PDA

View Full Version : emag boards

BajaBoy
05-26-2003, 03:48 PM
I remember someone on here doing some custom emag boards that had F/A and went up to 20cps

lets get some info on this!

ChucktheMAGician
05-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Contact Tunaman. He can set you up;) :D

Tunaman
05-26-2003, 04:47 PM
These boards are called "Morlock" boards. Please do not associate my name with ANYTHING called "Emagnum". ;)

WickeDKlowN
05-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Don from MPP made the Emagnum boards I believe.

What ever happened to that place anyway? I left for a few months, and they were gone when I came back.

Edit:Tuna(or anyone who knows) How much are these "Morlock" boards?

BajaBoy
05-26-2003, 07:00 PM
hey guys, yes i know about the Morlock board.. i did alot of research and came to find out they arnt the best choice(for the money).

just incase anyone is interested in one or info.. www.exarin.com and the retail is 129$ ?

i have heard about them burning out. And bad chips..

Anyway since were on the topic, Tunaman why dont u give us all some prices on these. (yea i know that pm's are good for this but it would be cool for everyone to know) This wouldnt be breaking any rules would it?
__________________________________________________ _________

Now back on to why i started this thred, Someone on Ao reprogramed thier board to do 20cps and FullAuto but i forget who.

and sunce this is a tinker fourm i would think this is a Great place for this..

And anyone else feal free to add anything you want about Any emag boards.

sniper1rfa
05-26-2003, 07:17 PM
the emagnum boards WERE morlocks.

When did you here about burning out a morlock? i did it, once... but thats because i was stupid. made a short through one of the transistors. :D
morlocks are considered to be the most durable and versitile board available from anywhere.

Have Blue has hacked the emag board, but he promised AGD not to disclose anything nor to do it for people.

BajaBoy
05-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa
the emagnum boards WERE morlocks.

When did you here about burning out a morlock? i did it, once... but thats because i was stupid. made a short through one of the transistors. :D
morlocks are considered to be the most durable and versitile board available from anywhere.

Have Blue has hacked the emag board, but he promised AGD not to disclose anything nor to do it for people.

about the morlock boards.. i think your the first person said that they are durable. Every review was said that "your good unless u get a bad microchip" and that people have burnt them out b4. Yes i know that their are stupid people but still.

Also, thier was someone besides haveblue

nerobro
05-27-2003, 01:20 AM
It doesnt' take a lot. heck you can "hack" the PIC chip in an Xboard. though.. given have blue was asked not to disclose anything... I guess I should hold the same promise ;-)

If you think the stock board doesn't cut it.. you can follow bill mills instructions on warpig on how to make your own board. it's not a terriably difficult thing to do.

nippinout
05-27-2003, 04:39 AM
The Morlock board is the most robust board out there.

It can take upwards of 35volts input. It's a voltage regulator, but still, it's a lot of juice. :) The only way you are going to fry one is through user error. User error will fry any and all boards.

What you 'hear' is not always true.

Curt from KM2 is a mechanical engineer with a csci degree. He know's his stuff. The Morlock board is not a drop in board. It is not noob friendly. You need to solder on a switch of some sort, power, eye, and mount it all. Then program it. Does this make the board not worth the price? Maybe not for the person who does not have the tools or knowledge of installing one.

But, this board is very powerful.

Have Blue got the Emag code and found out most of the functions for the board pins. He even found a supply of green LED displays.

The board is not protected, but all you would read off of it is hex. It's much more fun to make your own code. :)

ShooterJM
05-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sniper1rfa

Yeah....what he said! :D Seriously, the only time I've heard of a morlock going bad is if it was user error.

BajaBoy
05-27-2003, 02:14 PM
ok well in that case maybe i will look into the morlock board agian.. I knew about all the installing crap and that it was more of a project then a mod.

nerobro, could u poste a link for the bill mills thing?

ShooterJM
05-27-2003, 02:25 PM
I don't have the link handy. But go to warpig.com, then the technical section. There's a series of articles (four I think) on electronics basics. It's called Basic electronics for airsmiths or something to that effect. Very very good information.

Tunaman
05-27-2003, 05:11 PM
To be honest, I do have a few bad boards where the center chip has burned out. This seems to happen when you hook up your warp motor direct to the Solenoid 2 outputs on the morlock. I spoke with Curt on this a while back and he said to send them back. The board itself and its components are VERY robust. Maybe a bad batch of chips...who knows.

BlackVCG
05-27-2003, 05:45 PM
Still running my E-Mag with Morlock and 18V Warp setup...

No problems at all. I did do a very clean, quality job soldering the connections and I keep the board concealed in an anti-static bag, so maybe all of that has kept mine alive.

billmi
05-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ShooterJM
I don't have the link handy. But go to warpig.com, then the technical section. There's a series of articles (four I think) on electronics basics. It's called Basic electronics for airsmiths or something to that effect. Very very good information.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/electronics/basic_stamp/

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

WARPED1
05-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Bill is a fountain of knowledge!

yagrmiestr
05-31-2003, 01:57 AM
If you have some electronics and a little software background then reprogramming your stock board is possible (definately not classified as easy or SAFE). I just posted some info on how to talk to the LED display in the other thread. Coming up with that portion of the code was the most difficult part. ;)