PDA

View Full Version : How does a chrono work

p8ntballsnowman
05-26-2003, 12:31 AM
How does it work. Like how does it tell how fast a paintball is flying. It seems like magic.

Dayspring
05-26-2003, 12:35 AM
Same way the cops can tell how fast you're speeding. :D

askman
05-26-2003, 12:37 AM
There are two type of chronograph. One is like the chrony. You shoot over a two eyes set a given distance. THe eye sees the shadow of pball/bullets. As it goes over the first on, it starts a very accurate clock, second eye stops it. Since the distance between eye is fixed, you can find velocity by simple distance over time calculation (which is done by the electronics, and displayed)

THe other type is radar chronograph. basically, it finds velocity measuring the shift of reflecttion of radar signal.

Personally, I feel the first type is more accurate, but second is more easier to use. I have pb chrony myself.

Frank (the spank)
05-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Magic elves from North Dakota live inside the chrono and all vote on how fast the paintball flew outside of their window.

Don't shoot the chrono.. that pisses 'em off.

Kevmaster
05-26-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Frank (the spank)
Magic elves from North Dakota live inside the chrono and all vote on how fast the paintball flew outside of their window.

lol!!

xadamx
05-26-2003, 10:55 AM
i accidentally shot a chrono once, wasnt pretty.

Torbo
05-26-2003, 11:01 AM
the little handheld ones are radar chronos. they are mad easy to use. I like mine.

Jonno06
05-26-2003, 01:55 PM
lol..the ref shot the chrono when i had my rt..it was hilarious

BobTheCow
05-26-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Frank (the spank)

aaaaaaahahahahaha :D :D

Which kind are the big red box ones, that seem to be fairly popular at fields? Radar, or shadow-measuring deal? (or ELVES??)

xadamx
05-26-2003, 04:18 PM
psh its obviously the elves! heheh the red chronos are radar