PDA

View Full Version : Custom Side Feed Angels

AGDJon
05-27-2003, 09:58 AM
Everyone,

check out this side feed angel custom built for Mike Whybrew of Australia's Action Paintball Games in Rouse Hill, NS Australia.

Shrunk the images some for those modem users out there.

Gunga

AGDJon
05-27-2003, 09:58 AM
More of the Angel

AGDJon
05-27-2003, 09:59 AM
and again

AGDJon
05-27-2003, 10:00 AM
Sorry for the oversize. My computer does not have photoshop to manipulate the pics. Notice the cool flame job on the hopper

dropkick1
05-27-2003, 10:04 AM
thats pretty sweet there jon, and i'm glad to see your posting more, hahahaha, and i can't really see to well but is thata space frame on there?

kenaka "mary"

LittlePaintballBoy
05-27-2003, 10:06 AM
sick

TigerMan
05-27-2003, 10:06 AM
That's pretty cool. Was that very hard to do? Cost a lot?

PzYcO
05-27-2003, 10:11 AM
omg that revvy paint job is SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Will Wood
05-27-2003, 10:12 AM
I don't think it costs too much, maybe 75 bucks?

That looks like Docs works. I think he might have a set price for side feed conversions or maybe just by the hour.

AGDJon
05-27-2003, 10:17 AM
Mary, that does look like a space frame.

Spaceman613
05-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Doesnt look like Doc's work... The top plug was left unannodized. Doc's pretty anal about perfection. But I do like it.

Creative Mayhem
05-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by AGDJon
Mary, that does look like a space frame.

LOL sorry Dropkick... I had too laugh...

That is one sweet mod... If i was keeping my Angel, I would prolly consider having that done to it...

CM

dropkick1
05-27-2003, 10:28 AM
hey thats awesome your getting rid of the angel mayhem, what are ya getting to replace it? or are u just selling it to get a purple x-valve when they finally come out?

ken

PzYcO
05-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by dropkick1
hey thats awesome your getting rid of the angel mayhem, what are ya getting to replace it? or are u just selling it to get a purple x-valve when they finally come out?

ken

hes got an xmag coming VERY soon :o

2000Sabre
05-27-2003, 10:38 AM
That's a really nice mod to have it you want to use a Warp with your Angel. Only negative to me would be it appears from the picture to be a permanent mod. What happens if the Warp stops working or is giving you problems? It's always a nice option to be able to take the Warp off and go back to the standard center feed. Maybe if the plug was threaded so it could be moved back to the side and the center feed and ball detent installed would make this more usable. JMHO

Halo2x
05-27-2003, 11:15 AM
Sweet Angel!! How much would something like that cost? Would you be able to do it to all angels?

AGDJon
05-27-2003, 11:44 AM
I don't know. I did email the link to the guy who owns the marker and hopefully he will post and let everyone know. He is located in Australia.

Jon

Kevmaster
05-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman613
Doesnt look like Doc's work... The top plug was left unannodized. Doc's pretty anal about perfection. But I do like it.

tell me about it :)

and yes, you cna do that to any angel. Doc quoted me a price of $150 to do it to a rainmaker, i would assume about the same for an angel since it involves the same work

logamus
05-27-2003, 02:36 PM
forget the side feed, that paint job is AWESOME!!!

BEEFYSAUSAGE
05-27-2003, 07:40 PM
so is this the new s.w.a.t cocker Mike??
Oh and ill ring him now..:p :p

-Xugg-
05-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Im liking the BMW logo on top of the old vertical feed.:cool:

poloniusreep
05-27-2003, 08:36 PM
pretty......

BEEFYSAUSAGE
05-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Just so everyone knows there were rumors that S.W.A.T( mikes
team) were goin to get a sweet sponsorship deal with wdp
while no one knows if this is true it looks like mike has gone the way of the warpfed angel????
There last team gun was the so called s.w.a.t cocker it was one of the best guns to be made over here(well it was good and they could use them realy well)so will this be the new marker to have in OZ?? only time will tell..

PsychoBaller
05-27-2003, 10:23 PM
bleh...... gonna have that 90* adapter problem like me and Dayspring at the MegaMeet - Chopping case ball were sometimes getting caught in the gap of the 90*. Gonna have to sand one side o the 90* adapter down.

But its an improvement from Vert Feed. heheheh

~da baller

GIBB
05-27-2003, 10:33 PM
AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AISSIE.....Oi, Oi, Oi....Go AUSSIE!!!
You guys just can not keep anything stock can you....nice job as usual!!!
Cheers
GIBB :D

mrhooie
05-28-2003, 12:06 AM
Well, Bob did the same thing to the Timmy a few years back - and now you can special order a custom made Timmy Warp body....

Gottta love the warp :D

Marek
05-28-2003, 03:26 AM
That is just beautiful. :D God, if they only made that for Timmy's :(

Doc Nickel
05-28-2003, 03:50 AM
I have to say that is one wicked-cool Revvy paintjob. I wonder how he keeps the paint from flaking off if/when the loader takes a kit? Painted on the inside of a clear shell like the RC racers do it, maybe?

Not a bad conversion either, though I never liked the add-on 90° adapters... I made mine a little more "low profile" on my Warped 'Cocker:

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/warpcocker.jpg

(It's in the prototype stage as shown- the gun's off being annoed now, I'll have pics up when it's finished.)

I've done a couple right-hand-feed conversions to Angels:

http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/redgvs.jpg

And a 90° feed is no more difficult, I have one in the works now (it, too, needs anno before I show it off.)

Always nice to see people taking this stuff in new directions. Literally. :D

Doc.

maddog
06-01-2003, 12:37 AM
afternoon all
i,m the guy responable for painting mikes revvy hopper.
a few answer for your questions.
using the right paint & materials hoppers & guns can sucessfully be painted, yes on the outside.
have had some 10 hoppers painted now for about 18 months & the only problem is with the first one.
have even turned a rigid clear viewloader as seen on doc nickels pic's into a full clear glass looking hopper, truley awesome!
have succesfully painted numerous, cockers, shockers & angels in all different colours, even in harelquin colours.
as for paint flaking, tested one gun on the firing range with a full hopper at about 1 metre and no paint flaking, so this isnt a problem.
maybe mike can post a few pics for you if you ask him nicely.
cheers.