PDA

View Full Version : Constant Venting through my HPA tank

SG Avenger
05-25-2003, 02:48 PM
--Minor Edits--

I woke up this morning with hopes of going out to a field to play, but the weather ruined it.

So I took apart my minimag and was going to check some wear on the trigger. I figured i'd lube it through again just for kicks. [Lubed the On/Off] I piece it back together, and reconnect my PMI 68/3000 Nitro tank and for a second it works fine, the trigger pin tightens up, and then Blamo, it starts venting from the release valve where the tank connects to. There is a picture below.

The tank is new, I just purchased it yesterday, where i had no troubles using it, nor throughout the day. Did I clog something up? or did I just pick up a lemon tank?

[I made another atempt at it, where i was able to gas it up, and take one shot, before it blew again]

tmnothing
05-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Is it leaking out of the fill nipple on the tank? I'm not quite sure where you're saying it's leaking from. I have a PMI 68/3000 and it leaks out of the fill nipple from time to time, even though it's brand new. When it does leak though, its very very slight. I wouldnt even notice it if the nipple cover didnt fly off.

Anyway.. if you're leaking directly from the tank or the tank reg you should contact where you bought it from, especially since you said you just bought it recently. If you're leaking from the gun be more specific and we will help you out.

SG Avenger
05-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Actually your marker doesn't look all the much differant than mine, function wise.

That little pin hole at the base of the pistol grip, where the air tank attatches. That is where it vents from. [and i dont mean leak, it straight up BLOWS out full force]

At first it powers up like normal, it feels fine, after a few seconds it blows, and the tighter i fasten it, the faster it vents.

I tried hooking my old co2 container to it, but there isnt enough juice left in it to make a comparison.

http://www.avenger.net/images/mmag.jpg

ugabiged88
05-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Replace the tank o-ring

CMDane
05-26-2003, 11:07 PM
I had something close to the same problem with my wife's RT classic this afternoon. Her ASA set-up is close to yours, no on-off, it's a "screw the tank in as quick as possible to keep from cutting the o-ring" operation. First, take a good look at the o-ring. If there is *any* damage, replace it. Next, what seemed to help me out is to put a drop of lube on the o-ring and another on the threads. That allows the o-ring to shift a bit easier, but still makes a good seal. Threading the tank inside the ASA is also quicker, as you are not having to overcome the friction between the tank threads and the ASA threads caused by the HPA entering the ASA and pushing back. Give it a shot.

Charles

Blazestorm
05-26-2003, 11:28 PM
replace it no matter what... that's the only reason it's doing it. If it keeps doing it, add another o-ring inside of the asa to help seal better :)

I've had this problem in the past, even with brand new o-rings. :D

SG Avenger
05-27-2003, 06:46 AM
It is a brand new o-ring so i'll have to get it checked out tomorow.. Thanks for all your help so far.