PDA

View Full Version : The cops were good to me, for once

Automaggin2
05-25-2003, 11:54 PM
Well, i was on my way home from my girlfriends house tonight, it was around midnight, and i was going down a road, i thought the speed limit was 35 so i was goin 38, and then i see a cop and he starts followin me and pulls me over and says im going 38 in a 25 zone, and im like o i thought it was 35 cause this is a major road, and he goes no because its residential (it doesnt look very residential, like a few houses around), and then he asks for my liscense and registration and insurance card, it took me forever to find my registation, i kept pullin out expired cards, so like 5 minutes later i find it and the cop was actually pleasent and was patient with me, so he goes back to his car and is in there for like 10 minutes, and im like "damn, im screwed, hes writin me a ticket" then he comes back out and hands me a piece of paper that says warning, so he didnt give me a ticket. he could have nailed me for speeding and for driving past curfew (you cant drive past 1130 if your 17 in new jersey).

All the times the cops have hassled me, pulled me over while on foot, searched me, it was worth it.

Smegma
05-26-2003, 01:39 AM
Cops are nice people, its not their fault that they have to be mean (not usually); i would get tired of having to put up with the same ignorant people everyday too (not you, just in general).

Im glad you didnt get a ticket, my mom would kill me if i got a ticket. When i do get pulled over, its enivetable the way i drive, i will just treat the officer with the respect that he deserves and ask for a break, it might be my day.

Gitaroo Man
05-26-2003, 01:45 AM
same thing happened to me

satin (not satan)
05-26-2003, 01:56 AM
always people at my school are bashing on the cops and what not. hey they are not looking to get you in trouble it is a matter of public safty

Gitaroo Man
05-26-2003, 02:12 AM
every cop i've heard about has been nice a let my friends go...i don't understand why people hate them so much....it's only the highway patrol...

edweird
05-26-2003, 06:23 AM
what I dont get is these people that set the speeds....

I mean there are these major roads in phoenix that are like 6+1 lanes and they have us going 35 - 40 on them.... wtf is up with that?

I remember living in wisconsin where a speedlimit under 55 was unheard of, even for single lane dirt roads. If you were stupid enough to go 55 on a hairpin its not the states fault, its called natural selection.

a couple years I got damn near arrested for going 57 in a 35. I cant say the $125ish ticket really changed dammit about the way I drive, I just watch the heck out for cops more and keep it capped at 15ish over

sps16
05-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Don't get used to it, the po is not to be trusted

lvl10mag
05-26-2003, 03:02 PM
This has nothing to do with speeding but it has to do with cops.

ok i'm only 17 but i will be 18 in a few months. Me and my friends were walking home from the field one night. its was about 11:00 or soo but i didnt have my whip back from the shop soo we walked. we had all our gear and everything and were walking up this busy road . Nobody was out ,only a few cars around .A cop went flyin by and slammed on has brakes and did a u turn and motored back up too us. He got out of the car and told us to put our "weapons and gear down" soo we did. I asked what was up and he said there were reports of kids with paintball guns running around the town shooting everything up i guess. We all were playing at the field and werent out shooting stuff. We all denied his claim but he called backup and took all 7 of us to the station. The cop said we were looking at fines and maybe jail time. I almost Shat my pants ! When we got to the station we called the field and they told them that we all were there that night. soo they let us off but they did take all our paintballs that we brought :( It turns out that it was a bunch of unruly kids who thought they were cool. They destroyed basketball hoops,cars ,buildings and houses. THEY WERE COUGHT ! one of the kids came into the shop one day and was bragging about what he and his friends did. soo i went over to him and told him that we just called the police and he was to stay with us.

So it all ended good . except for the people who got there stuff shot up. Those kind of people make paintball look bad.

Automaggin2
05-26-2003, 03:22 PM
lvl10mag, i have found out through the years cops make alot of stuff up.

I get pulled over for walking down y street all the time, and most of the time the cop says "There is a report of a robbery in the neighberhood" and sometimes they will add the suspects fit your desciption. now, i know its not true cause everytime there is a robbery in the neighberhood, everyone hears about it, and its in the papers.

In the last year, i have gotten pulled over about 6 times, and illegally searched twice. I dont care, you dont have to belive me, but its true. My parents were even thinking about getting me a lawyer cause this was getting to out of hand.

PS: Love your sig, little devil owns.

lvl10mag
05-26-2003, 03:31 PM
YEah i know what your talking about they make allot of crap up just to see if you admitt to it or something.Atleast they had a reason to stop us but i didnt see why we had to get handcuffed and taken to the station. your right Little Devil owns . do you ride or something ? I ride street ,park and dirt .

check out my bros site www.catfishcatfish.comI had to turn your sig off...resize it please. Rules is rules...

Mango
05-26-2003, 05:12 PM
Where did this happen? In Mount Laurel? I am very good friends with many Mt. Laurel cops. :) See, us south jersey cops are nice people!! ! ! :D

shartley
05-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
lvl10mag, i have found out through the years cops make alot of stuff up.

I get pulled over for walking down y street all the time, and most of the time the cop says "There is a report of a robbery in the neighberhood" and sometimes they will add the suspects fit your desciption. now, i know its not true cause everytime there is a robbery in the neighberhood, everyone hears about it, and its in the papers.

In the last year, i have gotten pulled over about 6 times, and illegally searched twice. I dont care, you dont have to belive me, but its true. My parents were even thinking about getting me a lawyer cause this was getting to out of hand.

PS: Love your sig, little devil owns.
Please forgive me for a second….. LOLROF!!!!

Okay, now that I got that out of the way…… If you are being stopped and questioned, pulled over, and searched THAT many times, it may indicate a pattern of behavior you might want to change. Of course I am sure you will say “But I wasn’t doing anything!”….. that is the most used line in the book, ever watch COPS? ;)

I can assure you that if I was illegally searched even ONCE that I would have someone’s job for it. But honestly, most people don’t know the first thing about what is a legal VS illegal search, what is a legal stop and what is not a legal stop, etc. There are so many legal reasons for stopping, questioning, searching, and even detaining someone that it would shock most people. And if folks knew how much crime happens in their communities that they don’t “hear about” or doesn’t “make the papers” it would shock them too.

My suggestion is that if what you say is even remotely similar to events that have happened in your life, that you examine your actions, appearance, or any of the reasons you may be being targeted by the Police. And I would seriously suggest talking with your parents about how much they love you, because if it was happening to MY child, you can bet I would not be “thinking about getting a lawyer”. All it would take is ONE such illegal action by the Police… not repeated times.

Automaggin2
05-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Yep, it happened in mount laurel..... Damn cops. I know all there mind games, like when they as for your phone number, you say like 717-4171 and they will be like "ok, 717-4711" and try to trick you to see if your lieng. I know cops so well.

Crimson_Turkey
05-26-2003, 06:01 PM
...cops make alot of stuff up.

After knowing a criminal defense attourney i have figured that out... Alot of these guys are out of control.

Automaggin2
05-26-2003, 06:32 PM
THANK YOU! Finally someone that agrees with me

1stdeadeye
05-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Sorry AM2. Can't back you up this time. I have too amny friends in different depts in SJ. Mostly Pennsauken, Glassboro, Pitman, and Cherry Hill. They are some of the nicest guys I know. Plus, they have the paitience of saints. I would seriouly bust some people up if I had to deal with half the crap they deal with.

Python14
05-26-2003, 08:45 PM
I have never met a police officer who was mean for no reason. The one time I was pulled over, I should have been pulled over because I was going 45 in a 35 zone(I had gone through the subdivision so many times, I should have known that it was 35, not 45). The officer motioned me to pull to the side of the road and when he came to my window, he asked nicely for my license and registration then when he noticed I was a little shaken up(2nd day with a license) he told me he was gonna let me go on a warning. Nothing would show up on my record and he was just gonna watch me leave the neighborhood. Then before he let me go, he asked me if I knew someone and we got into like a 20 minute conversation about a mutual friend of ours.

Thank you for police officers.

skife
05-26-2003, 10:58 PM
if the cops ever want to search you, ask for their name and badge number, leagally they have to give it to you, i read this on a pamfilt that they handed out at school it had instructions about getting pulled over and stuff, my opnion about cops though, they kinda piss me off when they hot rod on there crusiers alot, i seen one just bail down through the median on the expressway to pull somone over, hard earned taxpayers money going to fund cop cars that are broke because of driver error

Woogie12
05-27-2003, 02:31 AM
I didn't have it easy this one time. I was walking home from my g/f's house at 11. I was literally 10 feet from my door and a cop pulls up. He is lke where are you going? i said my house and pointed to it. Then he gets out of his car. He takes my name down and my 2 friends'. It's like 11:30 now and he calls their houses to let em know. It's was so ridiculous. Next time I'm out past curfew i believe i spend the night in juvie.

Mango
05-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Whoa Automaggin2: I leave this thread for a bit and here I thought you had a positive outlook on police officers. Well, all I can say is that I am sorry to hear about your negative perceptions. I know there are a few bad apples out there, but overall, South Jersey is loaded with excellent police officers. I am friends with officers in just about all 37 municipalities in Camden County, and most in Burlington, especially Mount Laurel. They are all professionals through and through.

If you want to meet some great officers, come to Winslow Twp. PD sometime and I'll introduce you to some of the best officers in the state and give you the .50 cent tour. :D

woogie12: Calling parents or guardians is standard procedure for Juvenlies who are out past curfew. It is done for various reasons. In NJ, it's done to make sure that your parents are aware of your location, and to make sure that YOU have a place to live and were not out on the streets. Also, to make sure that you are not a runaway and/or a missing person. So do not think police are always out to burn you. People who you do not even know are out there looking out for YOUR well being.

skife: To effect an arrest or a motor vehicle stop, police can take what actions they deem neccesary. Suppose he ran that drivers tag and it came back with a warrent out for his arrest? Suppose he felt that, at that time, to use the median was the safest manner to enter the highway? I can not justify nor question that officers actions. I'm just throwing some things out there. The best thing to do, is give them the right of way and ALWAYS move to the right when they approach or try to enter a highway/intersection/etc.

Python14: Thank you. :) We are taught in the academy that we do not always have to issue summons and that, in order to promote a positive public opinion of police officers, issueing verbal or written warnings for lesser offenses (when the driver is being compliant towards the officer) is the way to go.

Automaggin2
05-27-2003, 09:40 PM
O nice, i have a new cop story

My best friend was driving through philadelphia, north philly, and they stopped at a KFC, where it happens to be there were a bunch of drug dealers lingering around. 2 cop cars pull up, throw my friends against the car, and start searching them and yelling "Give me anything you hve, chains, necklaces, watches, bracelets, money" and get in there face, and my friends were scared like hell and didnt think to get the badge number, they handcuffed them and held them there cause they thought they were part of the dealing operation, but then they uncuffed them when they didnt give up any goods.

So many people have told me about corrupt cops in philly. New Jersey cops arnt bad, but there are some who get bored and decide to mess with people.

Smegma
05-27-2003, 11:08 PM
they handcuffed them and held them there cause they thought they were part of the dealing operation, but then they uncuffed them when they didnt give up any goods. And what is wrong with this exactly...? Seems to me they were just doing their job. :eek:

Star_Base_CGI
05-28-2003, 10:17 AM
I used to have alot of issues with the cops here but they kept getting alot of bad press. I got shook down about twice. One time I was walking my dog and another time someone was kicking in my door and I went postal. Now when I get pulled over I get a warning.

See you live in a town thats %80 black the people wont tolerate that kind of abuse for very long.

If you have alot of money they treat you different. Someone walked in my cousens house and started trouble. My other cousen pulled out a gun and killed him but they have money. So they never went to jail or anything.

Smegma
05-28-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Star_Base_CGI
I used to have alot of issues with the cops here but they kept getting alot of bad press. I got shook down about twice. One time I was walking my dog and another time someone was kicking in my door and I went postal. Now when I get pulled over I get a warning.

See you live in a town thats %80 black the people wont tolerate that kind of abuse for very long.

If you have alot of money they treat you different. Someone walked in my cousens house and started trouble. My other cousen pulled out a gun and killed him but they have money. So they never went to jail or anything.
I can believe you believe that, I highly doubt that nothing happend after your friend SHOT someone!

Mossman
05-28-2003, 11:13 AM
starbase is a fibber...

ANYHOW, I like cops now :)
Cops in my town are cool for the most part, I've never been pulled over by them but their speed trap tactics are sketchy to say the least. We've got about 4 speed traps in town, 1 is around a blind corner, and when they're "gunning" there they just pull someone over, let them go, and wave down the next car. My buddy lost his licence for 6 months cuz of it :(

Yea and one of those cops who's usually gunning followed me down a 3 mile road going like 30 (ridiculous speed limit for the road), because I gunned it and passed on the right because dumb chick in a jetta couldnt drive straight and was pinching me into a high curb.

ANYHOW, heres why i like cops:
On the way to the megameet i got pulled over going 15 over in connecticut by a pleasant asian dude. The problem is my wallet was stolen the week before, and I ordered a temp one and was expecting it to let me print out a temporary licence (They used to do this, ive seen my buddies with em, it said use this page for reference until xxxx date when the licence was due to arrive.

SO anyways, long story short, I had no photo ID, he let me off with a verbal instead of dragging me to the PD and waiting for my parents to get back from canada to bring me some. W00T go cops!