PDA

View Full Version : Weird DSL problem

AssassN
05-25-2003, 11:10 AM
I just switched from DSL to cable and it works fine except some sties won't go. I can't get to Planetside.com or hotmail.com. I also can't play planetside.

I checked my settings and I don't know why it wouldn't work. I think it's weird that some sites work and some don't.

Any ideas?

Also how do i get to MSDOS mode on Windows ME? I did the accesories and go to the prompt menu thing but i can't reformat from there because windows is still on.

cheetah256
05-25-2003, 12:01 PM
i don't know about your DSL, but i can tell you that microsoft hasn't included DOS in any windows version later than 98...

Kevmag
05-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Command prompt => start menu => run => type cmd or command

while you're at the prompt type:

ping www.hotmail.com

this will tell you whether you are reaching hotmail server. If it times out 4x with no response you are not reaching it. If you get a response, I would assume there is some setting on your computer that is stopping you from getting there.

AssassN
05-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Woah everything works now. Well thanks for help. ALso BTW computers come with MSDOS because I've been in it with XP I just don't remember how I did it.

e mag
05-25-2003, 06:05 PM
they dont come with a "real" dos (windows still runs in the background), unless it was installed seperatly. maybe you mean cmd prompt?