PDA

View Full Version : EMAG & XMAG triggers suck - CAN'T WALK! Says this guy...

Jack & Coke
05-28-2003, 10:50 AM
From: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2007363#post2007363

terrorizer666 wrote:

...I have never seen a video, in which someone walked his e / xmag trigger real fast, and that always prefented me from buying an E or X Mag.

I know I <- (!) can walk the trigger with a Racegun Cocker, an Angel, an Intimidator, but I can´t with a Mag...

...If you happen to have a video of that, it may be an argument for the Mag. But these fullauto videos (TK and Butter's vids) don´t mean very much to me...

...Jack and Coke, I actually shot an X Mag C&C on my local field I own with a friend of mine. And I gotta say, either that dude was a complete techniquefish or X Mags feel like normal Automags.

The trigger he had was just crappy, very hard triggerpull, far away from walkable.

And with saying "I haven´t tried E or X Mags tho, cuz they arent allowed in Germany " I wanted to say, that I haven´t bought and owned an X or E Mag yet. I shot one, but that wasn´t such a good experience.

Well come on, dig em trigger-walking vidz up buddy!

I told him, the MAG E trigger can be "dailed-in" for max ROF, just like any other fast electro.

He says he has never seen live or video of anyone walking a mag E trigger fast.

My EMAG should arrive in a few weeks so I won't be able to video tape a demo until then...

Can the AO Army point me to a link of a video clip of someone "walking the trigger" of an EMAG?

Thanks

askman
05-28-2003, 11:11 AM
there was vid of someone walking the ULE trigger at the last AO megameet. That is with a mechanical trigger. That should impress anybody.

Jack & Coke
05-28-2003, 11:20 AM
links?

What I really need is a link to a clip of someone walking the E trigger of a mag. (very fast)

Anyone care to help out and make a clip?

Otherwise, I'll have to wait a few weeks until I get my own EMAG...

Ityl
05-28-2003, 11:28 AM
walking the trigger is dumb anyways, just for show, imo. Many people, including angel owners, could fire my brother's emag faster than there own gun. I can't fire a matrix, IR3, imp, or race as fast an the emag.

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 11:29 AM
I'll make a video today of me getting 14 bps walking the trigger.

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 11:31 AM
walking the trigger is dumb anyways, just for show, imo. Many people, including angel owners, could fire my brother's emag faster than there own gun. I can't fire a matrix, IR3, imp, or race as fast an the emag.

I walk the trigger in games, and it is NOT for only for show. It gets ALOT of paint in the air very quicky. Trust Me, I know.

Jack & Coke
05-28-2003, 11:43 AM
pickmaster is correct.

During games, I can easily "walk" my Timmy 14-16 bps (as indicated by my new LCD clamy frame w/Equalizer)...

..and I don't do it for show... :):):)

Evil Bob
05-28-2003, 01:17 PM
By design, we have been given an incredibly flexible trigger, not only can we adjust the trigger travel and sensitivity using the trigger stop and the magnet mounted on the trigger, we can also adjust the Emag/Xmag trigger pull weight by removing magnets from the grip frame and adding a spacer or two under the magnets. You can make it as hard or light as you wish.

Most Emags ship with 3 rare earth magnets in the trigger frame for a really crisp pull/return, remove one or two and you drasticly cut down the pull resistance and return strength. Drop in an on/off pin oring in there and it'll get so easy to pull that you can blow on the trigger and it will fire as was done with Capo's mag. There is a video floating around here that shows a straw being used to fire her mag, the author was blowing on the trigger :) That would be a good one to post for the adjustability argument.

Keep in mind that the easier the pull, the less the trigger return strength. Ideally you want a trigger that will snap back quickly when walking, so there is a point of dimishing returns. This is, of course, if you are not using the mag in hybrid mode, hybrid throws all bets off and allows you to setup a sweet super sensitive trigger with a solid return.

Playing around with the magnets/oring config and you can fine tune the trigger to where you can walk it like a madman.

On my Emag, I use one magnet and no spacer, my son uses only one magnet and one spacer, everyone will have their particular config that they are comfy with.

-Evil Bob

puckmaster
05-28-2003, 01:22 PM
i have 2 white teflon o-rings and 1 magnet it mine, and it is LIGHT and it is also very easy to walk.

Evil Bob
05-28-2003, 01:34 PM
The only way an Emag/Xmag would feel like any other mag triggerwise is if the guy who owned the gun that terror shot had the trigger rod unscrewed and butted up against the trigger, which would 100% defeat the whole purpose of the electronic frame. I highly doubt someone would be so stupid as to do that, but you never know.

The more plausible theory is that terror has never actually fired an Emag/Xmag, those who have know there is a night and day difference between them and their mechanical counterparts. Even my six year old can describe the difference in feel.

-Evil Bob

FeelTheRT
05-28-2003, 02:54 PM
i can't walk E-Mag triggers either. Sorry but i hate magnet triggers! I prefer the classic feel of springs where it's not hard at first and gets lighter.

wes
05-28-2003, 03:29 PM
what aboot the video wiht capo and she had her trigger so light, it would shoot when you blew on it?

i'll try and find it....

thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64957&highlight=straw) thats the link

edtiaasdsd- the video seems to be down...

Jack & Coke
05-29-2003, 08:50 AM
From:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2013709#post2013709

Originally posted by terrorizer666
That´s more interesting than these videos that have been around for a while.
Don´t get me wrong, I just wanna see how someone easily rips on an X Mag.

That thing is hella expensive, like an ir3 c&c over here, and if anyone of my freinds and teammates is going to buy it, I´d like to see the possibilities before.

I kind of wonder why there are no such Videos, cuz everytime you see an E Cocker video or a Timmyvid, they all easily walk the trigger. It´s essential for me in my game, it´s my style of playing to shoot the trigger walking. And I would say every gun that is that expensive should at least give it´s user the possibility to rip on the trigger like hell, in order to hit RoF´s of 14+ bps in semi auto.

Kevmaster
05-29-2003, 09:12 AM
two words:

ROLLER and TRIGGER

LittlePaintballBoy
05-29-2003, 09:20 AM
bottom of the page (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64957&perpage=30&highlight=straw&pagenumber=2)

Jack & Coke
05-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Maybe the request was not clear...

"W A L K I N G the trigger fast"

not "rolling the trigger"

not "raking the trigger"

not "blowing the trigger"

:)

Something like this:

http://homepage.mac.com/alle/iMovieTheater7.html

LittlePaintballBoy
05-29-2003, 10:01 AM
that matrix is pretty sick. i like when he shoots the x on the bunker.:D

Jonno06
05-29-2003, 12:37 PM
haha...that guy is such a retard...

nice gun though.

puckmaster said he was gonna make a video for you, but maybe he forgot?

beefstew
05-29-2003, 03:01 PM
i will get a vid of me ripping on my X. I can get up to 13-14 no problem, with my off hand. I think i can get it saterday? hmm, we shall see.

lack of grace
05-29-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ityl

I walk my trigger while playing and I dont do it for show...I can shoot faster by walking, in turn creating a tigher stream of paint in front of someone running.

I guess I don't see how or why you would think its for show..

TheJester
05-29-2003, 03:17 PM
even i was able to walk an emag trigger the 1st time i picked it up...and that was my 1st time ever shooting an electro gun, so needless to say i wasn't used to the feel, nor did i have the proper rythem for walking, but i pulled it off.

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 01:30 PM
TecnoRobo found this:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=66109&highlight=emag+video

Although it's fast, I can't tell if BlackVCG is using HYBRID (illegal bounce), or WALKING the TRIGGER...

I think this is only 13-14 bps though.

:)

Anyone else with a clip of someone "walking the trigger" of E-MAG's?

Strange how the E-trigger of the E-MAG is supposed to be so awesome and easy to shoot, but there's no video proof of anyone walking the trigger faster than 15+ bps (common for other top end electros).

BlackVCG
06-03-2003, 01:37 PM
That's just me pulling the trigger in straight E-Mode. I don't even have a trigger rod or a rod on the sear arm for the trigger rod for that matter. I can't walk the trigger. I guess it might have to do with how I have the trigger set, but for me walking the trigger it's pointless when I can pull at that speed with one finger.

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Cool!

Thanks for the details BlackVCG :)

TecnoRobo
06-03-2003, 04:39 PM
glad you got what you needed...
Show this non-believer the light!

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 06:04 PM
it's still not "walking" though... :)

shartley
06-03-2003, 06:19 PM
What does it matter if you can “walk” a mag or not? Isn’t it more important that you can shoot it fast any way you CAN? And isn’t a marker shooting fast by “walking” it as fast as one shooting the same speed by “pulling” the trigger, or “fanning”, or “rolling” it?

If “walking” is the ONLY way an individual can reach the speeds he/she WANTS to reach while shooting a marker then getting one that may not be ideal for that type of firing process may not be the best choice for them to make.

Is that a reflection on the marker though? Nope… it is a reflection on the user. But then again it is much easier to blame the equipment. ;)

It has already been established that the fastest marker is most often determined by the USER and what they are comfortable with, and not the capabilities of the marker itself. Any given marker or trigger setup may or may not be faster than any other, given the preferences and skills of each user.

So, to this guy, I say……… If YOU can’t walk a mag, and that is what is most important to you, don’t get one. No problem. Now have a nice life.

FreshmanBob
06-03-2003, 06:29 PM
Honestly guys, I've always had trouble walking e-mag triggers of any lightness and length, but that's me. I'll walk maybe 7 or 8 at best on an emag, pick up a matrix LCD and get about 15 going. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of magnetic triggers in general, but that's me. Hell, Blazing Ace can easily hit 13 or 14 bps with his e-mag, so one person's opinion doesn't mean much.

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 06:38 PM
shartley, I agree... however, he does have a point that for a "fast" marker, it's strange that there are no existing videos of anyone "walking" their e-mag with any mouth watering speed.

"What does it matter if you can “walk” a mag or not?"

It does matter to some...

I for one prefer walking a super light trigger. Since it's what I like, it does matter to me. That how I like to shoot. ...and as I suspect, the same may be true for the guy who posted the original question.

It's all about preference. If indeed it is very difficult to maintain a high ROF via walking technique with the mag, then many people who have horned their walking skills may shy away from the mag.

I know this is not the case... but just like everything else on AO, we want "proof".

MagAl
06-03-2003, 08:39 PM
A few quick questions I know waht walking and fanning but waht is rolling? I made a search but had no successThanks in advance

Jack & Coke
06-03-2003, 09:48 PM
rolling = raking = http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72838&highlight=jack+coke

Daroach
06-04-2003, 12:10 AM
If i had a digi camcorder i would get a vid of me walking my Xmag trigger, but i don't.....sorry d00d

RT pRo AuToMaG
06-04-2003, 01:34 AM
I walk my emag's trigger easier then I could walk my adrenalin angel's trigger. Only gun that i've shot that I could walk the trigger easier then the emag trigger would be the matrix that the field owner has at my field.

Jack & Coke
06-04-2003, 11:37 AM
I'm still waiting for my ULE EMAG to come in so I havn't had a chance to try out the E-mag trigger.

As far as electros go, I've shot a Timmy, Matrix, Angel LCD, Angel IR3, Impy, Shocker 4x4, and Bushy...

By FAR, the EASIEST to rip FAST (walking @ 16+ bps) was the Timmy w/Equalizer!http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

The Matrix was a close second.

I can't wait until I get my ULE EMAG!:)

Skoad
07-15-2003, 04:47 PM
well jack? did you ever get the emag? ;)

CFD323
07-15-2003, 06:05 PM
To all of you that said you had no problem walking the Emag trigger...what are your trigger setups ? Just curious how everyone has theirs set.

Jack & Coke
07-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Skoad,

Not yet!:(

Tunaman is waiting for it to come back from the engravers.

Tunaman has been very nice and helpful in keeping me updated.

My ULE EMAG started off as a bare-bones kit, then it got polished and anoed, then it went to AGD for processing, and now it's at the engravers...

Tuna is just waiting to receive it, assemble it, test it, fine-tune it, install magic elves in it, and ship it.

You guys will know when I get it! :)http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Skoad
07-15-2003, 07:13 PM
bleh

i want to see how you fair....i can't walk my emag trigger for beans. I'm thinkin about setting the trigger pull longer and try that but i can get like the first 5 shots off pretty fast then I crap out. And thats in E-mode, in hybrid i can't even get started.

I just do the old finger/wrist spasm, and i seem to get good rates. But i'd sure like to walk.

S.S Bandit1
07-15-2003, 09:30 PM
I can walk my new Xmag like its secondary to breathing. As far as I know, the trigger is equivilent to emag triggers. I just got it yesterday and I picked it up and walked REALLY easily. I think it is cuz it has a pretty strong magnetic return and the pull is about 1.5mm-2mm long. I guess it all has to do with how the trigger is setup.

BajaBoy
07-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Jack &amp; Coke

Tunaman is waiting for it to come back from the engravers.

My ULE EMAG started off as a bare-bones kit, then it got polished and anoed, then it went to AGD for processing, and now it's at the engravers...

what does this all mean???:D :p are you cookin up something special?

Jack & Coke
07-15-2003, 11:19 PM
"are you cookin up something special?"

Nah...

nothing too crazy...;)

Gloss Black ULE Tuna EMAG

Ingedients:

1 part ULE Body
1 part ULE Rail
1 part ULE Frame
1 part X-VALVE
1 BMF ULE Magic Elf

*licks chops at what will come out of the oven*

:cool:

Automaggin2
07-15-2003, 11:23 PM
O man, i know 1stdeadeyes xmag can be walked very easily. 1DE, you should put up a video :)

1stdeadeye
07-16-2003, 10:13 AM
This past weekend, two of the refs from Paintball Invasion walked Mango's and my X-Mag triggers very nicely.

I prefer to fan the trigger.

;)

Jack & Coke
07-16-2003, 10:37 AM
Can you describe your technique for "fanning" the trigger?

1stdeadeye
07-16-2003, 03:35 PM
I hold the gun with my left hand. Usually by the battery pack. I then fan the trigger using the middle finger of my right hand.

I do not have a digital video camera yet so I can't post a vid of it. I'll have someone take my picture this Sunday at Paintball Invasion and post it!

Jack & Coke
07-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Is the tank pressed into your right or left shoulder?

1stdeadeye
07-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Into my right shoulder. Sometimes I hold it by the Warp bracket when I want to get really tight into a bunker.

GatoLoco
08-02-2003, 12:39 PM
any vids, or is everyone at ao day:p

GatoLoco
08-03-2003, 12:08 PM
up, i am sorry people, i just love seing emags shooting, its almost as good as jello pudding on an obese cat

nospmas311
08-03-2003, 06:01 PM
A guy down at the field I play at has an e-gripped A-5 with modified springs in the grip and a double trigger. Basically, he just rolls his finger from the top of the trigger, to the middle, then the bottom. He does this really fast and hits like 14/15 bps (says the chronograph). Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Jack & Coke
08-03-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by nospmas311
A guy down at the field I play at has an e-gripped A-5 with modified springs in the grip and a double trigger. Basically, he just rolls his finger from the top of the trigger, to the middle, then the bottom. He does this really fast and hits like 14/15 bps (says the chronograph). Pretty amazing if you ask me.

You mean like this?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72838&highlight=GZ+roller

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=697842

This is called: Trigger "raking". :)

Funny how there are STILL no video clips of people "WALKING" their EMAG triggers FAST... :confused:

Rest assured, as soon as my EMAG arrives, I'll record a video clip of me trying to "WALK" an EMAG - wether it's FAST or SLOW! ;)

WarBUCKs
08-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Any news on walking cuz "No Skillz" was telling me that people were having a hard time walking the X-mags trigger at AO Day in Southern California. If I wasn't on vacation, I would of videotaped people playing and attempting to walk the trigger. I need more footage for the video I am putting together anyways.

BlackVCGs video is fast, but he supposedly isn't walking the trigger. If I could move my hand that fast, I wouldn't need a girlfriend. :eek:

I am ready to see a video people. I have a digi-cam but I am just missing the gun.

EsPo
08-04-2003, 06:06 PM
jack and coke = teh 1337 pball forum narc ;););)

magman007
08-04-2003, 06:34 PM
any one going to philly psp and bringing a camera? il take my sfl, and il walk the trigger for you, it isnt hard folks!

the e is easy as hell to walk the trigger, my personal preference is to have a little of pre and after travel, not something that is all hysterisis, i like a lil travel, then throw the oring uptop with one magnet

its a walkable wonder

rdb123
08-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Jack, assuming I get the SFL repaired, I should have it back within 10 days I'm thinking. I can only walk it at about 11bps--not fast at all, but I'll do it if you think that will be ok.

Let me know.

-Ron

DiRTyBuNNy
08-04-2003, 10:07 PM
I walked PBZ's Green X and also walked No Skillz NYX Matrix at AO Day SoCal...not a problem whatsoever...it's easy..

Boothhead
08-05-2003, 03:10 AM
I was walking my emag(1.37 software) with my newly tuned trigger. The tigger was set up so well for my walking style that I burned out the board. I have to send the gun away to agd tomo to get the board replaced.

I would video tape it for ya, but the board has seased to work.

Jack & Coke
08-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Boothhead

...The tigger was set up so well for my walking style that I burned out the board...

WOW!:eek:

Your technique must be magnificent!

The EMAG board can't handle your kung fu!:confused:

DiRTyBuNNy
08-06-2003, 12:50 AM
Yes Grasshopper...for your next test of will...catch paintball in mid-air with chopstick...

Boothhead
08-06-2003, 01:02 AM
I caught a paintball outa mid air with my nuts once.
Does that count?
:D :D :D

Jack & Coke
08-06-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Boothhead
I caught a paintball outa mid air with my nuts once.
Does that count?
:D :D :D

That depends on the degree of difficulty.

Kaiser Bob
08-06-2003, 02:12 AM
anyone trying to walk the emag trigger and cant do it... Make sure you are putting your fingers on the middle hump and the bottom edge of the trigger... makes it easy to walk just about any emag trigger regardless of the setup.

Boothhead
08-06-2003, 03:29 AM
Yeah I walk all triggers on the points that protude the most.

A Blade makes it alot easier on an Emag.

terrorizer666
08-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Hey guys, nice thread.
Just seeing this on here cuz I haven´t been here for a long long time. Jack + Coke : thanks for bringing it up, and the question is still there : Who´s got a vid of walking an E / X Mag trigger ?

What I saw til now is a bunch of f/a videos, which isn´t impressive. And then a few retro videos (come on, that´s no skill ;)) plus a guy from Odyssey shooting or "raking" their rollertrigger, which wasnt fast ,too.

Someone mentioned that he was only raking or fanning his trigger, could you show me how you would handle that while running and shooting ? Or while crawling / lying in a small bunker like a snake ?

Everytime I am attempting to rake the trigger like J+C showed in his animation it looks like a dog wants to do a cow... or something like that... :rolleyes:

Get the videos on guys, or isn´t it only a myth that you can not walk X Mag triggers ? I hope it only is, cuz I like these guns for sure.

Ben