 AM
on first market, replace the powertube O ring. that should fix it.

There are several length of power tube spacer, you can tune the trigger using different spacers.. sounds like you may need a shorter one on the second marker..

athomas
05-25-2003, 08:51 PM
First mag requires a shorted power tube spacer to stop the leak.

Second mag may need a new bolt spring or a longer power tube spacer. Also check the ASA to see if the pin is actually compressing too much or not enough in the bottle.