PDA

View Full Version : Best way to run mag with co2

68magOwner
05-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Hi, i recently got my mag, and i dont have enough $ for HPA, so i need to find out what the best way to run a mag with co2 is. The gun came with a system x on/off drop, and macro line hoses. So, what is you opinion ont the best/cheapest way to run my mag nicely on co2, thanks.

Muzikman
05-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Well, the problem is that HPA systems are so cheap tese days that as long as you can get them filled, it's cheaper to just run HPA. As for the best way to run a Mag on CO2 is to get a Palmer Stabilizer and run the tank on a remote. This would just about garantee that you would not get liquid into the gun.

chronic john
05-26-2003, 03:45 PM
if your set on runing co2 then have a anti siphon tube installed in your co2 tank for like 5 or 10 $ they match the threads on the tank to your on-off valve so the antsiphon tube points strait up in the air and the tank then can bassicaly only be used with that on-off set up

ß.C.
05-26-2003, 03:47 PM
antisiphon
remote
X chamber

that should work

Riot[Z-Grip]
05-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by ß.C.
antisiphon
remote
X chamber

that should work

You can't run anti-siphon and remote at the same time. This will cause the co2 tank to SIPHON liquid co2 into your system.. BAD =) (Assuming that you will run the co2 tank in a vertical position in a pack.. like is normal with remote use.)

-Riot

MinimagRockin'
05-26-2003, 03:57 PM
If you want to run co2 cheaper than buying HPA I would say just get a remote and maybe an expansion chamber. The best luck I ever had running co2 though was running a remote and a palmers stabalizer. The only thing is, is that you can buy an HPA tank for as much as a stabalizer costs these days.

chronic john
05-26-2003, 04:06 PM
yea get the antisiphon installed and dont buy the remote or the expansion chamber cause for that kinda money you can go with hpa ...

Brian68mag
05-26-2003, 04:38 PM
The best way to run Co2 for me has been a Anti siphon bottle(50) and a expansion chamber(30), simple and effective.

Very good combo and my mag has not froze once with this setup.
I recommend N2, however i understand it may not be availible in your area, as it is not in mine. Goodluck.

Koosh
05-26-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Brian68mag
The best way to run Co2 for me has been a Anti siphon bottle(50) and a expansion chamber(30), simple and effective.

An Anti-syphen bottle is not $50... its just a 20 oz co2 tank (about $20) with a $8 kit in it...

With that said, the co2 questions come up like once a week here... I think there should just be a sticky somewhere explaining everything...

In my humble opinion, the best co2 setup is like the one I have on my mag now. The Anti-syphen co2 tank running into the Palmer Sideline Stabilizer. I get nearly zero freezes on my gun, and it runs as close to HPA as I think it'll get.

Downside is that it the Sideline Stabilizer is about $60 or 70... meaning you coud buy a small (47/3k) HPA tank for it. I didn't think that was an option for me, seeing as that small of a tank would only get under 500 shots, then driving the 30 miles to get it filled would get annoying REAL fast...

68magOwner
05-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks 4 the advice, but do i NEED the stabalizer? I meen, can i run the mag well with just the 20oz anti syphon? By the way, N2 isnt a option, i cant get it where i live. Thnx anyway

Koosh
05-26-2003, 05:50 PM
The stabilizer isn't NEEDED, but it is the BEST way to keep liquid co2 out of the valve. Running with only the AS co2 tank will work alright... You still will freeze up pretty often in long strings of shots, but it should be better then nothing...

68magOwner
05-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Ok, first off, what do you concider a "long stream" of paint, secondly, how bad would it b if someone ran a mag on straight up co2, no AS, no xchamber, nuthin, just the tank (lol, just so i know)

Muzikman
05-26-2003, 06:28 PM
If you run nothing except a straight tank, you will get about 5 shots before you start to suck liquid and the gun will freeze. More than likly you will be replacing orings once a game and have the worse consistancy you have ever seen:)

paintballbeaver
05-26-2003, 06:34 PM
get a c02 piston from agd and then an anti shiphon

Riot[Z-Grip]
05-26-2003, 07:01 PM
Or you could run a vertical tank. That is THE best way to run co2 on a mag. Virtually NO liquid will get into your valve.

-Riot

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
05-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh

With that said, the co2 questions come up like once a week here... I think there should just be a sticky somewhere explaining everything...

and here it is http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78425

Koosh
05-26-2003, 09:20 PM
I have a problem with that thread... Actually saying that the Palmer Stab is BAD for the guns? We all know that secondary regulators are redundant when using HPA, but with a Mag on CO2, the stab is probably the BEST thing for it.

Yes, with the stabilizer it will still freeze up. I purposely tested this once, I have an auto-response trigger frame on my gun (clocked myself at a max of 13 bps), so I let it rip as fast as I could until the valve ceased function. Looking into my revvy showed about 50 balls left, so I had fired around 100-120 until it froze, with the AR trigger frame as fast as it could go.

Try doing THAT with an expansion chamber...:D ;) :D

Ok, first off, what do you concider a "long stream" of paint, secondly, how bad would it b if someone ran a mag on straight up co2, no AS, no xchamber, nuthin, just the tank (lol, just so i know)

The "long stream" would be anywhere from 10-40 in quick succession.

I've actually found that it really depends on how new the gun/o-rings are. You can run straight co2 pretty well for the first few weeks on the stock o-rings, but after that it will start to degrade pretty fast. This is just what I noticed with my brand new mag last year.