PDA

View Full Version : Woundering if Fire Gun in Water?

Peter12345
05-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Hi, I was just woundering if I could fire my 68 Automag underwater without it breaking. I thought it would be pretty cool to have paintball fights underwater. if anyone knows this could you please respond. Thank you!

Peter

sniper1rfa
05-27-2003, 08:55 PM
sure, you could. but the paint wouldnt fair as well as the gun...

rehme
05-27-2003, 10:48 PM
no you cant you can hold a automag under water with air hooked up to it. but once you fire water would be able to get in the gun. also all you gear would start to rust and i dont think paintballs would go threw the water

Butterfingers
05-28-2003, 04:17 AM
ive done it before... water dosent get into the gun as long as you don't go too deep. (Meaning scubadiving deep)There is always positive pressure coming out of the gun that keeps water out as long as the airsource is hooked up.

Just a useless tidbit of info... This is the principle of the sherwood scuba drybleed system. It keeps the scuba regulator at a positive pressure in relation to water pressure to keep water out.

litestab
05-28-2003, 10:27 AM
if you do that get an underwater video or something i'd like to see it...

GT
05-28-2003, 04:05 PM
read your owners manual,

gas it up put it underwater, I am not sure about firring it, however it is an excelant way to clean it.

jb

mxracer33x
05-28-2003, 05:42 PM
unless its an EMAG ;)

codeJockey
05-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Y'all should watch Tom's Automag maintenance video. It is safe to fire the 'Mag under water, as once it is pressurized no H2O can get in to the valve. But the observations about the paintballs & an electronic marker are absolutely accurate. Also, keep in mind any non-stainless steel parts (like frame screws) that can rust...

Sir Chopsalot
05-28-2003, 10:28 PM
that would be pretty cool if yall played underwater with those t-balls, that would be worth taping/watching

yurchikcs
05-29-2003, 04:39 AM
Considering the light weight and high mass (low density;) ) of a paintball, if it did somehow manage to come out of the barrel in one peice... if will probably only "fly" only a foot or two. Water is fairly dense, mind you the FBI uses small water tanks to stop real bullets for ballistics examination. Real bullets are much more dense and aerodynamic then a paintball, and they still slow rapidly in water.