PDA

View Full Version : Xmag trigger troubles over the weekend...

RamboPreacher
05-27-2003, 12:29 PM
Was at the CPPA National Gathering over the weekend and was going to get my xmag out and let everyone borrow it that wnated to try it.

Of course The first thing I do, is get her ready, set the ACE for dryfire and gas her up.

Brought her back to my table and swithched her on. it fired right away and I thought that was strange, then when I tried to trigger, it wouldn't shoot all the time.

Finaly, I discovered that the magnet on top of the trigger (not the one in the frame) had detached and was stuck to th ebottom of th etop of th egrip frame, so there was no "return" magnetics.

Once I discovered that, I was able to replicate my trigger issues becuase I now realized that the trigger was just hanging there. So to test, I grabbed the grip and shook it back and forth, and dryfired. wshooo - what a relief - before this time, I had thought I really messed something up. Someone commented that if I had a seizure, I could be a pro with it like that :D

Anyway back to the isssue. I need to get that magnet back in the hole. is there an easy way to do this or will I have to remove the trigger from the gripframe?

I was thinking that superglue might work (very carefully), but then decided it might be too brittle. snd thought that rubber cement might be better, after I saw haw the top one (in the frame) was secured with rubber-cement-something.

so any specific ideas what to use?

Snertz
05-27-2003, 12:35 PM
Try a little dab of epoxy.

The best way to get the magnet on the trigger, would be to take the trigger off before you glue the magnet back on, since you can clamp it together tightly without the chance of the top of the trigger getting glued to the frame if there was any excess glue. (A very bad thing!)

Good Luck with getting your trigger back in order!

Strider
05-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Search on: "top magnet trigger glue"

There are a bunch of helpfull hits there.