PDA

View Full Version : 68 automag updates

runaway
05-25-2003, 06:39 AM
I bought my automag about 12 years ago and have never made any changes to it. It is now leaking air and I am wondering if the parts available will work on my gun. When I bought it I was told it was form the first shipments of the guns. The number on the valve assembly is CE00861. If anyone can let me know I can fix the air leaks.

trutle
05-25-2003, 07:02 AM
check your o-rings (if you never had to fix those in 12 years, your either very lucky or take very good care of your mag).

Originally posted by runaway
wondering if the parts available will work on my gun. When I bought it I was told it was form the first shipments of the guns. The number on the valve assembly is CE00861. If anyone can let me know I can fix the air leaks.

I am pretty sure the mag hasn't changed much since it's birth so (I'm guessing) that all parts available now will fit your gun that was made then :).

runaway
05-25-2003, 07:06 AM
do you know if the valve has changed and the o rings will work? The kit I was looking at was for the 68 and the mini mag and I haven't kept up with an type of techical changes (it it ain't broke don't fix it)

Omicron
05-25-2003, 08:52 AM
The only thing that has changed (I think...) is the powertube spring to the powertube spacer, and possibly the removable powertube (this one won't cause any problems). Just get a parts kit and change out all the orings and see what happens.

runaway
05-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys, I bought a repair kit changed the o-rings and it works like a champ again.