PDA

View Full Version : Please help... Macroline problem

f3rr3+
05-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Well, i got a new mag and took it to the shop to get the macroline put on and it was done but the quick disconnect wont disconnect... i wish i had a digital camera soo i coudl show you but i can... its the kind where your suposed to hold the little catch thing down and pull the tube out but no matter how hard i pull the tube wont come out... anyone know any quick fix... if not im just taking it back to the guy who did it and telling him he better fix whatever went wrong...

Woogie12
05-27-2003, 01:18 AM
Is there a macroline on the gun already?

rtslave
05-27-2003, 09:56 PM
This might sound stupid, but have you aired it up yet. Are you positive there isn't any pressure, I mean even 50# and you wouldn't budge it. Just thaught i'd ask..

litestab
05-28-2003, 10:30 AM
yes any air in the lines maes it incredibly difficult to take off, like there isn't enough air to shoot but enough to hold it on.. its a pain really

barberjohn
05-28-2003, 05:30 PM
one of the little balls that holds the disconnect on could be stuck down. you could take a pin, and when you have the slide back, try pushing on the roller balls, perhaps if one is stuck, then this will push it loose.

riooso
05-29-2003, 10:19 PM
An easy way to get the hoses to come off is to get a small 6" Cresent wrench and just adjust the jaws till almost tight on the tubing and then sliding it down till it touches the release ring and push. Make sure that you do not have to much pressure in the hose.

R

f3rr3+
05-30-2003, 04:48 PM
this is completely degassed, but none the less i fixed it... the guy put some sort of fixitive in it... never going back there again...

Lakeview Bulldog
05-31-2003, 08:43 PM
I would ditch the Macroline completely. I have used macroline in the past and it gave me nothing but problems and made my whole setup very unstable. I would use either Stainless Steel hose or Grease Whip hose (You can pick it up at an Auto Parts store for $5) both of those would give you a very stable and reliable setup. Just my 2 cents.